

Page 001 to/à Page 005

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.13

## McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 9, 2018 3:12 PM  
**To:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** FW: Minister's meeting / fish farms - Jan 30

Hi there,

Just an FYI.

Leanne Ritchie

Communications Manager

Government Communications and Public Engagement

Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

Office: 250 387-1204

Cell: 250 882-8232

Email: [Leanne.ritchie@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Leanne.ritchie@gov.bc.ca)

---

**From:** Grimes, Melissa IRR:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 9, 2018 3:04 PM  
**To:** Robinson, Wendy A CSNR:EX; Hunt, Karen CSNR:EX; Foxall, Dave FIN:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Ennis, Randall LASS:EX; Nelson, Greg LASS:EX  
**Cc:** Franklin, Janice IRR:EX; Puggioni, Giovanni IRR:EX  
**Subject:** Minister's meeting / fish farms - Jan 30

Hello all,

I wanted to flag the following confidential information for your awareness:

- On **January 30<sup>th</sup> at 8:30am**, a G2G2G meeting will be held at the Pan-Pacific Hotel in Vancouver in relation to the ongoing fish farm issues in the Broughton Archipelago. s.13,s.16  
s.13,s.16

s.13,s.16

Please feel free to contact me for any further information.

Warmly,

**MELISSA K. GRIMES, M.A.**

A/Assistant Negotiator | Critical Incidents and Emergency Management Branch  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

**O (250) 953-3046 | C s.17**

Page 008 to/à Page 011

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.13

Page 012

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.15;s.13;s.17

Page 013 to/à Page 030

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.13

## McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 11:03 AM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Re: messaging for next week's meeting?

I think Alex is just finishing last edits on a version of the same KMs for an external audience.

Tim Howlett  
Issues Management  
250.208.4828

On Jan 26, 2018, at 10:58 AM, McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX <[Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

I received this messaging from Alex this AM, if it's helpful.

- s.13,s.16

- 
- 

- 

- 

- 

s.13,s.16

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 10:48 AM  
**To:** Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** messaging for next week's meeting?

Hi Tim – just following up from our meeting on another item.... Any luck on getting the messaging from the MA discussion? We're all in a bit of a holding pattern on prepping the various materials until we see how the messaging frames things... Would really appreciate it if you could wrangle that out of them this morning. 😊

Thanks!  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank  
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)



## McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX

---

**From:** MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 11:58 AM  
**To:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?  
**Attachments:** CP\_FishFarms\_draft 5.docx

Changes made were only from the messaging section.

---

**From:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 11:36 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

Hi Sarah,

Yes, that's my understanding. You'd generally want to align any public communications with whatever is decided during the "communications" part of the meeting agenda.

s.13,s.16

Leanne

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 11:06 AM  
**To:** Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

Thanks for these.

s.13,s.16

Leanne, does that sound accurate based on your understanding as well?

Thx,

S.

**From:** Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 11:03 AM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Re: messaging for next week's meeting?

I think Alex is just finishing last edits on a version of the same KMs for an external audience.

Tim Howlett  
Issues Management  
250.208.4828

On Jan 26, 2018, at 10:58 AM, McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX <[Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

I received this messaging from Alex this AM, if it's helpful.

- s.13,s.16

- 

- 

- 

- 

- 

s.13,s.16

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 10:48 AM  
**To:** Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** messaging for next week's meeting?

Hi Tim – just following up from our meeting on another item.... Any luck on getting the messaging from the MA discussion? We're all in a bit of a holding pattern on prepping the various materials until we see

how the messaging frames things... Would really appreciate it if you could wrangle that out of them this morning. 😊

Thanks!  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank  
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

Page 036 to/à Page 040

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.13

## McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 2:46 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?  
**Attachments:** QA\_Fish farms.docx

ENV's QA included (track changed) here:

---

**From:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 2:15 PM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

Yes. This is the one I prepared yesterday, using Sarah's input.

brett

---

**From:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 12:23 PM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

Re-confirming: the plan is still to have one inter-ministerial Q&A document, right?

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 12:15 PM  
**To:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

Thanks for this Leanne. I am attaching for everyone's reference the draft of the QAs from our perspective, which has what you may find some useful lines related to the reconciliation process. This has gone through our program, but not DM or MO yet, so will likely have some further changes. The KMs we will obviously align with the broader ones that are being finalized.

Thx, S.

---

**From:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 11:36 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don

GCPE:EX

**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

Hi Sarah,

Yes, that's my understanding. You'd generally want to align any public communications with whatever is decided during the "communications" part of the meeting agenda.

s.13,s.16

Leanne

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX

**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 11:06 AM

**To:** Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX

**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX

**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

Thanks for these.

s.13,s.16

Leanne, does that sound accurate based on your understanding as well?

