

From: [Jupp, Sandra FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Maloughney, Mary Sue MMHA:EX](#)
Subject: To do..
Date: Friday, August 11, 2017 7:15:01 AM

s.22

The only things you need to do are the MCCF for Diane's proposed band change, and the Carr / Goodale letter.

Call if you need me. See you Monday.

Sandra

Sent from my iPhone

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: when you return
Date: Friday, August 11, 2017 1:10:09 PM

Hi Shannon,

Next week, Can you prepare and send out on my behalf welcome messages to new employees hired that have not received one yet,
thanks

Diane R. Nicholls, RPF
ADM Chief Forester
MFLNR
250-387-1544
Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca

EMAIL RESPONSE

Reference: 230379

Bob Zimmer
Member of Parliament, Prince George-Peace River-Northern Rockies
Room 710, The Valour Building
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6

Dear Mr. Zimmer:

Thank you for your email of August 8, 2017 regarding the work of Jeff Kelly and Safe Guard.

The Province of British Columbia and the BC Wildfire Service work continually to ensure that the most appropriate, efficient and cost-effective equipment is available to protect our natural resources and communities from wildfire risks.

As of August 9, 2017, the BC Wildfire Service has connected with Mr. Kelly, and will be engaging in further conversation regarding the utilization of Safe Guard's oilfield equipment.

Thank you again for writing in to share your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Doug Donaldson
Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource
Operations and Rural Development

pc: Honourable Mike Farnworth, Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: As Requested - Wildfire Impact Summary Report for August 7th
Date: Monday, August 14, 2017 7:59:23 AM

Please print
Diane Nicholls

s.13

From: Mcdougall, Iaian FLNR:EX
Sent: Monday, August 7, 2017 10:46 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Salkeld, Tim H FLNR:EX; Nussbaum, Albert F FLNR:EX; Prasad, Atmo P FLNR:EX
Subject: As Requested - Wildfire Impact Summary Report for August 7th
Hi Diane,

I have attached the weekly fire impact summary report. Note that wildfires in the Quesnel TSA grew the most significantly in size this past week, with an additional 4 million cubic metres of live and dead volumes in the THLB being affected. It should also be noted that Williams lake and 100 mile house TSAs both had an addition 1.5 million cubic metres in the THLB impacted.

Best regards,
Iaian McDougall

From: Mcdougall, Iaian FLNR:EX

Sent: July-30-17 10:30 PM

To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX

Cc: Salkeld, Tim H FLNR:EX; Nussbaum, Albert F FLNR:EX; Prasad, Atmo P FLNR:EX

Subject: As Requested - Wildfire Impact Summary Report

Hi Diane,

I have attached the weekly fire impact summary report. Note that wildfires in the 100 Mile House TSA grew the most significantly in size this past week, with an additional 1.15 million cubic metres in the THLB being affected. It should also be noted that Williams lake and Quesnel TSA both had an addition 500,000 cubic metres of THLB impacted.

Best regards,
Iaian McDougall

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: **s.17,s.21**
Date: Monday, August 14, 2017 8:00:57 AM

Please print
Diane Nicholls

From: Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 8:36 AM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Subject: **s.17,s.21**
Good morning Diane,
s.13

Thank you,
Kessie.

Kessie Konwicki, P.Ag.
Land & Resources Coordinator

From: Pousette, John G FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 9:19 AM
To: Middleton, Cathy S FLNR:EX
Subject: **s.17,s.21**

This is an awesome summary Cathy. It is just what we needed!!

Best Regards
John

On Jun 23, 2017, at 9:09 AM, Middleton, Cathy S FLNR:EX <Cathy.Middleton@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

s.17,s.21

Page 07

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.21;s.17

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: CSFN territories and PG TSA Supply Blocks
Date: Monday, August 14, 2017 7:58:24 AM
Attachments: [PG TSA SupplyBlks.pdf](#)
[Summary of CSFN recommendations in July 26 2017 letters.docx](#)

Please print
Diane Nicholls

From: Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX
Sent: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:22 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: CSFN territories and PG TSA Supply Blocks

Hi Diane, I am working from home today, I am not sure if I can access the terminal server for mapping.

I can put something together for you tomorrow, while I am at the office.

For the interim the attached map has the supply blocks and CSFN territory boundaries, and I have also attached the table that Christine prepared for you. She and I can update it with the Stellat'en info tomorrow and figure out a map product to support you.

Thanks,
Kessie.

Kessie Konwicki, P.Ag.
Land & Resources Coordinator

From: Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:10 AM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Fletcher, Christine E FLNR:EX
Subject: CSFN territories and PG TSA Supply Blocks

Good morning Diane,

I was reviewing the CSFN binder factor and realized that the map in the factor did not include supply block boundaries on it. The attached map includes the CSFN territories and the PG TSA supply blocks. The map may assist in consideration of CSFN's recommendations.

Thanks,
Kessie.

Kessie Konwicki, P.Ag.
Land & Resources Coordinator

Major Projects Team, Omineca Region
Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
Wood Innovation and Design Centre (WIDC)
499 George Street, Prince George
Ksenia.Konwicki@gov.bc.ca
p.778-693-3031

Page 09

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.14

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: Overview of CSFN letters
Date: Monday, August 14, 2017 8:02:16 AM
Attachments: [Summary of CSFN recommendations in July 26 2017 letters.docx](#)

Please print this and the attachment
Diane Nicholls

From: Fletcher, Christine E FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 3:59 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Nussbaum, Albert F FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: Overview of CSFN letters

Hi Diane,

Kessie drafted a summary of the Carrier Sekani First Nation letters – see following note.

I put some more detail into a table (attached).

Christine

From: Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:44 AM
To: Fletcher, Christine E FLNR:EX
Subject: Overview for Diane

Hi Christine, here is a quick overview of the letters of recommendation that BC received from CSFN regarding the PG TSA AAC determination:

s.16,s.17

I would recommend a fullsome review of the letter from CSTC.

Thanks,

Kessie.

Kessie Konwicki, P.Ag.

Land & Resources Coordinator

Major Projects Team, Omineca Region

Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations

Wood Innovation and Design Centre (WIDC)

499 George Street, Prince George
Ksenia.Konwicki@gov.bc.ca
p.778-693-3031

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: Prince George AAC - Review comments from Carrier Sekani First Nations
Date: Monday, August 14, 2017 8:03:43 AM

Please print

Diane Nicholls

From: Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:53 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Izzard, Kelly D FLNR:EX; Nussbaum, Albert F FLNR:EX; Muhly, Tyler FLNR:EX; McRae, Ted B FLNR:EX; Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX; Fletcher, Christine E FLNR:EX; Pousette, John G FLNR:EX; Prasad, Atmo P FLNR:EX; Berg, Shane FLNR:EX; Brierley, Tamara FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: Prince George AAC - Review comments from Carrier Sekani First Nations

s.13,s.16

Thanks,

Kessie.

Kessie Konwicki, P.Ag.

Land & Resources Coordinator

-----Original Appointment-----

From: Brierley, Tamara FLNR:EX
Sent: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 3:38 PM
To: Brierley, Tamara FLNR:EX; Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX; Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX; Fletcher, Christine E FLNR:EX; Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX; Pousette, John G FLNR:EX; Izzard, Kelly D FLNR:EX; Nussbaum, Albert F FLNR:EX; Prasad, Atmo P FLNR:EX; Muhly, Tyler FLNR:EX; McRae, Ted B FLNR:EX; Berg, Shane FLNR:EX
Subject: Prince George AAC - Review comments from Carrier Sekani First Nations
When: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:30 PM-3:30 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).
Where: Room 401 @ 780 Blanshard Street

Conference call information

Phone: 1-877-353-9184

- Update on rationale progress, and questions and clarification needs – Kessie
- Update on FLNRO review of impacts on Aboriginal rights - Kessie
- Plans for meeting with CSFNs in early August (plus updates on CSFN requests/demands) - All
- Timeline – Diane plus all
- Integration with broader CSFN process (“whole of government” approach to accommodation) - Christine

Christine Fletcher

Team Lead, Strategic Initiatives

Forest Analysis and Inventory Branch

B.C. Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource Operations

ph: (250) 356-5959 fax: (250) 953-3838

email: Christine.Fletcher@gov.bc.ca

Mailing address: PO Box 9512, Stn. Prov. Govt.

