

**From:** [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
**To:** [Wood, Jessica IRR:EX](#)  
**Subject:** FW: Alert Bay Briefing  
**Date:** Tuesday, September 19, 2017 1:08:00 PM  
**Importance:** High

---

**Jonathan Sas** | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 778 587 4376

---

**From:** Nash, Amber PREM:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:31 PM  
**To:** Smith, Jessica C AGRI:EX; Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX  
**Subject:** Alert Bay Briefing  
**Importance:** High

Hi Both,

The Premier has requested a briefing on key issues ahead of the meetings in Alert Bay.

This would include:

s.13,s.16

- 
- 
- 
- 

Can you both help facilitate this with appropriate Deputy Ministers/staff?

Briefing to be scheduled for 11:15 am on Thursday here in the Premier's office.

Thanks very much.

Amber

**Amber Nash**

Executive Coordinator | Office of the Premier | Tel: 250 – 356-0210 | Cell: 778-584-3330 | E: [amber.nash@gov.bc.ca](mailto:amber.nash@gov.bc.ca)

**From:** [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
**To:** [Wood, Jessica IRR:EX](#)  
**Subject:** FW:s.13 - Meeting Logistics and Supporting Materials  
**Date:** Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:18:00 PM  
**Attachments:** s.13,s.16

---

**Jonathan Sas** | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation |  
778 587 4376

---

**From:** French, Shawna IRR:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:59 PM  
**To:** Leinweber, Rachelle R IRR:EX; Roberts, Connie A ABR:EX  
**Cc:** Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX  
**Subject:** FW:s.13 - Meeting Logistics and Supporting Materials

FYI – materials for Alert Bay visit

*Shawna French*

A/ Executive Director  
Deputy Ministers Office  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
\*\*\*\*\*  
5th Floor - 2957 Jutland  
Victoria BC  
Phone: 250 356-6330  
Cell: 250-213-7671  
[mailto: Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)

---

**From:** Hodson, Georgina AGRI:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:35 PM  
**To:** French, Shawna IRR:EX; Bates, Nancy FLNR:EX  
**Subject:** FW: s.13 - Meeting Logistics and Supporting Materials

I understand Wes sent this package along to Don Wright, with a cc' to Tim, Craig and Doug already but I don't think you both were included.

This is what we sent forward to the PO.

---

**From:** Georgina Hodson <[georgina.hodson@gov.bc.ca](mailto:georgina.hodson@gov.bc.ca)>  
**Date:** Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 11:19 AM  
**To:** Jessica Smith <[Jessica.C.Smith@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jessica.C.Smith@gov.bc.ca)>  
**Cc:** "Shoemaker, Wes AGRI:EX" <[Wes.Shoemaker@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Wes.Shoemaker@gov.bc.ca)>, "Mack, James AGRI:EX" <[James.Mack@gov.bc.ca](mailto:James.Mack@gov.bc.ca)>, "Fair, Susan P AGRI:EX" <[Susan.Fair@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Susan.Fair@gov.bc.ca)>, "Scott, Melissa AGRI:EX" <[Melissa.Scott@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Melissa.Scott@gov.bc.ca)>, "Mayers, Neil A AGRI:EX" <[Neil.Mayers@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Neil.Mayers@gov.bc.ca)>, "Johnson, Lisa E AGRI:EX" <[Lisa.Johnson@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Lisa.Johnson@gov.bc.ca)>, "McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX" <[Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca)>, "Beale, William AGRI:EX" <[William.Beale@gov.bc.ca](mailto:William.Beale@gov.bc.ca)>, "Wendland, Justine AGRI:EX" <[Justine.Wendland@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Justine.Wendland@gov.bc.ca)>

**Subject:** s.13

- Meeting Logistics and Supporting Materials

Jessica,

Please find attached the supporting materials for the briefing scheduled with the Premier, tomorrow at 11:15am, as requested – for routing through to your contact in the Premiers' office.