Thx,

S.

---

**From:** Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX

**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 11:03 AM

**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX

**Cc:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX

**Subject:** Re: messaging for next week's meeting?

I think Alex is just finishing last edits on a version of the same KMs for an external audience.

Tim Howlett  
Issues Management  
250.208.4828

On Jan 26, 2018, at 10:58 AM, McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX <[Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca](mailto: Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

I received this messaging from Alex this AM, if it's helpful.

- s.13,s.16

- 
- 

- 

- 

- 

s.13,s.16

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX

**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 10:48 AM

**To:** Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX

**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX

**Subject:** messaging for next week's meeting?

Hi Tim – just following up from our meeting on another item.... Any luck on getting the messaging from the MA discussion? We're all in a bit of a holding pattern on prepping the various materials until we see how the messaging frames things... Would really appreciate it if you could wrangle that out of them this morning. 😊

Thanks!

Sarah.

Sarah Plank

Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

Government Communications & Public Engagement

Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

## McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 4:13 PM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

Thanks. I will send an updated version around first thing Monday am.

brett

---

**From:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 4:06 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

The two additional q's in this doc are still draft, I'm waiting for sign off on the first from AGRI-MIN, and the second from FIN-GCPE.

A reminder that Robert Boelens is the point person from AGRI GCPE next week.

---

**From:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 2:15 PM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

Yes. This is the one I prepared yesterday, using Sarah's input.

brett

---

**From:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 12:23 PM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

Re-confirming: the plan is still to have one inter-ministerial Q&A document, right?

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 12:15 PM  
**To:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?



Thanks for this Leanne. I am attaching for everyone's reference the draft of the QAs from our perspective, which has what you may find some useful lines related to the reconciliation process. This has gone through our program, but not DM or MO yet, so will likely have some further changes. The KMs we will obviously align with the broader ones that are being finalized.

Thx, S.

---

**From:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 11:36 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

Hi Sarah,

Yes, that's my understanding. You'd generally want to align any public communications with whatever is decided during the "communications" part of the meeting agenda.

s.13,s.16

Leanne

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 11:06 AM  
**To:** Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: messaging for next week's meeting?

Thanks for these.

s.13,s.16

Leanne, does that sound accurate based on your understanding as well?

Thx,  
S.

---

**From:** Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 11:03 AM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Re: messaging for next week's meeting?

I think Alex is just finishing last edits on a version of the same KMs for an external audience.

Tim Howlett  
Issues Management  
250.208.4828

On Jan 26, 2018, at 10:58 AM, McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX <[Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

I received this messaging from Alex this AM, if it's helpful.

s.13,s.16

- 

- 

- 

- 

- 

- 

s.13,s.16

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 10:48 AM  
**To:** Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** messaging for next week's meeting?

Hi Tim – just following up from our meeting on another item.... Any luck on getting the messaging from the MA discussion? We're all in a bit of a holding pattern on prepping the various materials until we see how the messaging frames things... Would really appreciate it if you could wrangle that out of them this morning. 😊

Thanks!  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank

Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

Page 048 to/à Page 051

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.13

## McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Mack, James AGRI:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, January 26, 2018 4:21 PM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Shoemaker, Wes AGRI:EX; Hryciuk, Lorie AGRI:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Hansen, Erin AGRI:EX; Hodson, Georgina AGRI:EX  
**Subject:** Re: Q&A: G2G2G -AGRI Q's

Looks good to me

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 26, 2018, at 3:59 PM, McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX <[Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Hi,

Below is our relevant two suggested draft Q and A for the inter-ministerial Q&A document that will be used to prep Ministers' next week. The larger document is still being pulled together, and will then be circulated for approvals. (FLNRO is lead on this document). Can you please review and make any edits, etc. Caveat on the second one; this was the latest response that FIN provided to media in December. I'm circulating it with them to see if it's still accurate.

If you think there are follow-ups that are necessary, please let me know.

s.13,s.16

1.

15. s.13,s.16  
s.13,s.16

Meghan McRae  
Communications Director,  
Ministry of Agriculture  
Government Communications and Public Engagement  
P:250-952-0622

## McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:12 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zadavec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting  
**Attachments:** QA\_Fish farms\_27Jan18\_clean.docx; QA\_Fish farms\_26Jan18\_6pm.docx; CP\_FishFarms\_draft 7\_27Jan18.docx; G2G2G Statement d.2.docx; KM\_FishFarmMeeting\_DRAFT\_27Jan17.docx

Hi all – I have made some suggested edits from our end on these materials, which are with our folks for review.