Victoria, B.C. V8W 9C2

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: Prince George AAC - Updates
Date: Monday, August 14, 2017 8:01:20 AM

Please print

Diane Nicholls

From: Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 11:19 AM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Brierley, Tamara FLNR:EX; Prasad, Atmo P FLNR:EX; Fletcher, Christine E FLNR:EX; Izzard, Kelly D FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: Prince George AAC - Updates

Good morning Diane,

Quick update – the Fraser Lake CFA has been approved. Tenures tells me that the Tl'azt'en FNWL is likely to be finalized early next week.

s.16,s.17

I will be updating the rationale as these come in.

k.

Kessie Konwicki, P.Ag.

Land & Resources Coordinator

From: Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX

Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:31 PM

To: Brierley, Tamara FLNR:EX; Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX; Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX; Fletcher, Christine E FLNR:EX; Pousette, John G FLNR:EX; Izzard, Kelly D FLNR:EX; Nussbaum, Albert F FLNR:EX; Prasad, Atmo P FLNR:EX; Muhly, Tyler FLNR:EX; McRae, Ted B FLNR:EX; Berg, Shane FLNR:EX

Subject: RE: Prince George AAC - Review comments from Carrier Sekani First Nations

UPDATE: Here is a table summarizing imminent area-based tenures to be removed from Prince George TSA:

s.16,s.17

Thanks,

Kessie.

Kessie Konwicki, P.Ag.

Land & Resources Coordinator

-----Original Appointment-----

From: Brierley, Tamara FLNR:EX

Sent: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 3:38 PM

To: Brierley, Tamara FLNR:EX; Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX; Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX; Fletcher, Christine E FLNR:EX; Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX; Pousette, John G FLNR:EX; Izzard, Kelly D FLNR:EX; Nussbaum, Albert F FLNR:EX; Prasad, Atmo P FLNR:EX; Muhly, Tyler FLNR:EX; McRae, Ted B FLNR:EX; Berg, Shane FLNR:EX

Subject: Prince George AAC - Review comments from Carrier Sekani First Nations

When: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:30 PM-3:30 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Where: Room 401 @ 780 Blanshard Street

Conference call information

Phone: 1-877-353-9184

s.15

- Update on rationale progress, and questions and clarification needs – Kessie
- Update on FLNRO review of impacts on Aboriginal rights - Kessie
- Plans for meeting with CSFNs in early August (plus updates on CSFN requests/demands) - All
- Timeline – Diane plus all
- Integration with broader CSFN process (“whole of government” approach to accommodation) - Christine

Christine Fletcher

Team Lead, Strategic Initiatives

Forest Analysis and Inventory Branch

B.C. Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource Operations

ph: (250) 356-5959 fax: (250) 953-3838

email: Christine.Fletcher@gov.bc.ca

Mailing address: PO Box 9512, Stn. Prov. Govt.

Victoria, B.C. V8W 9C2

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: Prince George TSA - FREP reporting for CHR
Date: Monday, August 14, 2017 8:00:09 AM

Please print
Diane Nicholls

From: Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 3:32 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Subject: Prince George TSA - FREP reporting for CHR
s.16,s.17

Thank you,
Kessie.

Kessie Konwicki, P.Ag.

Land & Resources Coordinator

Major Projects Team, Omineca Region

Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations

Wood Innovation and Design Centre (WIDC)

499 George Street, Prince George

Ksenia.Konwicki@gov.bc.ca

p.778-693-3031

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: Updated PG TSA Determination Meeting Summary
Date: Monday, August 14, 2017 8:04:49 AM

Please print
Diane Nicholls

From: Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:58 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: Updated PG TSA Determination Meeting Summary

I also forgot to add that **s.13**
as to if/when it was applied in the analysis.
k.

but I need to cross-check with Kelly

Kessie Konwicki, P.Ag.
Land & Resources Coordinator

From: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:47 PM
To: Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: Updated PG TSA Determination Meeting Summary
Geesh! Maybe if we wait even longer it will all be gone....
Diane Nicholls

From: Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:38 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Brierley, Tamara FLNR:EX; Fletcher, Christine E FLNR:EX
Subject: Updated PG TSA Determination Meeting Summary
Good afternoon Diane,

Ahead of our meeting tomorrow, please see the attached Determination Meeting summary. Key updates include:

s.16,s.17

Updated items are in blue in the summary document and highlighted yellow.
Thank you,
Kessie.

Kessie Konwicki, P.Ag.
Land & Resources Coordinator

Major Projects Team, Omineca Region
Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
Wood Innovation and Design Centre (WIDC)
499 George Street, Prince George

Ksenia.Konwicki@gov.bc.ca
p.778-693-3031

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: Updated PG TSA Determination Meeting Summary
Date: Monday, August 14, 2017 8:05:08 AM
Attachments: [PG 2017 Determination meeting summary PG TSA KK ML.docx](#)

Please print with attachment
Diane Nicholls

From: Konwicki, Ksenia FLNR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:38 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Brierley, Tamara FLNR:EX; Fletcher, Christine E FLNR:EX
Subject: Updated PG TSA Determination Meeting Summary

Good afternoon Diane,

Ahead of our meeting tomorrow, please see the attached Determination Meeting summary. Key updates include:

s.16,s.17

Updated items are in blue in the summary document and highlighted yellow.

Thank you,

Kessie.

Kessie Konwicki, P.Ag.

Land & Resources Coordinator

Major Projects Team, Omineca Region

Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations

Wood Innovation and Design Centre (WIDC)

499 George Street, Prince George

Ksenia.Konwicki@gov.bc.ca

p.778-693-3031

From: Ethier, Tom FLNR-EX
To: Larkin, Brenda FLNR-EX
Subject: Re: apparel program
Date: Monday, August 14, 2017 9:57:28 AM
Attachments: image001.png

Argh

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 14, 2017, at 9:44 AM, Larkin, Brenda FLNR-EX <Brenda.Larkin@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Just a reminder for a cheque for Elizabeth.

From: Di Giorgio, Alexis FLNR-EX
Sent: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 3:39 PM
To: Ethier, Tom FLNR-EX
Cc: Larkin, Brenda FLNR-EX
Subject: Re: apparel program

Hi Tom,
Looks great. The cheque can be sent to Elizabeth Easton:

Send cheques/drafts to:
Elizabeth Easton
Resource Practices Br.
PO BOX 9513 Stn Prov Gov't
Victoria BC V8W 9C2
Thanks!
Alexis

From: Ethier, Tom FLNR-EX
Sent: July-05-17 1:02 PM
To: Di Giorgio, Alexis FLNR-EX
Cc: Larkin, Brenda FLNR-EX
Subject: apparel program

Tom Ethier	RSD/780 Blanshard	1 soft shell Jacket	\$2	1	113.05	7.91	120.96	100	20.96	will send the cheque to you for 20.96
------------	----------------------	---------------------------	-----	---	--------	------	--------	-----	-------	---------------------------------------

Hi Alexis, I hope I have done this correctly?

Tom Ethier
Assistant Deputy Minister
Resource Stewardship Division
Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource Operations

From: [Jupp, Sandra FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Maloughney, Mary Sue MMHA:EX](#)
Subject: FW: 230177
Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 3:19:55 PM
Attachments: [230177 - Ministers Carr and Goodale Letter v2.docx](#)
Importance: High

Correspondence is asking the status of this one. Any update I can provide them with?

Thanks,

Sandra Jupp

Executive Assistant to Mary Sue Maloughney, ADM

Phone: (250) 356-1874

From: Donison, Sonia FLNR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 3:19 PM
To: Jupp, Sandra FLNR:EX
Cc: Correspondence Serv. Sectn, FLNR:EX
Subject: 230177
Importance: High

Hey Sandra! I know Sarah, has been following up on this as well, but any status on 230177, letter to Federal Minister's Carr and Goodale. Believe Tim and Mary Sue were also discussing this one? I believe the attached is the latest version

Thank you—Di Bohja!