Please also note that the meeting logistics were confirmed by scheduling in the PO, and the Agri DMO will be sending out a calendar invite with the following information:

Time: 11:15am – 11:45am

Location: PO – West Annex

Attendees, as discussed will be: Wes Shoemaker (AGRI), Craig Sutherland – on behalf of Tim Sheldon (FLNRO), Doug Caul (MIRR)

Thanks, let me know if you have any questions!

Georgina

**Georgina Hodson**

Manager, Executive Operations and Planning  
Deputy Minister's Office | Ministry of Agriculture  
(p) 250.896.6221

---

**From:** Jessica Smith <[Jessica.C.Smith@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jessica.C.Smith@gov.bc.ca)>

**Date:** Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 12:36 PM

**To:** "Shoemaker, Wes AGRI:EX" <[Wes.Shoemaker@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Wes.Shoemaker@gov.bc.ca)>

**Cc:** "Mack, James AGRI:EX" <[James.Mack@gov.bc.ca](mailto:James.Mack@gov.bc.ca)>, "McRae, Meghan GCPE:EX" <[Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Meghan.McRae@gov.bc.ca)>

**Subject:** Briefing with Premier

Hi Wes/James,

The Premier is requesting a briefing from staff from Agr/Indigenous Relations this Thursday 11:15am in the PO ahead of his trip to Alert Bay.

Briefing specifics would include:

s.13,s.16

.

.

.

.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

From: Jonathan Sas  
To: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
Subject: Fwd: Email triage  
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:52:58 PM

---

Jonathan Sas

mobile: s.22  
Twitter:

----- Forwarded message -----

From: **Jonathan Sas** <s.22>  
Date: Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 9:15 PM  
Subject: Email triage  
To: "Farmer, Leila PREM:EX" <[Leila.Farmer@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Leila.Farmer@gov.bc.ca)>  
Cc: "Wood, Jessica IRR:EX" <[Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca)>

Hey Leila,

Thanks for copying us on all the wrap up emails.

I think they are a good guide for lots of the hand off of current files. Let's go through them tomorrow together , I'll wait to respond to them till we've done that,

Thanks

--

Jonathan Sas

mobile: s.22  
Twitter:

From: Jonathan Sas  
To: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
Subject: Fwd: FW: VIU greetings for Sept 20th  
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:25:06 PM

---

Jonathan Sas

mobile: s.22  
Twitter:

----- Forwarded message -----

From: **Jonathan Sas** s.22  
Date: Wed, May 16, 2018 at 2:22 PM  
Subject: Fwd: FW: VIU greetings for Sept 20th  
To: "Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX" <[jonathan.sas@gov.bc.ca](mailto:jonathan.sas@gov.bc.ca)>

Jonathan Sas

mobile: s.22  
Twitter

----- Forwarded message -----

From: **Harbord, Chris GCPE:EX** <[Chris.Harbord@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Chris.Harbord@gov.bc.ca)>  
Date: Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 2:16 PM  
Subject: RE: FW: VIU greetings for Sept 20th  
To: Jonathan Sas <s.22> "Wood, Jessica IRR:EX"  
<[Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca)>, "Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX" <[Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca)>

Any thoughts Jessica?

From: Jonathan Sas [mailto:s.22]  
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 12:10 PM  
To: Harbord, Chris GCPE:EX; Wood, Jessica IRR:EX; Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX  
Subject: Re: FW: VIU greetings for Sept 20th

I think a greeting still fine , that would be video overload...

Jessica?

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 12:05 PM Harbord, Chris GCPE:EX <[Chris.Harbord@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Chris.Harbord@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Hi there – so it turns out that VIU already has videos of ministers Flemming and Mark. Minister Conroy is providing a video and they have also asked the Premier (TBC). I don't think folks knew that they had asked multiple ministers.

IMO it seems silly for so many different cabinet ministers to do videos, but I don't want MSF not be included since it is an Indigenous-focussed event.