I did a lot of formatting clean-up on the QA, so have attached a clean copy which may be easier to work from, provided the content changes are okay from your perspectives.

The key messages are currently in the comm plan at the end, but I would suggest we use just a Key Message document instead for simplicity's sake. I have attached one with the edits I suggested accepted. Note that I did some fairly extensive editing to try to cut them down a lot, so you may want to look at the Comm Plan for the tracked changes. There were several bullets in the messaging that would be more suitable for the QA – and they were generally addressed in the QA anyway, but not in as much detail as was in the key messaging.

Nice work Meghan on the statement – I think it looks quite good! There were a couple of minor edits, and also one to keep this process a bit more focused on the <sup>s.13,s.16</sup>

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank  
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

Page 055 to/à Page 074

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.13



## McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Sunday, January 28, 2018 10:15 AM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Re: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Thanks, s.22

On Jan 28, 2018, at 7:15 AM, McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX <[Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Here are the latest drafts for Jan 30th meeting

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** January-27-18 4:11 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi all – I have made some suggested edits from our end on these materials, which are with our folks for review.

I did a lot of formatting clean-up on the QA, so have attached a clean copy which may be easier to work from, provided the content changes are okay from your perspectives.

The key messages are currently in the comm plan at the end, but I would suggest we use just a Key Message document instead for simplicity's sake. I have attached one with the edits I suggested accepted. Note that I did some fairly extensive editing to try to cut them down a lot, so you may want to look at the Comm Plan for the tracked changes. There were several bullets in the messaging that would be more suitable for the QA – and they were generally addressed in the QA anyway, but not in as much detail as was in the key messaging.

Nice work Meghan on the statement – I think it looks quite good! There were a couple of minor edits, and also one to keep this process a bit more focused on the <sup>s.13,s.16</sup>  
s.13,s.16

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank

Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

<QA\_Fish farms\_27Jan18\_clean.docx>

<QA\_Fish farms\_26Jan18\_6pm.docx>

<CP\_FishFarms\_draft 7\_27Jan18.docx>

<G2G2G Statement d.2.docx>

<KM\_FishFarmMeeting\_DRAFT\_27Jan17.docx>

## McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 4:28 PM  
**To:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Sherlock, Stephanie GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Materials for tomorrow  
**Attachments:** KM\_FishFarmMeeting\_Jan 29 4 pm (3).docx; QA\_Fish farms\_Jan 29 4pm.docx; G2G2G Statement.docx

Here is where we stand with the materials now. Pretty-close-to-final, pending any developments coming out of the meeting tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted if things evolve tomorrow in any unexpected or new ways.

S.

Sarah Plank  
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

Page 078 to/à Page 085

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.13

## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:40 PM  
**To:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Could we all touch base with a teleconference on Friday afternoon? Brett, would your comm plan be at a state where you could walk us through it then and we can discuss any other issues we may need to hash through?

S.

---

**From:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:21 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Thanks Brett. Glad you are taking the lead. You've saved me from the doing the same ☺

s.13,s.16

We are working on a QA and KMs on this, especially around UNDRIP, and program are on stand-by to review.

Leanne

---

**From:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:04 PM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

I'm working on a comm plan specific to the Jan 30<sup>th</sup> meeting and will send it around to everyone as soon as I have program approval which should be by tomorrow afternoon.  
It will include suggested messaging for media coming out of the meeting.

Brett

---

**From:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 11:51 AM  
**To:** Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Can I suggest that if we're going to have a call, that it be done before the Ministers' pre-brief on the 23<sup>rd</sup>.

---

**From:** Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:51 AM  
**To:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Looping in Brett, since he's working on updating the comm plan. I think Alex MacDonald is the issues manager assigned to fish farms.

---

**From:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:45 AM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Good idea to chat about this...I had no idea this meeting was happening, but, yes, there it is in MGH calendar. Perhaps Tim Howlett should also be part of this? (Don, your thoughts?)

---

**From:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:33 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

I'm looping Rob in as well, as I'm on annual that week, if you're setting this up as a call, we can both dial in.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:31 AM  
**To:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Jan. 30th meeting

Hi all,

I understand there will be a big meeting between a number of First Nations from the Broughton Archipelago and all four of our ministers on Jan. 30<sup>th</sup> around the fish farm issue. Our folks are expecting a large number of attendees, protesters and media.

I feel like it would be a good idea to get together to chat about a plan for how we want to approach this from a comms side of things.... I am of course very new to the file, so will be leaning on your experience on this file!