Sonia Donison

Manager

Correspondence Services

250 356-9638

From: [Jupp, Sandra FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Maloughney, Mary Sue MMHA:EX](#)
Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:03:31 PM
Attachments: [image001.png](#)

The Hiring Manager just sent me a message saying Dave Petersen would like to send out the competition announcement once they get the green light (tomorrow). If you want to send your own message, they were hoping we could coordinate them going out around the same time.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, and let her know what your plan was 😊



Sandra Jupp

Executive Assistant to Mary Sue Maloughney, ADM

Integrated Resource Operations Division

Phone (250) 356-1874 | Cell (250) 888-2587

Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development

From: [Jupp, Sandra FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Maloughney, Mary Sue MMHA:EX](#); [Maley, Madeline L EMBC:EX](#)
Subject: RE: Canada BC Wildfire Response Agreement
Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 10:31:21 AM

Mary Sue – you asked me to BF this to the middle of August ☺

From: Maloughney, Mary Sue FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 1:27 PM
To: Maley, Madeline L FLNR:EX
Cc: Jupp, Sandra FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: Canada BC Wildfire Response Agreement

You will need to get someone to do an analysis on this based on our experience this season (we covered some of them in that mtg with feds and MARR and EMBC- we should have the key points we need to work on/discuss with feds and FNESS bf all chiefs in the fall.

From: Nash, Laurel ABR:EX
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 3:31 PM
To: Duffy, Chris D TRAN:EX; Mohrmann, Ralph TRAN:EX; Turner, Robert TRAN:EX; Cox, Monica TRAN:EX; Maloughney, Mary Sue FLNR:EX
Cc: Mah-Paulson, May ABR:EX
Subject: Fw: Canada BC Wildfire Response Agreement

Hi folks. Happy to facilitate if you desire. If not I will leave it to you and your teams to work through this.

Please advise.

Laurel Nash

Assistant Deputy Minister

Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives Division

Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

250 953 4004

250 508 1670

From: Mah-Paulson, May ABR:EX <May.Mah-Paulson@gov.bc.ca>
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 2:56 PM
To: Nash, Laurel ABR:EX
Subject: FW: Canada BC Wildfire Response Agreement
Includes input from Sandra Tanaka.

Hi Laurel.

May and I have reviewed and discussed the agreement, which is strictly service in nature between BCWS and Canada and s.13

s.13

With respect to the fire prevention and suppression question, BCWS is developing a process and examining whether it is possible to add standing offer contracts with communities and allow those communities with standing contracts to provide services to other communities, which I would recommend they develop in collaboration with EMBC.

Further to that end, for better integration generally, I'd recommend that a forum or protocol be established between BCWS and EMBC for trouble-shooting and resolving these types of procedural issues. MIRR could potentially stand-in as a facilitator. This x-agency forum could essentially be filled by one appropriate representative from each agency. Sandra Tanaka at EMBC suggested that you bring that forum or protocol to the 3pm ADMs call as a recommended short-term solution to any FN/wildfire oriented challenges.

Longer term, there are opportunities for BCWS and EMBC, and other emergency agencies to better integrate with respect to First Nations engagement. Initial conversations to explore this concept occurred this spring between MARR, EMBC, BCWS and MOE with a commitment to circle back to the ADMs Emergency Management Committee to propose the development of a First Nation Emergency Management Working Group, where a x-agency team could explore the development of protocols for better integration on resources and the four pillars of emergency management. This initiative is on-hold until the Provincial State-of-Emergency expires. Will need to identify a lead to be accountable for, and to convene this x-agency team.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need more clarity.

Thanks!

RYAN JORDAN

Assistant Negotiator | Critical Incidents and Emergency Management Branch
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

Ph: 250-356-9691 | Cell: 778-679-0077

From: Nash, Laurel ABR:EX

Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 10:04 AM

To: Jordan, Ryan J ABR:EX; Mah-Paulson, May ABR:EX; Cox, Monica TRAN:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX; Leinweber, Rachelle R ABR:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX

Subject: Fw: Canada BC Wildfire Response Agreement

FYI. May and Ryan please have a review of this on Monday to see where there are opportunities for better integration between Wildfire and EMBC. Might also help with the current question on fire prevention and suppression that we can't seem to find a satisfactory answer to...or it may not.

Monica we can then let you and Wildfire know our thoughts on this and determine what actions may be helpful to clarify and better integrate how we continue to implement the agreements.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns with this approach.

Rachelle would you please print for me Monday?

Thanks everyone.

Laurel Nash

Assistant Deputy Minister

Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives Division

Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

250 953 4004

250 508 1670

From: Ferbey, Stasia ABR:EX <Stasia.Ferbey@gov.bc.ca>

Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 10:03 AM

To: Nash, Laurel ABR:EX

Cc: ABR Critical Incidents and Emergency Management Branch

Subject: Canada BC Wildfire Response Agreement

Hi Laurel,

I assume you already have this but just in case, I was able to get a copy of the Wildfire Response Agreement from Nic Basque (INAC).

I am also looking into which communities have Standing Offers with BCWS to fight wildfires. I will send another email with that info a little later today.

Cheers,

Stasia

Stasia Ferbey, B.Sc.

Analyst | Critical Incidents and Emergency Management Branch

Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

Office: 250.953.3099 | Cell: 250.886.2598

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: Your call number for heli tour in Fort St. John
Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:35:01 AM

Don't have one as far as I know
Diane Nicholls

From: Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:23 AM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Subject: Your call number for heli tour in Fort St. John
Hi Diane. What is your call number for flight tours?
Shannon

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Berg, Shane FLNR:EX](#); [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: Blue pannel review BN for TS_V3 Aug 2017
Date: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 3:53:09 PM
Attachments: [Blue pannel review BN for TS_V3 Aug 2017.docx](#)
Importance: High

Shane,

Finally got to this... I like the options, I think we can add into the mix the need for best information moving into not only an ongoing sawlog inventory, but also a fibre inventory and carbon inventory system needs (last two linked to new mandate items)

I also think we need to have this broaden to include or have a secondary process to be reviewing how and what we include into modelling assumptions, and modelling....with the aim to ensure a third party supports how we model TSR and that we are using the best model technology, etc....

I am open to a conversation on the last thought.

Diane

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: BANK OF MONTREAL s.17 03JUL17 \$2,597.29
Date: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:07:45 PM
Attachments: s.17 [03JUL17.xlsx](#)
[Electronic ticket receipt June 05 for MS DIANE NICHOLLS \(3\).pdf](#)
[Receipts from July 3 Statement PSW & Padded envelope.pdf](#)
[Statement July 3rd 2017.pdf](#)
[COASTTS04-429016187317708.pdf](#)
[Hotel 540 deposit for CFLT event.pdf](#)
[Invoice 2946867 June 2017.pdf](#)
[June 2017 CCIPB.pdf](#)
[June 2017 OCF.pdf](#)
[Thank you for choosing to take off with Helijet!.msg](#)
[Meggin Messenger.pdf](#)

approved
Diane Nicholls

From: Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:03 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: s.17 03JUL17 \$2,597.29

Hi Diane. Please forward this back to me with your approval for submission. I have been waiting for the WestJet receipts, but they are taking too long and the charge was cancelled anyway so I am submitting without them.

Thank you!
Shannon

From: CSNR OCFD Accounts Payable FLNR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 11:34 AM
To: Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Subject: s.17 03JUL17 \$2,597.29

Your statement information (including transaction dates, suppliers names and costs) have been downloaded into the attached purchasing card register totalling \$2,597.29. **NOTE: SPLIT CODING REGISTERS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.**

To help ensure that monthly reconciliations are processed on a timely basis we ask that your Purchase Card Register and all supporting documents are sent by the 20th of each month.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FORWARDING YOUR REGISTER PACKAGE:

STEP 1: FORWARD this email using the forward button. (You can then open, edit and save changes to your register as part of an email draft before sending.)