Would you like us to do up a script and work with Connie to coordinate the shoot? We'll also ask the other GCPE shops for their scripts to ensure there isn't a lot of overlap between the ministers.

Thoughts?

---

**From:** Cordeiro, Shantel GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, September 15, 2017 11:59 AM  
**To:** Harbord, Chris GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** FW: VIU greetings for Sept 20th

---

**From:** Porter, Rodney GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, September 15, 2017 11:59 AM  
**To:** Johnston, Karen GCPE:EX; Cordeiro, Shantel GCPE:EX; Lauvaas, Kirsten GCPE:EX; Larabee, Shawn G GCPE:EX  
**Subject:** RE: VIU greetings for Sept 20th

I had no idea that VIU had asked four ministers separately. I've also just learned they are asking for a video from the Premier.

---

**From:** Johnston, Karen GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, September 15, 2017 11:05 AM  
**To:** Cordeiro, Shantel GCPE:EX; Lauvaas, Kirsten GCPE:EX; Larabee, Shawn G GCPE:EX; Porter,

Rodney GCPE:EX

**Subject:** RE: VIU greetings for Sept 20th

Shantel - -Rodney is at the centre of all the confusion here (kidding Rodney – but you still owe us for the video mixup - -I have not forgotten). Yes Minister Conroy is providing video greetings, as is Minister Flemming and Minister Mark. Will leave it to you to discuss with Rodney as to what is best for your minister. kj

---

**From:** Cordeiro, Shantel GCPE:EX

**Sent:** Friday, September 15, 2017 10:59 AM

**To:** Johnston, Karen GCPE:EX; Lauvaas, Kirsten GCPE:EX; Larabee, Shawn G GCPE:EX

**Subject:** VIU greetings for Sept 20th

Hello,

I was looking to touch base regarding the Indigenous Forum at VIU on Wednesday, Sept. 20<sup>th</sup>, I see in the corp cal (CFD – 82083) that your minister will be providing video greetings. Can you confirm if this is the same event at VIU that Minister Fraser was invited to, a Celebration of Indigenous Learning Partnership?

If so, we weren't sure if it was necessary for both ministers to do a video greeting and can draft a letter instead, but wanted to confirm before making any decisions.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Shantel Cordeiro  
Public Affairs Officer

Government Communications and Public Engagement  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

Office: 778 698-3908

Cell: s.17

--



Jonathan Sas

mobile: <sup>s.22</sup>

Twitter:

From: Jonathan Sas  
To: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
Subject: Fwd: FYI: EMPR Invitation to First Nations Regional Engagement Sessions re LNG  
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:26:35 PM

---

Jonathan Sas

mobile: <sup>s.22</sup>  
Twitter:

----- Forwarded message -----

From: **Jonathan Sas** <sup>s.22</sup>  
Date: Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 3:41 PM  
Subject: Re: FYI: EMPR Invitation to First Nations Regional Engagement Sessions re LNG  
To: "Farmer, Leila PREM:EX" <[Leila.Farmer@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Leila.Farmer@gov.bc.ca)>, "Harbord, Chris GCPE:EX" <[Chris.Harbord@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Chris.Harbord@gov.bc.ca)>, "Wood, Jessica IRR:EX" <[Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca)>

Thank you for letting us know, Chris.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 3:01 PM Harbord, Chris GCPE:EX <[Chris.Harbord@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Chris.Harbord@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Hi there – are you aware of this invitation from MMM and Chief Ogen inviting Indigenous leaders affected by LNG-related development to meet in Fall 2017 for discussions with the Province, industry, the federal government, and communities?

EMPR is partnering with the First Nations LNG Alliance to facilitate the discussions aimed at enhancing the prospect of developing a successful industry in BC. Recommendations from the consultations will be made to government by Dec. 31, 2017.

We're updating our issues note to include some messaging on this but wanted to make sure you were aware given today's announcement.