It's coming up fast, so hoping we can do that in the next day or two?

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank

Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 1:10 PM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting  
**Attachments:** QA\_Fish farms\_draft 5.1\_vt.docx; KM\_FishFarmMeeting\_DRAFT\_29Jan17\_clean\_vt.docx

Caught a couple other typos.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 1:05 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Attached are a few minor comments from our MO in the QA, and corrections to a couple of things in the KM document.

After that, all good from MIRR.

Thanks,  
Sarah.

---

**From:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 10:26 AM  
**To:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Attached is what should be final version of QA. It is draft 5. (Will wait until this afternoon to mark in Final).

Brett

---

**From:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 9:34 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** FW: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Two updates to the Q and A from AGRI in the attached.

q9 – wording changed  
q18 – FIN has approved.



---

**From:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX

**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 8:45 AM

**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX

**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX

**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

ENV's QA re: s.13,s.16

.it is in this version.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX

**Sent:** Sunday, January 28, 2018 8:28 PM

**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX

**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX

**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi again everyone,

Feedback from our Deputy in the attached.

Let me know if you want me to make any of the changes, or if I should leave that to whoever it is that is holding the pen on the various pieces.

Thanks,  
Sarah.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX

**Sent:** Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:12 PM

**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX

**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX

**Subject:** Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi all – I have made some suggested edits from our end on these materials, which are with our folks for review.

I did a lot of formatting clean-up on the QA, so have attached a clean copy which may be easier to work from, provided the content changes are okay from your perspectives.

The key messages are currently in the comm plan at the end, but I would suggest we use just a Key Message document instead for simplicity's sake. I have attached one with the edits I suggested accepted. Note that I did some fairly extensive editing to try to cut them down a lot, so you may want to look at the Comm Plan for the tracked changes. There were several bullets in the messaging that would be more suitable for the QA – and they were generally addressed in the QA anyway, but not in as much detail as was in the key messaging.

Nice work Meghan on the statement – I think it looks quite good! There were a couple of minor edits, and also one to keep this process a bit more focused on the | s.13,s.16

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank

Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 10:26 AM  
**To:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting  
**Attachments:** QA\_Fish farms\_draft 5.docx

Attached is what should be final version of QA. It is draft 5. (Will wait until this afternoon to mark in Final).

Brett

---

**From:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 9:34 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** FW: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Two updates to the Q and A from AGRI in the attached.

q9 – wording changed  
q18 – FIN has approved.

---

**From:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 8:45 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

ENV's QA re s.13,s.16

it is in this version.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Sunday, January 28, 2018 8:28 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi again everyone,

Feedback from our Deputy in the attached.

Let me know if you want me to make any of the changes, or if I should leave that to whoever it is that is holding the pen on the various pieces.

Thanks,

Sarah.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX

**Sent:** Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:12 PM

**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX

**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX

**Subject:** Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi all – I have made some suggested edits from our end on these materials, which are with our folks for review.

I did a lot of formatting clean-up on the QA, so have attached a clean copy which may be easier to work from, provided the content changes are okay from your perspectives.

The key messages are currently in the comm plan at the end, but I would suggest we use just a Key Message document instead for simplicity's sake. I have attached one with the edits I suggested accepted. Note that I did some fairly extensive editing to try to cut them down a lot, so you may want to look at the Comm Plan for the tracked changes. There were several bullets in the messaging that would be more suitable for the QA – and they were generally addressed in the QA anyway, but not in as much detail as was in the key messaging.

Nice work Meghan on the statement – I think it looks quite good! There were a couple of minor edits, and also one to keep this process a bit more focused on the <sup>s.13,s.16</sup>

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank

Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

Government Communications & Public Engagement

Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 9:34 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** FW: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting  
**Attachments:** QA\_Fish farms\_27Jan18\_clean.docx; G2G2G Statement d.2.docx; KM\_FishFarmMeeting\_DRAFT\_27Jan17.docx

Two updates to the Q and A from AGRI in the attached.

q9 – wording changed  
q18 – FIN has approved.

---

**From:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 8:45 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

ENV's QA re s.13,s.16

.it is in this version.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Sunday, January 28, 2018 8:28 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi again everyone,

Feedback from our Deputy in the attached.

Let me know if you want me to make any of the changes, or if I should leave that to whoever it is that is holding the pen on the various pieces.

Thanks,  
Sarah.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:12 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi all – I have made some suggested edits from our end on these materials, which are with our folks for review.

I did a lot of formatting clean-up on the QA, so have attached a clean copy which may be easier to work from, provided the content changes are okay from your perspectives.