STEP 2: As the Qualified Receiver (QR), OPEN your register and complete the transaction details, including descriptions, account coding, taxes and lost receipt forms. SAVE to the email draft.

STEP 3: SCAN/ATTACH all receipts and other approval forms to complete your register package. SAVE the email draft.

As QR, by forwarding this email with a completed register and receipts to your Expense Authority (EA) for approval, you certify that goods and services have been received and all conditions have been met.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO CARD HOLDER:

Obtaining Expense Authority approval(s): Forward your complete register package to your EA(s), requesting that it is reviewed and ***forwarded*** back to you with their approval(s). Please ensure you follow-up with your EA(s) if there are any delays in approving the register package.

As the Card Holder, you will then forward the register, complete with the approval(s), directly to CSNROCFDAccountsPayable@gov.bc.ca.

From: [Jupp, Sandra FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Maloughney, Mary Sue MMHA:EX](#)
Subject: FW: FOR APPROVAL: 230328 Minister Response: Smoke masks needed for our Forest Fire Fighters
Date: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 11:31:24 AM
Attachments: [image001.png](#)
[image003.png](#)
[image004.png](#)
[image005.png](#)
[image006.jpg](#)
[image007.png](#)

Do you think Tim will be happy with this response?
S.

From: Lloyd, Clair FLNR:EX
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:58 AM
To: Jupp, Sandra FLNR:EX
Cc: Maley, Madeline L FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: FOR APPROVAL: 230328 Minister Response: Smoke masks needed for our Forest Fire Fighters

Hi Sandra,

Think this could be difficult to state as evidence to date is only anecdotal. Further, inhaling smoke is also likely to create respiratory hardship...

The first paragraph speaks to this idea in more general terms. Hopefully, this will suffice.

Personal protective equipment is not required for wood smoke inhalation in the quantities normally encountered by BC Wildfire Service personnel, as per current WorkSafeBC regulation. Furthermore, there is no mask currently available that will fully protect wildland firefighters while still allowing them to perform their role comfortably and effectively

Thanks,

Clair

Clair Lloyd

Issues Manager

BC Wildfire Service | Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development

Phone: 250 387-8707 | Cell: 250 812-6419

Report Wildfires: 1 800 663-5555 or *5555



From: Jupp, Sandra FLNR:EX
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 11:54 AM
To: Lloyd, Clair FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: FOR APPROVAL: 230328 Minister Response: Smoke masks needed for our Forest Fire Fighters

Hi Clair,

This is waiting for an update from BCWS. Something about adding something around potential for greater respiratory hardship. Can this be done ASAP?

Thanks,

Sandra Jupp

Executive Assistant to Mary Sue Maloughney, ADM

Phone: (250) 356-1874

From: Maloughney, Mary Sue FLNR:EX
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 10:58 AM
To: Jupp, Sandra FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: FOR APPROVAL: 230328 Minister Response: Smoke masks needed for our Forest Fire Fighters

Did we get this revised??

From: Sheldon, Tim FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:43 PM
To: Tate, Nancy FLNR:EX
Cc: Maloughney, Mary Sue FLNR:EX
Subject: Re: FOR APPROVAL: 230328 Minister Response: Smoke masks needed for our Forest Fire Fighters
I think it's relevant since it was recently in the media and it more fully addresses this persons question. So yes. Thx.

Sent from Tim Sheldon's iPhone

On Aug 10, 2017, at 11:04 AM, Tate, Nancy FLNR:EX <Nancy.Tates@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

From your perspective is this critical for the letter at this time or could we go ahead with what we have in the interests of expediency?
NDT

From: Sheldon, Tim FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:00 AM
To: Tate, Nancy FLNR:EX
Cc: Maloughney, Mary Sue FLNR:EX
Subject: Re: FOR APPROVAL: 230328 Minister Response: Smoke masks needed for our Forest Fire Fighters
Should we say something about masks causing the wearer to breathe more heavily, and thus actually inhale more particulates. This is a medical concern that I noticed a media piece on a few days ago.

Sent from Tim Sheldon's iPhone

On Aug 10, 2017, at 9:53 AM, Tate, Nancy FLNR:EX
<Nancy.Tates@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Tim, please review and advise if you approve. (*Note: I've asked that the spelling of 'recognise' be changed to Canadian spelling 'recognize'. I knew you would notice ☺*)

From: Correspondence Serv. Sectn, FLNR:EX
Sent: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:48 PM
To: Tate, Nancy FLNR:EX
Subject: 230328 Minister Response: Smoke masks needed for our Forest Fire Fighters

Hi Nancy,

Attached incoming and draft response for Tim's approval. Madeline Maley and Mary Sue have approved.

Thanks,

Ryan Munroe

A/ Senior Correspondence Analyst, Correspondence Services
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Ryan.Munroe@gov.bc.ca | 250-387-1850

<230328 - v2.docx>

From: [Jupp, Sandra FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Maloughney, Mary Sue MMHA:EX](#)
Subject: Laundry List
Date: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 9:43:44 AM
Attachments: [image002.png](#)

Mary Sue,

s.22 here is a list of items that are "outstanding":

MCCF – Corporate Wildfire Services

Wildfire Response Agreement – asked me to BF mid-August

Ministers Carr/Goodale Letter (#230177)

Minister Sohi Letter

Smoke masks response letter (#230328)

Meritorious Service DN (NRS306)

Mr. Kelly and Safe Guard response letter (#230379)

EAA position – meet s.22

s.22 or get Tania/Andy to post competition)

Hope I haven't forgotten anything. I've sent Andy his as well ☺



Sandra Jupp

Executive Assistant to Mary Sue Maloughney, ADM

Integrated Resource Operations Division

Phone (250) 356-1874 | Cell (250) 888-2587

Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development

From: [Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: QUESTION: Minister's Roundtable -- ADM due date: August 17
Date: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:11:00 PM

No I don't think so.

From: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:40 PM
To: Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX
Subject: QUESTION: Minister's Roundtable -- ADM due date: August 17
Tom, heads up. Did you want this to be on Minister's roundtable?
Brenda

From: Mlinar, Shannon C FLNR:EX
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:16 PM
To: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: Minister's Roundtable -- ADM due date: August 17
Hi Brenda,

Allan mentioned to me this morning about possibly putting forward NOGO MAMU as an item for the roundtable but he wanted to confirm with Tom when he sees him tomorrow

I am away for the remainder of the week after today so I thought I would flag this

Shannon Mlinar

(250) 356-1113

From: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 2:44 PM
To: White, Norah FLNR:EX; Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX; Hamilton, Chris FLNR:EX; Lidstone, Allan B FLNR:EX; Psyllakis, Jennifer FLNR:EX; Richter, Mindy S FLNR:EX; Thomas, Keith D FLNR:EX; Trotter, Ward FLNR:EX; White, Ted T FLNR:EX
Cc: Di Georgio, Alexis FLNR:EX; Lechelt, Christine FLNR:EX; McNeill, Diana A FLNR:EX; Mlinar, Shannon C FLNR:EX; Siperka, Linda FLNR:EX; Foran, Margo FLNR:EX
Subject: Minister's Roundtable -- ADM due date: August 17
Good Afternoon,

Our first roundtable with Minister Donaldson has been scheduled for August 23rd. Can you please let me know if there are any high priority items that need to be brought to the Minister's attention.

Please send me the agenda topic as soon as possible so that I can put a place holder on the agenda because as you can imagine this agenda will most likely be full. Agenda items will be allotted 10 minutes. If you feel more time is required, please advise.

Please use the attached template and provide any material to me by August 17th at 3pm. Also please include the name of staff to support the item.

Any questions/concerns, please let me know.