Cheers, Chris

--

Jonathan Sas

mobile: <sup>s.22</sup>  
Twitter

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
To: [Devereux, Rick GCPE:EX](#)  
Cc: [Wood, Jessica IRR:EX](#)  
Subject: Fwd: Haisla Housing Request  
Date: Friday, September 15, 2017 4:07:58 PM  
Attachments: [Scan\\_20170915.pdf](#)  
[ATT00001.htm](#)  
[Meeting 3 - Haisla Nation.docx](#)  
[ATT00002.htm](#)

---

Hey Rick,

Here's MIRR notes. Let me know if you need anything else.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

**From:** "French, Shawna IRR:EX" <[Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)>  
**Date:** September 15, 2017 at 3:49:25 PM PDT  
**To:** "Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX" <[Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca)>  
**Cc:** "Wood, Jessica IRR:EX" <[Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca)>  
**Subject:** RE: Haisla Housing Request

Hi Jonathan,

Attached are the PO meeting notes for the Haisla meeting. It was Geoff Meggs who took the meeting. Unfortunately that's the only info I know, but you could reach out to Geoff for more info. I also attached our MIRR notes as Laurel Nash met with Haisla as well.

Let me know if you need anything else on this!

Thanks,

Shawna French  
A/ Executive Director  
Deputy Ministers Office  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
\*\*\*\*\*  
5th Floor - 2957 Jutland  
Victoria BC  
Phone: 250 356-6330  
Cell: 250-213-7671  
mailto: [Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)

-----Original Message-----

From: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX  
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:34 PM  
To: French, Shawna IRR:EX  
Cc: Wood, Jessica IRR:EX  
Subject: Haisla Housing Request

Hey Shawna,

Hope you are well,

I understand there was a housing funding issue that was raised by the Haisla Leadership at the FNLC in their meeting with the Premier and COS, or possibly just COS.

Do you have more information about it? Was it feasible? Dollar amounts?

PO looking for info for follow up

Thanks

Ps- so begins a hopefully long email relationship ; )

Sent from my iPad

From: Jonathan Sas  
To: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
Subject: Fwd: MSF Calls re Aurora  
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:21:10 PM

---

Jonathan Sas

mobile: <sup>s.22</sup>  
Twitter:

----- Forwarded message -----

From: **Jonathan Sas** <s.22>  
Date: Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 10:25 AM  
Subject: Re: MSF Calls re Aurora  
To: "Farmer, Leila PREM:EX" <[Leila.Farmer@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Leila.Farmer@gov.bc.ca)>, "Harbord, Chris GCPE:EX" <[Chris.Harbord@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Chris.Harbord@gov.bc.ca)>, "Wood, Jessica IRR:EX" <[Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca)>  
Cc: "Roberts, Connie A ABR:EX" <[Connie.Roberts@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Connie.Roberts@gov.bc.ca)>

Thank you!

This is helpful..:

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 10:22 AM Harbord, Chris GCPE:EX <[Chris.Harbord@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Chris.Harbord@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Hi there – In terms of agreements with First Nations on the Project, government doesn't have any that are specific to Aurora. The project hadn't identified a pipeline route or provider so there are no Pipeline Benefits Agreements with First Nations.

The agreements we completed with the affected First Nations in the area were for PNW LNG and "other projects". Staff are recommending MSF call Lax Kw'alaams, Metlakatla and the First Nations LNG Alliance. The contact info is attached.

You may have already heard that EMPR did not do a media availability and the company did not send out a news release; they only posted a notice online. Therefore, it's possible that the chiefs will not be aware of the company's decision when MSF calls. MMM is still doing calls for industry (see rollout) and they would like us to continue with our calls to First Nations.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers, Chris

Chris Harbord

Communications Director  
Government Communications and Public Engagement  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation  
Phone: 250 920-5079

--

Jonathan Sas

mobile: s.22  
Twitter

From: Jonathan Sas  
To: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
Subject: Fwd: Premiere's riding | SACA question  
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:52:35 PM

---

Jonathan Sas

mobile <sup>s.22</sup>  
Twitter

----- Forwarded message -----

From: **Jonathan Sas** <sup>s.22</sup>  
Date: Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 1:02 PM  
Subject: Re: Premiere's riding | SACA question  
To: "Meggs, Geoff PREM:EX" <[Geoff.Meggs@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Geoff.Meggs@gov.bc.ca)>

Hey Geoff,

Can meet anytime now.