The key messages are currently in the comm plan at the end, but I would suggest we use just a Key Message document instead for simplicity's sake. I have attached one with the edits I suggested accepted. Note that I did some fairly extensive editing to try to cut them down a lot, so you may want to look at the Comm Plan for the tracked changes. There were several bullets in the messaging that would be more suitable for the QA – and they were generally addressed in the QA anyway, but not in as much detail as was in the key messaging.

Nice work Meghan on the statement – I think it looks quite good! There were a couple of minor edits, and also one to keep this process a bit more focused on the s.13,s.16

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank  
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Sunday, January 28, 2018 9:17 PM  
**To:** Mack, James AGRI:EX; Shoemaker, Wes AGRI:EX; Smith, Jessica C AGRI:EX; Beale, William AGRI:EX  
**Subject:** Fwd: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting  
**Attachments:** KM\_FishFarmMeeting\_DRAFT\_27Jan17.docx; ATT00001.htm; G2G2G Statement d.2.docx; ATT00002.htm; QA\_Fish farms\_27Jan18\_clean.docx; ATT00003.htm

Let me know if this works for all of you pls

Begin forwarded message:

**From:** "Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX" <Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca>  
**Date:** January 28, 2018 at 8:28:04 PM PST  
**To:** "Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX" <Brett.Lowther@gov.bc.ca>, "Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX" <Robert.Boelens@gov.bc.ca>, "Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX" <Tim.Howlett@gov.bc.ca>, "Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX" <Vivian.Thomas@gov.bc.ca>, "MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX" <Alex.MacDonald@gov.bc.ca>, "Crebo, David GCPE:EX" <David.Crebo@gov.bc.ca>  
**Cc:** "Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX" <Brian.Cotton@gov.bc.ca>, "Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX" <Don.Zadravec@gov.bc.ca>, "Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX" <Leanne.Ritchie@gov.bc.ca>, "Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX" <Cale.Cowan@gov.bc.ca>  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi again everyone,

Feedback from our Deputy in the attached.

Let me know if you want me to make any of the changes, or if I should leave that to whoever it is that is holding the pen on the various pieces.

Thanks,  
Sarah.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:12 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi all – I have made some suggested edits from our end on these materials, which are with our folks for review.

I did a lot of formatting clean-up on the QA, so have attached a clean copy which may be easier to work from, provided the content changes are okay from your perspectives.

The key messages are currently in the comm plan at the end, but I would suggest we use just a Key Message document instead for simplicity's sake. I have attached one with the edits I suggested

accepted. Note that I did some fairly extensive editing to try to cut them down a lot, so you may want to look at the Comm Plan for the tracked changes. There were several bullets in the messaging that would be more suitable for the QA – and they were generally addressed in the QA anyway, but not in as much detail as was in the key messaging.

Nice work Meghan on the statement – I think it looks quite good! There were a couple of minor edits, and also one to keep this process a bit more focused on the s.13,s.16

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank  
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)



**Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX**

---

**From:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Sunday, January 28, 2018 1:42 PM  
**To:** Beale, William AGRI:EX  
**Subject:** Fwd: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting  
**Attachments:** QA\_Fish farms\_27Jan18\_clean.docx; ATT00001.htm; CP\_FishFarms\_draft 7\_27Jan18.docx; ATT00002.htm; G2G2G Statement d.2.docx; ATT00003.htm; KM\_FishFarmMeeting\_DRAFT\_27Jan17.docx; ATT00004.htm

Hi Will, I'm assuming these accurately reflect agri's input, but pls let me know if anything needs adjusting

## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Sunday, January 28, 2018 7:16 AM  
**To:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Beale, William AGRI:EX  
**Subject:** Fw: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting  
**Attachments:** QA\_Fish farms\_27Jan18\_clean.docx; QA\_Fish farms\_26Jan18\_6pm.docx; CP\_FishFarms\_draft 7\_27Jan18.docx; G2G2G Statement d.2.docx; KM\_FishFarmMeeting\_DRAFT\_27Jan17.docx

Here are the latest drafts for Jan 30th meeting

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** January-27-18 4:11 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi all – I have made some suggested edits from our end on these materials, which are with our folks for review.

I did a lot of formatting clean-up on the QA, so have attached a clean copy which may be easier to work from, provided the content changes are okay from your perspectives.

The key messages are currently in the comm plan at the end, but I would suggest we use just a Key Message document instead for simplicity's sake. I have attached one with the edits I suggested accepted. Note that I did some fairly extensive editing to try to cut them down a lot, so you may want to look at the Comm Plan for the tracked changes. There were several bullets in the messaging that would be more suitable for the QA – and they were generally addressed in the QA anyway, but not in as much detail as was in the key messaging.