Thank you

Brenda Larkin

Executive Administrative Assistant

Resource Stewardship Division

Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development

780 Blanshard Street, Victoria

Ph: 250.356.0972

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#) on behalf of [Bijimine, Serge \(EC\)](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#); [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#); [Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX](#); [Perkins, Vanessa \(EC\)](#); [Lindberg, Jeff \(EC\)](#); [Gaudet, Martin \(NRCan/RNCAN\)](#); [Lemprière, Tony \(NRCan/RNCAN\)](#); [Laaksonen-Craig, Susanna ENV:EX](#); [Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX](#); [MacLaren, Les MEM:EX](#); [Bowman, Deborah TRAN:EX](#)
Subject: Fwd: Breakfast - Fire & Water Fish and Chop House

Sent from my iPhone
Diane Nicholls

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bijimine, Serge (EC)" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:serge.bijimine@canada.ca" serge.bijimine@canada.ca](mailto:serge.bijimine@canada.ca)>
To: "Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca" Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca)>, "Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:Tim.Lesiuk@gov.bc.ca" Tim.Lesiuk@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Tim.Lesiuk@gov.bc.ca)>
Subject: FW: Breakfast - Fire & Water Fish and Chop House

Optional breakfast if you can make it. FYI – Susanna has accepted the invitation to attend.

If you need further information, please contact me, [HYPERLINK "mailto:Shannon.L.Ireland@gov.bc.ca"](mailto:Shannon.L.Ireland@gov.bc.ca)
Shannon.L.Ireland@gov.bc.ca<<mailto:Shannon.L.Ireland@gov.bc.ca>>

-----Original Appointment-----

From: Bijimine, Serge (EC) [<mailto:serge.bijimine@canada.ca>]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:53 AM
To: Bijimine, Serge (EC); Perkins, Vanessa (EC); Lindberg, Jeff (EC); Gaudet, Martin (NRCan/RNCAN); Lemprière, Tony (NRCan/RNCAN); Laaksonen-Craig, Susanna ENV:EX; Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX; MacLaren, Les MEM:EX; Bowman, Deborah TRAN:EX
Subject: Breakfast - Fire & Water Fish and Chop House
When: Monday, August 21, 2017 7:30 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).
Where: Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour, 728 Humboldt St, Victoria, BC V8W 3Z5

Reservations will be under the name Serge.

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#) on behalf of [Laaksonen-Craig, Susanna ENV:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#); ["Bijimine, Serge \(EC\)"](#); ["Lindberg, Jeff \(EC\)"](#); [Periard, Nadine \(EC\)](#); [Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX](#); [Bowman, Deborah TRAN:EX](#); [MacLaren, Les MEM:EX](#); [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#); [Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX](#)
Cc: [Gaudet, Martin \(NRCan/RNCAN\)](#); [Perkins, Vanessa \(EC\)](#); [Phillips3, Ryan \(INFC\)](#); [Lemprière, Tony \(NRCan/RNCAN\)](#); [Rene de Cotret, Lisa \(INFC\)](#); [Noseworthy, Andrew \(ACOA/APECA\)](#); [Landry, Eric \(INFC\)](#)
Subject: Fwd: LCEF Leadership Fund

Sent from my iPhone
Diane Nicholls

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Laaksonen-Craig, Susanna ENV:EX" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:Susanna.LaaksonenCraig@gov.bc.ca" Susanna.LaaksonenCraig@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Susanna.LaaksonenCraig@gov.bc.ca)>
To: "Bijimine, Serge (EC)" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:serge.bijimine@canada.ca" serge.bijimine@canada.ca](mailto:serge.bijimine@canada.ca)>, "Lindberg, Jeff (EC)" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:jeff.lindberg@canada.ca" jeff.lindberg@canada.ca](mailto:jeff.lindberg@canada.ca)>, "Periard, Nadine (EC)" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:nadine.periard@canada.ca" nadine.periard@canada.ca](mailto:nadine.periard@canada.ca)>, "Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:Bobbi.Plecas@gov.bc.ca" Bobbi.Plecas@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Bobbi.Plecas@gov.bc.ca)>, "Bowman, Deborah TRAN:EX" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:Deborah.Bowman@gov.bc.ca" Deborah.Bowman@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Deborah.Bowman@gov.bc.ca)>, "MacLaren, Les MEM:EX" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:Les.MacLaren@gov.bc.ca" Les.MacLaren@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Les.MacLaren@gov.bc.ca)>, "Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca" Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca)>, "Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:Tim.Lesiuk@gov.bc.ca" Tim.Lesiuk@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Tim.Lesiuk@gov.bc.ca)>
Cc: "Gaudet, Martin (NRCan/RNCAN)" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:martin.gaudet@canada.ca" martin.gaudet@canada.ca](mailto:martin.gaudet@canada.ca)>, "Perkins, Vanessa (EC)" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:vanessa.perkins@canada.ca" vanessa.perkins@canada.ca](mailto:vanessa.perkins@canada.ca)>, "Phillips3, Ryan (INFC)" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:ryan.phillips3@canada.ca" ryan.phillips3@canada.ca](mailto:ryan.phillips3@canada.ca)>, "Lemprière, Tony (NRCan/RNCAN)" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:tony.lempriere@canada.ca" tony.lempriere@canada.ca](mailto:tony.lempriere@canada.ca)>, "Rene de Cotret, Lisa (INFC)" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:lisa.renedecotret@canada.ca" lisa.renedecotret@canada.ca](mailto:lisa.renedecotret@canada.ca)>, "Noseworthy, Andrew (ACOA/APECA)" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:andrew.noseworthy@canada.ca" andrew.noseworthy@canada.ca](mailto:andrew.noseworthy@canada.ca)>, "Landry, Eric (INFC)" <[HYPERLINK "mailto:eric.landry@canada.ca" eric.landry@canada.ca](mailto:eric.landry@canada.ca)>
Subject: LCEF Leadership Fund

- Please check in with the Commissionaire on arrival.

Aug 17th - New Info:

- Please also note: the conference line is only for Environment Canada staff that will not be attending the meeting in person.
- Lunch will be provided in the boardroom for everyone attending in person.

For assistance, please contact my assistant [HYPERLINK "mailto:Shannon.L.Ireland@gov.bc.ca" Shannon.L.Ireland@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shannon.L.Ireland@gov.bc.ca)<<mailto:Shannon.L.Ireland@gov.bc.ca>>

Susanna Laaksonen-Craig
ADM, Climate Action Secretariat
Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: Fwd: LCEF
Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017 2:34:50 PM

Sent from my iPhone
Diane Nicholls

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Laaksonen-Craig, Susanna ENV:EX"
<Susanna.LaaksonenCraig@gov.bc.ca>
Date: August 17, 2017 at 1:43:06 PM PDT
To: "Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX" <Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: "Messenger, Meggin A FLNR:EX" <Meggin.Messenger@gov.bc.ca>, "Ireland, Shannon L ENV:EX" <Shannon.L.Ireland@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: LCEF

Hi,
s.22 – ECCC had sent a note to me on Sunday telling that they expected to have a 5-10 minute presentation per project. So, I think we have all the info we need for Monday if you have sent the slides to Ben/Neil but you will now also receive an invite. The invite is for a whole day as I cannot right now tell what time FCI would come up. We will have flexibility re: the order so do let me know if there are times that absolutely don't work for you.
We'll worry about the next steps after the meeting, especially since MGH will only this afternoon provide his feedback re the projects.

Thanks,

Susanna

Susanna Laaksonen-Craig, PhD

ADM, Climate Action Secretariat

Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy

NEW Phone number: 778 698-4833

From: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 10:56 AM
To: Laaksonen-Craig, Susanna ENV:EX
Cc: Messenger, Meggin A FLNR:EX
Subject: LCEF

Importance: High

Hi Susanna,

I have been hearing different information floating around this fund. Hoping you can clarify the following:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->1. <!--[endif]-->Meeting Monday with Federal Government – is it just Bobbi and yourself meeting with them on behalf of BC submission or

are you expecting ADMs (me) to come into the meeting for FLNR portion
<!--[if !supportLists]-->2. <!--[endif]-->Do you have all the information you need
from us at this time
<!--[if !supportLists]-->3. <!--[endif]-->With respect to the release of the
methodology and application for the LCEF, do you need more information from
us and to what level of detail and by when for the submission
<!--[if !supportLists]-->4. <!--[endif]-->Does CAS have (or going to get) Cabinet
approval, if so when as I need to brief my minister on our portion of the
submission for LCEF – and I need timelines so ensure He is fully informed
<!--[if !supportLists]-->5. <!--[endif]-->Anything more FLNR needs to consider and
do from CAS perspective

A lot of our staff are away on vacation so we may have difficulty turning information
around quickly, there for the more clarity around needs and timelines for those needs,
the better

Diane R. Nicholls, RPF

ADM Chief Forester

MFLNR

250-387-1544

Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca

From: [Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: Cell Phone - Chris Hamilton
Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:12:00 PM

k

From: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:49 AM
To: Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX
Subject: Cell Phone - Chris Hamilton

Tom, a new phone has been ordered for Chris Hamilton as he dropped his phone and the glass was severely damaged. There is no cost for the new phone.