Have a brief as well ton hand you.

Thanks,

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:02 AM Meggs, Geoff PREM:EX <[Geoff.Meggs@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Geoff.Meggs@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Perhaps we could start with a short briefing note on the treaty.  
G

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2017, at 9:52 AM, Clark, Layne PREM:EX <[Layne.Clark@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Layne.Clark@gov.bc.ca)<<mailto:Layne.Clark@gov.bc.ca>>> wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

In terms of the relation with Adam Olsen, please speak to Donna Sanford (CC-d here) who is managing some of these files. She can give you direction.

Layne

From: Jonathan Sas [<mailto:s.22>]  
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:22 PM  
To: Meggs, Geoff PREM:EX; Clark, Layne PREM:EX  
Cc: Farmer, Leila PREM:EX; <sup>s.22</sup>  
<mailto:s.22>  
Subject: Premiere's riding | SACA question

Hello Geoff and Layne,

Hoping to find five minutes of your time late tomorrow to touch base on two key issues:

1) An upcoming treaty final agreement that impacts the Premiere's riding (along with some other NDP MLAs').

2) Clarification on whether our DM can talk directly to Adam Olsen of the Green Party re: Malahat FN treaty update and some other Ministry work, including follow up from the BC Cabinet and First Nations Leaders' Gathering.

Adam inquired directly with Doug Caul, who wanted to get clarity on best practice for this...

Thanks,

Jonathan Sas

mobile: s.22

Twitter:

--

Jonathan Sas

mobile s.22

Twitter



From: Jonathan Sas  
To: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
Subject: Fwd: Request for Support of a Healing Journey  
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:38:38 PM

---

Jonathan Sas

mobile: <sup>s.22</sup>  
Twitter:

----- Forwarded message -----

From: **Jonathan Sas** <<sup>s.22</sup>>  
Date: Wed, May 16, 2018 at 2:35 PM  
Subject: Fwd: Request for Support of a Healing Journey  
To: "Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX" <[jonathan.sas@gov.bc.ca](mailto:jonathan.sas@gov.bc.ca)>

Jonathan Sas

mobile: <sup>s.22</sup>  
Twitter

----- Forwarded message -----

From: **French, Shawna IRR:EX** <[Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)>  
Date: Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 9:36 AM  
Subject: RE: Request for Support of a Healing Journey  
To: Jonathan Sas <sup>s.22</sup>

Give me a call anytime you're free ☺ 250-356-6330

*Shawna French*

A/ Executive Director  
Deputy Ministers Office  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

\*\*\*\*\*

5th Floor - 2957 Jutland  
Victoria BC  
Phone: 250 356-6330  
Cell: 250-213-7671  
[mailto: Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)

From: Jonathan Sas [<mailto:> <sup>s.22</sup>]  
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:52 PM  
To: French, Shawna IRR:EX

**Subject:** Re: Request for Support of a Healing Journey

Hey Shawna

Let me know if we can touch base by phone in the morning.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 6:11 PM Jonathan Sas [s.22](mailto:Jonathan.Sas@bc.ca)

· wrote:

Hello Shawna,

MSF would like to meet this request for support.

Please advise asap how / whether we can make this happen.... what the process is for requests like these?

Thanks!

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 4:03 PM French, Shawna IRR:EX <[Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Our staff had a conversation with Chief Harvey in the hallway and are aware of this but didn't know about the funding request tied to the initiative.