Nice work Meghan on the statement – I think it looks quite good! There were a couple of minor edits, and also one to keep this process a bit more focused on the <sup>s.13,s.16</sup>

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank  
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 9:29 AM  
**To:** Beale, William AGRI:EX  
**Cc:** Mack, James AGRI:EX; Shoemaker, Wes AGRI:EX; Smith, Jessica C AGRI:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting - Aqua Strategy?

Thanks Will, I'll make that change to the Q and A, and send back to MIRR. I know ENV had a couple changes to their sections too, so we should have a final version with all edits in for MLP et al today.

**From:** Beale, William AGRI:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 9:26 AM  
**To:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Mack, James AGRI:EX; Shoemaker, Wes AGRI:EX; Smith, Jessica C AGRI:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting - Aqua Strategy?

s.13,s.16

**From:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 9:06 AM  
**To:** Mack, James AGRI:EX; Shoemaker, Wes AGRI:EX; Smith, Jessica C AGRI:EX; Beale, William AGRI:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting - Aqua Strategy?

See note from MIRR DM.

s.13,s.16

1. s.13,s.16

perhaps this is closer?

---

**From:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Sunday, January 28, 2018 9:17 PM  
**To:** Mack, James AGRI:EX; Shoemaker, Wes AGRI:EX; Smith, Jessica C AGRI:EX; Beale, William AGRI:EX  
**Subject:** Fwd: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Let me know if this works for all of you pls

Begin forwarded message:

**From:** "Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX" <Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca>  
**Date:** January 28, 2018 at 8:28:04 PM PST  
**To:** "Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX" <Brett.Lowther@gov.bc.ca>, "Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX" <Robert.Boelens@gov.bc.ca>, "Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX" <Tim.Howlett@gov.bc.ca>, "Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX" <Vivian.Thomas@gov.bc.ca>, "MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX" <Alex.MacDonald@gov.bc.ca>, "Crebo, David GCPE:EX" <David.Crebo@gov.bc.ca>  
**Cc:** "Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX" <Brian.Cotton@gov.bc.ca>, "Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX" <Don.Zadravec@gov.bc.ca>, "Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX" <Leanne.Ritchie@gov.bc.ca>, "Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX" <Cale.Cowan@gov.bc.ca>  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi again everyone,

Feedback from our Deputy in the attached.

Let me know if you want me to make any of the changes, or if I should leave that to whoever it is that is holding the pen on the various pieces.

Thanks,  
Sarah.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:12 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi all – I have made some suggested edits from our end on these materials, which are with our folks for review.

I did a lot of formatting clean-up on the QA, so have attached a clean copy which may be easier to work from, provided the content changes are okay from your perspectives.

The key messages are currently in the comm plan at the end, but I would suggest we use just a Key Message document instead for simplicity's sake. I have attached one with the edits I suggested accepted. Note that I did some fairly extensive editing to try to cut them down a lot, so you may want to look at the Comm Plan for the tracked changes. There were several bullets in the messaging that would

be more suitable for the QA – and they were generally addressed in the QA anyway, but not in as much detail as was in the key messaging.

Nice work Meghan on the statement – I think it looks quite good! There were a couple of minor edits, and also one to keep this process a bit more focused on the s.13,s.16

s.13,s.16

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank  
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

Page 103 to/à Page 104

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.13

## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 11:21 AM  
**To:** Beale, William AGRI:EX; Smith, Jessica C AGRI:EX  
**Cc:** MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Final q and a - Jan. 30th meeting  
**Attachments:** QA\_Fish farms\_draft 5.docx; ATT00001.htm

See attached pls - should be the final q and a

Begin forwarded message:

**From:** "Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX" <[Brett.Lowther@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Brett.Lowther@gov.bc.ca)>  
**Date:** January 29, 2018 at 10:25:53 AM PST  
**To:** "Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX" <[Robert.Boelens@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Robert.Boelens@gov.bc.ca)>, "Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX" <[Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca)>, "Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX" <[Tim.Howlett@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Tim.Howlett@gov.bc.ca)>, "Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX" <[Vivian.Thomas@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Vivian.Thomas@gov.bc.ca)>, "MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX" <[Alex.MacDonald@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Alex.MacDonald@gov.bc.ca)>, "Crebo, David GCPE:EX" <[David.Crebo@gov.bc.ca](mailto:David.Crebo@gov.bc.ca)>  
**Cc:** "Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX" <[Brian.Cotton@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Brian.Cotton@gov.bc.ca)>, "Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX" <[Don.Zadravec@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Don.Zadravec@gov.bc.ca)>, "Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX" <[Leanne.Ritchie@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Leanne.Ritchie@gov.bc.ca)>, "Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX" <[Cale.Cowan@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Cale.Cowan@gov.bc.ca)>  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Attached is what should be final version of QA. It is draft 5. (Will wait until this afternoon to mark in Final).