Brenda Larkin

Executive Administrative Assistant
Resource Stewardship Division
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
780 Blanshard Street, Victoria
Ph: 250.356.0972

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: Re: LCEF
Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:00:15 PM

I think so....

Sent from my iPhone
Diane Nicholls

On Aug 17, 2017, at 2:32 PM, Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX <Shannon.Pike@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Hi. Will you be going to the breakfast as well? Susanna is going, but it is optional.
Shannon

From: Ireland, Shannon L ENV:EX
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 2:26 PM
To: Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: LCEF

From: Laaksonen-Craig, Susanna ENV:EX
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 1:43 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Messenger, Meggin A FLNR:EX; Ireland, Shannon L ENV:EX
Subject: RE: LCEF

Hi,
s.22 – ECCC had sent a note to me on Sunday telling that they expected to have a 5-10 minute presentation per project. So, I think we have all the info we need for Monday if you have sent the slides to Ben/Neil but you will now also receive an invite. The invite is for a whole day as I cannot right now tell what time FCI would come up. We will have flexibility re: the order so do let me know if there are times that absolutely don't work for you.
We'll worry about the next steps after the meeting, especially since MGH will only this afternoon provide his feedback re the projects.

Thanks,

Susanna

Susanna Laaksonen-Craig, PhD

ADM, Climate Action Secretariat

Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy

NEW Phone number: 778 698-4833

From: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 10:56 AM
To: Laaksonen-Craig, Susanna ENV:EX
Cc: Messenger, Meggin A FLNR:EX
Subject: LCEF

Importance: High

Hi Susanna,

I have been hearing different information floating around this fund. Hoping you can

clarify the following:

- <!--[if !supportLists]-->1. <!--[endif]-->Meeting Monday with Federal Government – is it just Bobbi and yourself meeting with them on behalf of BC submission or are you expecting ADMs (me) to come into the meeting for FLNR portion
- <!--[if !supportLists]-->2. <!--[endif]-->Do you have all the information you need from us at this time
- <!--[if !supportLists]-->3. <!--[endif]-->With respect to the release of the methodology and application for the LCEF, do you need more information from us and to what level of detail and by when for the submission
- <!--[if !supportLists]-->4. <!--[endif]-->Does CAS have (or going to get) Cabinet approval, if so when as I need to brief my minister on our portion of the submission for LCEF – and I need timelines so ensure He is fully informed
- <!--[if !supportLists]-->5. <!--[endif]-->Anything more FLNR needs to consider and do from CAS perspective

A lot of our staff are away on vacation so we may have difficulty turning information around quickly, there for the more clarity around needs and timelines for those needs, the better

Diane R. Nicholls, RPF

ADM Chief Forester

MFLNR

250-387-1544

Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: Re: Tim was just here looking for you.
Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017 2:42:08 PM

I can slide in there in 10 min if he is free - just need to reference a map for him

Sent from my iPhone
Diane Nicholls

On Aug 17, 2017, at 2:40 PM, Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX <Shannon.Pike@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Tomorrow doesn't look good in his calendar. He can call your cell this afternoon.
Anytime okay?
S.

From: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 2:36 PM
To: Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Subject: Re: Tim was just here looking for you.

No
It was not urgent but something he needs to know
Any chance to get 15 min with him tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone
Diane Nicholls

On Aug 17, 2017, at 1:56 PM, Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX <Shannon.Pike@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Do you need to speak to Tim? He said there was something possibly urgent that you wanted to see him about this morning. Shall I ask him to call your cell?
Shannon

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Morgan, Dale IRR:EX](#); [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: Visiting the Peace
Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:14:39 AM
Importance: High

Hi Dale,

I am coming up to view Ft. St. John TSA and will ask Shannon to see if I have the time to meet up for a dinner as it would be good to connect if possible

Diane Nicholls

From: Morgan, Dale ABR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 4:04 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Subject: Visiting the Peace

Hi Diane

Hope all is well. I was talking to some of the Dawson Creek FLNRO staff and they told me you are scheduled to come take a tour of the FSJ TSA in the near future. If you are spending a couple of days and have time we should have dinner.

Let me know if that works for you.

Cheers

Dale Morgan, Regional Manager, Northeast, MIRR

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: 230534 Cranbrook TSA Information Note
Date: Friday, August 18, 2017 9:42:57 AM
Attachments: [230534 Cranbrook TSA Information Note.docx](#)

One question on this
Diane

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: Timber Supply Impacts Related to Wildfires
Date: Friday, August 18, 2017 12:24:57 PM

Cant remember if I sent this to you or if we have one set up? If not please do so :)

Diane Nicholls

-----Original Message-----

From: Jeff Mycock [<mailto:Jeff.Mycock@westfraser.com>]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 2:47 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Berg, Shane FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: Timber Supply Impacts Related to Wildfires

Hi Diane,

Would it be possible to arrange a short call (20-30 min) with Larry and myself sometime between now and the end of the day on the 15th? Or, on the 22, 24th of August?

We would like to follow up on the timber supply topic a little further.

Thank you,

Jeff Mycock, RPF
Chief Forester, BC
West Fraser Mills Ltd.
1250 Brownmiller Road
Quesnel, BC V2J 6P5
Direct: 250-991-5382
Mobile: 250-255-1574

-----Original Message-----

From: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX [<mailto:Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca>]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2017 4:22 PM
To: Jeff Mycock <Jeff.Mycock@westfraser.com>
Cc: Berg, Shane FLNR:EX <Shane.Berg@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Timber Supply Impacts Related to Wildfires

Hi Jeff

Great minds think alike- I asked

FAIB a few weeks back to start the tracking- we know rough numbers as best we can without fly overs and surveys and knowing what may be salvageable- we will have better numbers by September

I also asked silviculture group to be thinking about wildfire reforestation across the landscape rather than block by block so the best areas are planted first rather than based on most current harvest - we are thinking about this so more to come Diane

Sent from my iPhone
Diane Nicholls

On Aug 3, 2017, at 3:18 PM, Jeff Mycock <Jeff.Mycock@westfraser.com<<mailto:Jeff.Mycock@westfraser.com>>>>
wrote:

Page 46

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.17

From: [Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: Fwd: Professional Reliance Review: Draft Overview and NR
Date: Friday, August 18, 2017 1:03:22 PM

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Sheldan, Tim FLNR:EX" <Tim.Sheldan@gov.bc.ca>
Date: August 15, 2017 at 3:39:58 PM PDT
To: "Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX" <Tom.Ethier@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: "Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX" <Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca>, "Jones, Lisa FLNR:EX" <Lisa.Jones@gov.bc.ca>, "Tates, Nancy FLNR:EX" <Nancy.Tates@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Professional Reliance Review: Draft Overview and NR

s.13

Sent from Tim Sheldan's iPhone

On Aug 15, 2017, at 1:20 PM, Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX <Tom.Ethier@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

s.13

From: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 11:01 AM

To: Sheldon, Tim FLNR:EX; Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX
Cc: Jones, Lisa FLNR:EX; Bates, Nancy FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: Professional Reliance Review: Draft Overview and NR
Tim,
s.13

Diane Nicholls

From: Sheldon, Tim FLNR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 10:31 AM
To: Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX; Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Jones, Lisa FLNR:EX; Bates, Nancy FLNR:EX
Subject: Fwd: Professional Reliance Review: Draft Overview and NR
Hi. Which of you is best positioned to be our point person on this? Tom,
up to now, it's been you but I believe that you've consulted with Diane.