Thanks,

*Shawna French*  
A/ Executive Director

Deputy Ministers Office  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

\*\*\*\*\*

5th Floor - 2957 Jutland  
Victoria BC  
Phone: 250 356-6330  
Cell: 250-213-7671  
<mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca>

---

**From:** Farmer, Leila PREM:EX  
**Sent:** Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:47 PM

---

**To:** French, Shawna IRR:EX  
**Cc:** Wood, Jessica IRR:EX; 'Jonathan Sas'

---

**Subject:** RE: Request for Support of a Healing Journey

Thanks Shawna. Minister Fraser is going to have a quick meeting with MLA Tegart today at 530.

---

**From:** French, Shawna IRR:EX  
**Sent:** Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:45 PM  
**To:** Farmer, Leila PREM:EX  
**Cc:** Wood, Jessica IRR:EX; 'Jonathan Sas'  
**Subject:** RE: Request for Support of a Healing Journey

Hi Leila,

UNIB had no one-on-one meetings with Ministers at FNLG. I will reach out to staff to see if they are in the loop on this issue.

Thanks,

*Shawna French*  
A/ Executive Director  
Deputy Ministers Office

5th Floor - 2957 Jutland  
Victoria BC  
Phone: 250 356-6330  
Cell: 250-213-7671  
<mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca>

---

**From:** Farmer, Leila PREM:EX  
**Sent:** Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:23 PM  
**To:** French, Shawna IRR:EX  
**Cc:** Wood, Jessica IRR:EX; 'Jonathan Sas'  
**Subject:** FW: Request for Support of a Healing Journey

Hi Shawna – MLA Tegart is hoping to speak with MSF today about this request today around 5:30. Can you please let me know ASAP if this request was brought up by the UNIB during FNLG? And if so, was anything committed? Also, has this request come to the ministry before?

Thanks,

Leila

---

**From:** Proctor, Ryan ABR:EX  
**Sent:** Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:02 PM  
**To:** Farmer, Leila PREM:EX  
**Subject:** Re: Request for Support of a Healing Journey

Here you are.

**Ryan Proctor**

Administrative Assistant

Minister of Indigenous Relations of Reconciliation

Room 323 | Parliament Buildings | Victoria, BC

Phone 250.953.4844

**From:** RPROCTOR [<mailto:Ryan.Proctor@gov.bc.ca>]  
**Sent:** Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:44 PM  
**To:** Proctor, Ryan ABR:EX  
**Subject:** 42467

--

Jonathan Sas

mobile: s.22

Twitter

--

Jonathan Sas

mobile: s.22

Twitter:

From: Jonathan Sas  
To: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
Subject: Fwd: Your speaking notes for tomorrow!  
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:16:05 PM

---

Jonathan Sas

mobile: s.22  
Twitter:

----- Forwarded message -----

From: **Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX** <[Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca)>  
Date: Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 2:37 PM  
Subject: Fwd: Your speaking notes for tomorrow!  
To: s.22

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 778-587-4376

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Wood, Jessica IRR:EX" <[Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca)<<mailto:Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca>>>  
Date: September 23, 2017 at 11:39:43 AM PDT  
To: "Fraser, Scott PREM:EX" <[Scott.Fraser@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Scott.Fraser@gov.bc.ca)<<mailto:Scott.Fraser@gov.bc.ca>>>  
Cc: "Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX" <[Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca)<<mailto:Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>>>  
Subject: Re: Your speaking notes for tomorrow!

Great! That's wonderful to hear.

Jessica Wood | Ministerial Assistant to the Honourable Scott Fraser | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 250-953-4103

On Sep 23, 2017, at 9:59 AM, Fraser, Scott PREM:EX <[Scott.Fraser@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Scott.Fraser@gov.bc.ca)<<mailto:Scott.Fraser@gov.bc.ca>>> wrote:

Oh, I like this one!!!??

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 22, 2017, at 8:12 PM, Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX <[Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca)<<mailto:Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>>> wrote:

Hope you like them.