Brett

---

**From:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 9:34 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** FW: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Two updates to the Q and A from AGRI in the attached.

q9 – wording changed  
q18 – FIN has approved.

---

**From:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 8:45 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

ENV's QA re: s.13,s.16

..it is in this version.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX

**Sent:** Sunday, January 28, 2018 8:28 PM

**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX

**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX

**Subject:** RE: Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi again everyone,

Feedback from our Deputy in the attached.

Let me know if you want me to make any of the changes, or if I should leave that to whoever it is that is holding the pen on the various pieces.

Thanks,  
Sarah.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX

**Sent:** Saturday, January 27, 2018 4:12 PM

**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX

**Cc:** Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX

**Subject:** Draft materials for Jan. 30th meeting

Hi all – I have made some suggested edits from our end on these materials, which are with our folks for review.

I did a lot of formatting clean-up on the QA, so have attached a clean copy which may be easier to work from, provided the content changes are okay from your perspectives.

The key messages are currently in the comm plan at the end, but I would suggest we use just a Key Message document instead for simplicity's sake. I have attached one with the edits I suggested accepted. Note that I did some fairly extensive editing to try to cut them down a lot, so you may want to look at the Comm Plan for the tracked changes. There were several bullets in the messaging that would be more suitable for the QA – and they were generally addressed in the QA anyway, but not in as much detail as was in the key messaging.

Nice work Meghan on the statement – I think it looks quite good! There were a couple of minor edits, and also one to keep this process a bit more focused on the <sup>s.13,s.16</sup>  
s.13,s.16

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank

Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

Government Communications & Public Engagement

Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)



## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Thursday, January 25, 2018 9:28 AM  
**To:** Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Jan 30 meeting  
**Attachments:** v2Jan 30 Agenda draft.docx; 4. Roadmap Graphic Consultation and Reconciliation Paths.pdf  
  
**Follow Up Flag:** Follow up  
**Flag Status:** Completed

Two documents...

- 1) Our DM has okayed the attached agenda for Tuesday.
- 2) Attached is a draft proposed graphic representation of the different components and timing suggested.

Leanne

## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 22, 2018 4:26 PM  
**To:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Jan. 30th meeting  
**Attachments:** CP\_FishFarms\_draft 4.docx

Here's updated comm plan to add to the briefing package.

---

**From:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 22, 2018 2:53 PM  
**To:** Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: RUSH REVIEW: Jan. 30th meeting

Hi Viv,

Here are a few updates from our end and a messaging build out on the government to government process.

s.13,s.16

It is still with our ED for review. Hoping to hear back today.  
Leanne

---

**From:** Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 22, 2018 2:43 PM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RUSH REVIEW: Jan. 30th meeting  
**Importance:** High

Hi! here's slightly updated comm plan (additions highlighted in yellow for ease of reference). Comments appreciated back ASAP, so this can be shared with the Ministers' Offices by end of day today.

Thx,

Vivian

## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Thursday, January 18, 2018 11:56 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Jan. 30th meeting  
**Attachments:** CP\_FishFarms\_draft 2.docx

Hi - As discussed yesterday. Draft comm plan attached for discussion on tomorrow's call. Feel free to add in specific sections from your ministry that apply.

Thx  
Brett

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:40 PM  
**To:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Could we all touch base with a teleconference on Friday afternoon? Brett, would your comm plan be at a state where you could walk us through it then and we can discuss any other issues we may need to hash through?

S.

---

**From:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:21 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Thanks Brett. Glad you are taking the lead. You've saved me from the doing the same ☺

s.13,s.16

We are working on a QA and KMs on this, especially around UNDRIP, and program are on stand-by to review.

Leanne

---

**From:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:04 PM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX

**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

I'm working on a comm plan specific to the Jan 30<sup>th</sup> meeting and will send it around to everyone as soon as I have program approval which should be by tomorrow afternoon.  
It will include suggested messaging for media coming out of the meeting.

Brett

---

**From:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 11:51 AM  
**To:** Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Can I suggest that if we're going to have a call, that it be done before the Ministers' pre-brief on the 23<sup>rd</sup>.

---

**From:** Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:51 AM  
**To:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Looping in Brett, since he's working on updating the comm plan. I think Alex MacDonald is the issues manager assigned to fish farms.