Sent from Tim Sheldon's iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Zacharias, Mark ENV:EX"
<Mark.Zacharias@gov.bc.ca>
Date: August 15, 2017 at 8:48:05 AM PDT
To: "Sheldon, Tim FLNR:EX" <Tim.Sheldon@gov.bc.ca>, "Jeakins, Paul OGC:IN" <Paul.Jeakins@bcogc.ca>, "Nikolejsin, Dave MNGD:EX" <Dave.Nikolejsin@gov.bc.ca>, "Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX" <Bobbi.Plecas@gov.bc.ca>, "Jardine, Kevin EAO:EX" <Kevin.Jardine@gov.bc.ca>, "Main, Grant TRAN:EX" <Grant.Main@gov.bc.ca>, "Shoemaker, Wes AGRI:EX" <Wes.Shoemaker@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: "Baskerville, Shannon AVED:EX" <Shannon.Baskerville@gov.bc.ca>, "McGuire, Jennifer ENV:EX" <Jennifer.Mcguire@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Professional Reliance Review: Draft Overview and NR

Good morning:

Our Minister – as part of the Confidence and Supply Agreement – would like to announce a review of Professional Reliance next Wednesday and we're holding this time in the corporate calendar. I've attached a draft NR and project outline, which are broadly consistent with what was proposed in the transition note provided to the incoming government.

If you can provide me the name of one of your ADMs for Jennifer McGuire to work with ASAP she will start her outreach today. We will be bringing a detailed project plan up to the NR Board and ELUC in September that Jennifer will have run through ADMs.

Regards,

Mark Zacharias | Deputy Minister, Environment

BC Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy

5th Floor, 2975 Jutland Road | Victoria, BC | V8W 9M1 | 778-698-4908 | 250.415.6466

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: presentation
Date: Friday, August 18, 2017 12:43:16 PM

Hi,

Can you please print the presentation for Monday for me

Diane R. Nicholls, RPF

ADM Chief Forester

MFLNR

250-387-1544

Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: 230534 Cranbrook TSA Information Note
Date: Friday, August 18, 2017 12:03:54 PM

Good to go
thjanks
Diane Nicholls

From: Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 11:57 AM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: 230534 Cranbrook TSA Information Note
See Tamara's note below. Modified note attached.
Shannon

From: Brierley, Tamara FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 11:30 AM
To: Prasad, Atmo P FLNR:EX; Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: 230534 Cranbrook TSA Information Note
Hi Shannon,

Here is the revised Information Note. I have highlighted in yellow all the areas where I added wording to address Diane's question regarding land base removals.

Thank-you,
Tamara

From: Prasad, Atmo P FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 11:01 AM
To: Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX; Brierley, Tamara FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: 230534 Cranbrook TSA Information Note
Yes, in addition to the steep slope reductions, there were reductions to the THLB due to spatial OGMA's and WHA's which were treated as forest cover constraints in the previous analysis.

From: Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 10:01 AM
To: Brierley, Tamara FLNR:EX; Prasad, Atmo P FLNR:EX
Cc: Hebden, Karen FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: 230534 Cranbrook TSA Information Note
Please see Diane's question in track changes.

Shannon

From: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 9:43 AM
To: Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Subject: 230534 Cranbrook TSA Information Note
One question on this
Diane

From: [Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: APPROVAL: 230514 - Trophy Hunt Batch Response - ADM approval
Date: Friday, August 18, 2017 3:11:00 PM

Looks good

From: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 2:19 PM
To: Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX
Subject: APPROVAL: 230514 - Trophy Hunt Batch Response - ADM approval
Tom the attached document has been reviewed by Ward and Vivian. Vivian made some changes to the document. Did you want anyone to review after you have approved?
Please advise.
Thank you
Brenda

From: Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 10:57 AM
To: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: APPROVAL: 230514 - Trophy Hunt Batch Response - ADM approval
My suggested edits in attached.
Cheers,
Vivian

From: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 10:45 AM
To: Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX
Subject: FW: APPROVAL: 230514 - Trophy Hunt Batch Response - ADM approval
Vivian, please see Ward's suggestion below. Did you want to review? Should anyone else review?
Thank you
Brenda

From: Trotter, Ward FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 10:23 AM
To: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: APPROVAL: 230514 - Trophy Hunt Batch Response - ADM approval
Brenda
I have reviewed and here is my comments. Approved. I was thinking we might want to run by Vivian as well.
ward

From: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 8:17 AM
To: Trotter, Ward FLNR:EX
Subject: APPROVAL: 230514 - Trophy Hunt Batch Response - ADM approval
Good Morning Ward, I don't usually get you to approve ADM correspondence, but would you please have a look at this. CSS wants to start a 'standard' wording response for these types of letters. Please approve.
Thank you
Brenda

From: Correspondence Serv. Sectn, FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 5:10 PM
To: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Cc: Donison, Sonia FLNR:EX; Correspondence Serv. Sectn, FLNR:EX
Subject: 230514 - Trophy Hunt Batch Response - ADM approval

Hi Brenda,

We are still logging these, but attached are some sample incomings and the FW-approved batch response for ADM approval.

If approved, CSS will apply and send as standard wording to batch members as soon as we can early next week.

Sarah

Sarah Hipkin

Senior Correspondence Analyst, Correspondence Services Section

Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development

E: FLNR.Correspondence@gov.bc.ca | Sarah.Hipkin@gov.bc.ca

T: 250-387-4875



Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail

From: [Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: CCFM call on Monday
Date: Friday, August 18, 2017 3:13:00 PM

Oh. Well inviting them would be a good idea.

From: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 2:57 PM
To: Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX
Subject: FYI: CCFM call on Monday
Purpose of Monday's call with CCFM.

From: Hughes, Kate FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 2:43 PM
To: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: CCFM call on Monday
Brenda

I've new info about Monday's meeting. In fact it is not about changes to the agenda, but about how to involve national indigenous organizations. There are differing views about which associations should be engaged with and how.

I'm looking for info to support the discussion.

Thanks,

K

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Paradine, Dennis FLNR:EX](#)
Cc: [Messenger, Meggin A FLNR:EX](#); [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: FOR REVIEW: FCI / LCEF DECK
Date: Friday, August 18, 2017 8:29:21 AM

Its fine so please forward
Diane Nicholls

From: Paradine, Dennis FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:15 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Messenger, Meggin A FLNR:EX; Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: FOR REVIEW: FCI / LCEF DECK

Hi Diane,

Here is a revised version. Let me know if there are further changes that you'd like. If not, I'll forward along to CAS.

Best,

Dennis

From: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:01 PM
To: Paradine, Dennis FLNR:EX
Cc: Messenger, Meggin A FLNR:EX; Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Subject: Re: FOR REVIEW: FCI / LCEF DECK

Hi

Can we make sure there are no acronyms in the presentation please

Sent from my iPhone
Diane Nicholls

On Aug 17, 2017, at 11:13 AM, Paradine, Dennis FLNR:EX <Dennis.Paradine@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Hi Diane,

Attached is the draft 3 slide FCI and LCEF deck prepared to support your presentation on Monday to the ECCC ADMs. Once you've reviewed and made necessary changes, please send back to me and I will then send along to Ben Finkelstein at CAS to incorporate into the broader BC package. Ben would like the materials by end of day today.

Best,

Dennis

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: Re: MLA from Powell River called
Date: Friday, August 18, 2017 3:58:28 PM

Neither

They don't deal with salvage

I suggest the RED which is either Sharon Hadway or Allan Johnrood (sp??)

Sent from my iPhone

Diane Nicholls

On Aug 18, 2017, at 3:49 PM, Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX <Shannon.Pike@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Hi Diane. MLA Nicolas Simons called earlier and wants to speak to someone regarding the possibility of salvage contracts within the Pacific TSA. He has already spoken with Derek Lefler, District Manager, South Coast. Who would be the best person to contact him regarding this? Atmo or Tim Salkeld?