If you need help with pronunciations of nations let Jessica and I know! I will have your entire Itinerary printed and<sup>s.22</sup>  
<SN\_MSF\_Walk for Reconciliation 2017\_FINAL edits\_22 Sept 635 pm.docx>

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 778-587-4376

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
To: [Quinlan, Kevin](#)  
Subject: Re: congrats  
Date: Sunday, September 17, 2017 9:39:23 PM

---

Thanks so much man! Humbling and exciting!

Let's definitely connect. <sup>s.22</sup> so early  
week evening probably best. How you looking?

Cheers,

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 15, 2017, at 12:09 PM, Quinlan, Kevin <[Kevin.Quinlan@vancouver.ca](mailto:Kevin.Quinlan@vancouver.ca)> wrote:

Hi Jonathan, just wanted to say a quick note of congrats on the new role. Let me know if you're in town during the week of UBCM and we can grab a drink

Cheers

Kevin

Kevin Quinlan  
Chief of Staff, Office of the Mayor  
City of Vancouver  
Office: 604.873.7232  
Cell: 778.995.2264



From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
To: [Leinweber, Rachelle R IRR:EX](#)  
Cc: [Roberts, Connie A ABR:EX](#); [French, Shawna IRR:EX](#); [Howie, Matthew IRR:EX](#)  
Subject: Re: For DM - Full Package for Friday's TB Meeting (Sep 2017)  
Date: Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:54:55 PM

---

Great! Was about to ask!

Will make sure we print so MSF can review in good time

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 778-587-4376

> On Sep 21, 2017, at 12:53 PM, Leinweber, Rachelle R IRR:EX <[Rachelle.Leinweber@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Rachelle.Leinweber@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

>

> Good afternoon,

>

> Please find the attached materials for tomorrow's TB meeting in Vancouver.

>

> Thanks,

> Rachelle

>

>

> From: Adams, Bev M IRR:EX

> Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:54 AM

> To: Leinweber, Rachelle R IRR:EX

> Cc: Howie, Matthew IRR:EX; French, Shawna IRR:EX; Klotz, Heidi IRR:EX; Dyck, Heinz IRR:EX; Lofthouse, Mark IRR:EX

> Subject: For DM - Full Package for Friday's TB Meeting (Sep 2017)

>

> Hi Rachelle, Heinz and Mark,

>

> Here are the materials for Friday's TB Meeting.

>

> We have 3 submissions as noted below with accompanying TBS Briefing Notes and Minister Speaking Notes for each (9 documents in total).

>

> Rachelle, we have also prepared 'back pocket' items for Doug which I will forward to you under separate email.

>

>

> 1. MIRR Overview

>

> · PPT Presentation

>

> · TBS Briefing Note

>

> · Speaking Notes

>

>

> 2. s.12,s.13

>

> · TB Submission

>

> · TBS Briefing Note

>

> · Speaking Notes

>  
> s.12,s.13  
> 3.  
>  
> · TB Submission  
>  
> · TBS Briefing Note  
>  
> · Speaking Notes  
>  
> Thanks!  
>  
>  
>  
> Bev Adams  
> Submissions Management Team  
> Deputy Minister's Office | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation  
> Phone (250) 387-1959  
>  
> "Long May Your Big Jib Draw"  
>  
>  
> <FINAL - MIRR Overview 2017.pptx>  
> <TBS BN - MIRR Overview.docx>  
> <Speaking Notes - MIRR Overview.docx>  
> s.12,s.13  
>  
>  
>  
>  
>

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
To: [Hill, Edward GCPE:EX](#)  
Cc: [Wood, Jessica IRR:EX](#); [Harbord, Chris GCPE:EX](#); [Ritchie, Leanne GCPE:EX](#)  
Subject: Re: Minister Statement - BC Treaty Commission annual report  
Date: Monday, September 18, 2017 3:53:28 PM

---

Thanks we'll review tomorrow and get back to you

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 778-587-4376

On Sep 18, 2017, at 3:48 PM, Hill, Edward GCPE:EX <[Edward.Hill@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Edward.Hill@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Hi Jonathan and Jessica,

Attached is a draft statement in response to the BC Treaty Commission annual report, for your review.