---

**From:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:45 AM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Good idea to chat about this...I had no idea this meeting was happening, but, yes, there it is in MGH calendar. Perhaps Tim Howlett should also be part of this? (Don, your thoughts?)

---

**From:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:33 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

I'm looping Rob in as well, as I'm on annual that week, if you're setting this up as a call, we can both dial in.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:31 AM  
**To:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Jan. 30th meeting

Hi all,

I understand there will be a big meeting between a number of First Nations from the Broughton Archipelago and all four of our ministers on Jan, 30<sup>th</sup> around the fish farm issue. Our folks are expecting a large number of attendees, protesters and media.

I feel like it would be a good idea to get together to chat about a plan for how we want to approach this from a comms side of things.... I am of course very new to the file, so will be leaning on your experience on this file!

It's coming up fast, so hoping we can do that in the next day or two?

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank  
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:57 PM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Zadavec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Sure that should work.

b

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:40 PM  
**To:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Zadavec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Could we all touch base with a teleconference on Friday afternoon? Brett, would your comm plan be at a state where you could walk us through it then and we can discuss any other issues we may need to hash through?

S.

---

**From:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:21 PM  
**To:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Zadavec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Thanks Brett. Glad you are taking the lead. You've saved me from the doing the same ☺

s.13,s.16

We are working on a QA and KMs on this, especially around UNDRIP, and program are on stand-by to review.

Leanne

---

**From:** Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:04 PM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zadavec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

I'm working on a comm plan specific to the Jan 30<sup>th</sup> meeting and will send it around to everyone as soon as I have program approval which should be by tomorrow afternoon.  
It will include suggested messaging for media coming out of the meeting.

Brett

---

**From:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, January 17, 2018 11:51 AM  
**To:** Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Can I suggest that if we're going to have a call, that it be done before the Ministers' pre-brief on the 23<sup>rd</sup>.

---

**From:** Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:51 AM  
**To:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Looping in Brett, since he's working on updating the comm plan. I think Alex MacDonald is the issues manager assigned to fish farms.

---

**From:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:45 AM  
**To:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

Good idea to chat about this...I had no idea this meeting was happening, but, yes, there it is in MGH calendar. Perhaps Tim Howlett should also be part of this? (Don, your thoughts?)

---

**From:** McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:33 AM  
**To:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Jan. 30th meeting

I'm looping Rob in as well, as I'm on annual that week, if you're setting this up as a call, we can both dial in.

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:31 AM  
**To:** Crebo, David GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zdravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Jan. 30th meeting

Hi all,

I understand there will be a big meeting between a number of First Nations from the Broughton Archipelago and all four of our ministers on Jan. 30<sup>th</sup> around the fish farm issue. Our folks are expecting a large number of attendees, protesters and media.

I feel like it would be a good idea to get together to chat about a plan for how we want to approach this from a comms side of things.... I am of course very new to the file, so will be leaning on your experience on this file!

It's coming up fast, so hoping we can do that in the next day or two?

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank  
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)



## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, January 29, 2018 4:28 PM  
**To:** Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX; Cotton, Brian GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Howlett, Tim GCPE:EX; MacDonald, Alex GCPE:EX; McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX; Crebo, David GCPE:EX; Sherlock, Stephanie GCPE:EX; Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Materials for tomorrow  
**Attachments:** KM\_FishFarmMeeting\_Jan 29 4 pm (3).docx; QA\_Fish farms\_Jan 29 4pm.docx; G2G2G Statement.docx  
  
**Follow Up Flag:** Follow up  
**Flag Status:** Completed

Here is where we stand with the materials now. Pretty-close-to-final, pending any developments coming out of the meeting tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted if things evolve tomorrow in any unexpected or new ways.

S.

Sarah Plank  
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

## Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX

---

**From:** Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:58 PM  
**To:** Thomas, Vivian P GCPE:EX; Lowther, Brett GCPE:EX; Boelens, Robert GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** Media inquiries re: joint statement

**Follow Up Flag:** Follow up  
**Flag Status:** Completed

Hi all – if you get any media inquiries about the statement, Chief Chamberlin has asked that we also please pass along his contact info to the reporter, so they also get an opportunity to be part of the story. Can you please make sure to do that?

Chief Robert (Owa'di) Chamberlin  
Kwikwasutinuxw Haxwa'mis First Nation  
250 974-8282  
Email: bobc@khfn.ca

We will add it also to the version online.

Thanks,  
Sarah.

Sarah Plank  
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
Government Communications & Public Engagement  
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: [sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca)

Page 117

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.13;s.17

Page 118 to/à Page 189

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.13