Shannon

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: Timber Supply Impacts Related to Wildfires
Date: Friday, August 18, 2017 1:57:05 PM

Larry Gardiner of West Fraser

Diane Nicholls

-----Original Message-----

From: Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 1:47 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: Timber Supply Impacts Related to Wildfires

Larry who?

-----Original Message-----

From: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 12:25 PM
To: Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: Timber Supply Impacts Related to Wildfires

Cant remember if I sent this to you or if we have one set up? If not please do so :)

Diane Nicholls

-----Original Message-----

From: Jeff Mycock [<mailto:Jeff.Mycock@westfraser.com>]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 2:47 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Berg, Shane FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: Timber Supply Impacts Related to Wildfires

Hi Diane,

Would it be possible to arrange a short call (20-30 min) with Larry and myself sometime between now and the end of the day on the 15th? Or, on the 22, 24th of August?

We would like to follow up on the timber supply topic a little further.

Thank you,

Jeff Mycock, RPF
Chief Forester, BC
West Fraser Mills Ltd.
1250 Brownmiller Road
Quesnel, BC V2J 6P5
Direct: 250-991-5382
Mobile: 250-255-1574

-----Original Message-----

From: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX [<mailto:Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca>]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2017 4:22 PM

To: Jeff Mycock <Jeff.Mycock@westfraser.com>
Cc: Berg, Shane FLNR:EX <Shane.Berg@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Timber Supply Impacts Related to Wildfires

Hi Jeff

Great minds think alike- I asked

FAIB a few weeks back to start the tracking- we know rough numbers as best we can without fly overs and surveys and knowing what may be salvageable- we will have better numbers by September

I also asked silviculture group to be thinking about wildfire reforestation across the landscape rather than block by block so the best areas are planted first rather than based on most current harvest - we are thinking about this so more to come Diane

Sent from my iPhone
Diane Nicholls

s.17

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Byrnes, Wendy CSNR:EX](#)
Cc: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#); [Begon, Stacey FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: space conversation
Date: Friday, August 18, 2017 9:11:58 AM

Wendy,

Do you have time this afternoon or sometime very soon to discuss (by phone or in my office) office space – I am having little progress on securing a plan for my Divisional space needs even though I have personally gone around looking (and finding and informing other of) space that will work fine. I have an ED who has no office even though I gave folks a year notice that one was required in 780. She has been in place for 4 months and only has borrowed space currently.

I have an expanding climate group that needs cohesive space or something close to it. Half are in 1520 blanchard and the other half could fit onto the 8th floor of 727 figgard but I need that to happen.

Lisa Jones is well aware of what the OCF requires and has multiple conversations with Susan and others but still no commitments.

I just had a conversation with Duncan due to his staff encroaching into climate group space without any discussions – he is looking into this....

Through this experience I find it crazy that no one has the accountability to make space decisions and have it happen – I can only imagine what you are going through on this – thus I would like a discussion asap to get resolution. If your hands are tied, then I am willing to go to whomever (Tim?) to get resolution.

Diane

Diane R. Nicholls, RPF
ADM Chief Forester
MFLNR
250-387-1544
Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca

From: [Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: CLIFF ID 230541 - RUSH Approval (needs to go out today)
Date: Monday, August 21, 2017 11:33:00 AM

approved

From: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 11:21 AM
To: Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX
Subject: FW: CLIFF ID 230541 - RUSH Approval (needs to go out today)
Importance: High

Hi Tom,

For your rush approval please, I have been told this needs to go out today from the MO's office.

Thanks,

Shannon

From: FLNR.Correspondence@gov.bc.ca [<mailto:FLNR.Correspondence@gov.bc.ca>]

Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 10:21 AM

To: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX

Subject: CLIFF ID 230541 - RUSH Approval (needs to go out today)

Hi Brenda,

Attached are the incoming and response for 230541 for ADM rush approval - needs to go out today.

Sarah

DM-CSS Referral Slip for ID:230541

2017/08/21

<i>Log Type:</i> Letter via Email	<i>Action:</i> Draft Response	<i>Due:</i> 2017/08/31
<i>Batch:</i>	<i>Sig Level:</i> Minister	

Author Type: First Nation

Joe Alphonse, Chief
Tsilhqot'in National Government
253 - 4th Avenue North
Williams Lake, BC, V2G 4T4

Email: gcrowe@tsilhqotin.ca

Written: 2017/08/11 *Resp Type:*

Received: 2017/08/11 *File No.:*

Due: 2017/08/31 *Entered By:* shipkin

Approved: *Approved By:*

Signed: *Sign By:*

Closed:

Address To: Minister Donaldson

Issue: Hunting

Copy To:

X-Ref:

Rsp Office: RS-Fish and Wildlife

Drafter: Logan Wenham

Subject

Log Notes

2017/08/21 Received revisions, saved as v5 and send to ADM for rush review today. Needs to go out today.

2017/08/18 Revisions made back to CSS.

2017/08/18 Approved by Mike Burwash, A Director. Send to CSS.

2017/08/17 CSS received draft with signatory as Director of FW. Processed as director

signatory but wondering if this should be minister in which case will need alteration by CSS. FW to advise.

2017/08/17 ***Logan/drafter: Once this is approved and goes by email, I recommend we cc Rodger, Dan Lirette, Devon Lyons, Mike Gash and Ken Vanderburgh.***

From: [Ethier, Tom FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: Re: Tom available for prebrief ahead of the 11:15 meeting?
Date: Monday, August 21, 2017 10:36:09 AM

I don't have a meeting this morning

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 21, 2017, at 10:02 AM, Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX <Brenda.Larkin@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Are you available for this?

From: Hughes, Kate FLNR:EX

Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 9:59 AM

To: Larkin, Brenda FLNR:EX

Subject: Tom available for prebrief ahead of the 11:15 meeting?

Tom McReynolds sent the invitation.

We're waiting for confirmation. Think a prebrief ahead of the call with the federal DM would be a good idea.

Thank you!

K

Kate Hughes

A/Manager Strategic Policy and IGR

Corporate Initiatives Division

Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development

Phone: 250.356.7278 Cell: 250.213.3573

Page 64

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.17

From: [Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX](#)
To: [Pike, Shannon FLNR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: Timber Supply Impacts Related to Wildfires
Date: Friday, August 18, 2017 12:25:46 PM

Once we have it set up, please include Shane and ask correct staff to supply information in preparation

Diane Nicholls

-----Original Message-----

From: Jeff Mycock [<mailto:Jeff.Mycock@westfraser.com>]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 2:47 PM
To: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX
Cc: Berg, Shane FLNR:EX
Subject: RE: Timber Supply Impacts Related to Wildfires

Hi Diane,

Would it be possible to arrange a short call (20-30 min) with Larry and myself sometime between now and the end of the day on the 15th? Or, on the 22, 24th of August?

We would like to follow up on the timber supply topic a little further.

Thank you,

Jeff Mycock, RPF
Chief Forester, BC
West Fraser Mills Ltd.
1250 Brownmiller Road
Quesnel, BC V2J 6P5
Direct: 250-991-5382
Mobile: 250-255-1574

-----Original Message-----

From: Nicholls, Diane R FLNR:EX [<mailto:Diane.Nicholls@gov.bc.ca>]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2017 4:22 PM
To: Jeff Mycock <Jeff.Mycock@westfraser.com>
Cc: Berg, Shane FLNR:EX <Shane.Berg@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Timber Supply Impacts Related to Wildfires

Hi Jeff

Great minds think alike- I asked

FAIB a few weeks back to start the tracking- we know rough numbers as best we can without fly overs and surveys and knowing what may be salvageable- we will have better numbers by September

I also asked silviculture group to be thinking about wildfire reforestation across the landscape rather than block by block so the best areas are planted first rather than based on most current harvest - we are thinking about this so more to come Diane

Sent from my iPhone
Diane Nicholls

On Aug 3, 2017, at 3:18 PM, Jeff Mycock <Jeff.Mycock@westfraser.com<<mailto:Jeff.Mycock@westfraser.com>>>>
wrote:

Page 66

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.17