The statement has been reviewed by MIRR staff and executive, and Chris and Leanne.

The BCTC report is being released on Wednesday, Sept. 20, at about 11 AM, shortly after a BCTC media event at the Vancouver Conference Centre.

Thanks,

Edward (Ted) Hill  
Government Communications  
and Public Engagement  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and  
Reconciliation  
Tel: 250-356-5831

<ST-BCTC report- DM approved.docx>

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
To: [Wood, Jessica IRR:EX](#)  
Subject: RE: **s.12,s.13**  
Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 1:04:00 PM

---

Ha me too... we have meeting with Shawna

**Jonathan Sas** | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation |  
778 587 4376

---

From: Wood, Jessica IRR:EX  
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 1:03 PM  
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX  
Subject: RE: **s.12,s.13**

I just hit print

---

From: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX  
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 1:00 PM  
To: French, Shawna IRR:EX  
Cc: Roberts, Connie A ABR:EX; Wood, Jessica IRR:EX  
Subject: Re: **s.12,s.13**

Will try

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation |  
778-587-4376

On Sep 19, 2017, at 12:59 PM, French, Shawna IRR:EX <[Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Hi All,

We will be discussing this at the briefing today so if you have a chance to put this in front of MSF sooner that would be great! If not no worries.

Thanks,

*Shawna French*

A/ Executive Director  
Deputy Ministers Office  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation  
\*\*\*\*\*  
5th Floor - 2957 Jutland  
Victoria BC  
Phone: 250 356-6330  
Cell: 250-213-7671  
<mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca>

---

From: Mayhew, Neilane IRR:EX  
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:58 PM  
To: French, Shawna IRR:EX

**Subject:** s.12,s.13

Here you go.

**Neilane Mayhew**

Associate Deputy Minister and Chief Operating Officer

Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

Phone: 250 356-1439

Fax: 250 387-6073

s.12,s.13

**From:** [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
**To:** [Wood, Jessica IRR:EX](#); [Mowbray, Dawne IRR:EX](#)  
**Cc:** [Pye, Sara IRR:EX](#)  
**Subject:** RE: Sept 21, 9-10am confirmation and hello from Dawne  
**Date:** Monday, September 18, 2017 6:24:09 PM

---

Hello all,

Just a note that the Minister has caucus at ten to 10 so we'll have to scoot out a little early.

Looking forward to meeting!

---

**From:** Wood, Jessica IRR:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, September 18, 2017 11:26 AM  
**To:** Mowbray, Dawne IRR:EX  
**Cc:** Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX; Pye, Sara IRR:EX  
**Subject:** RE: Sept 21, 9-10am confirmation and hello from Dawne

Hi Dawne,

Nice to connect. Either Jonathan and or/ myself will be in attendance with the Minister.

s.22

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

**Jessica Wood** | Ministerial Assistant to the Honourable Scott Fraser | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 250-953-4103

---

**From:** Mowbray, Dawne IRR:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, September 18, 2017 11:12 AM  
**To:** Wood, Jessica IRR:EX  
**Cc:** Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX; Pye, Sara IRR:EX  
**Subject:** Sept 21, 9-10am confirmation and hello from Dawne

Hi Jessica,

I thought I would introduce myself - Hi, I'm Dawne. ☺ And Congratulations on your new position! I am the secretariat to the Minister's Advisory Council on Indigenous Women – and so I expect we will be in touch every so often. I believe the Minister meets with MACAW at least twice a year (according to the Terms of Reference).

Could you confirm with me who is attending the meeting with MSF on Sept 21? Also, I have the

meeting scheduled for 9-10am and wanted to confirm this as well with you.

Thanks,  
Dawne

Dawne Mowbray  
Secretariat  
Minister's Advisory Council on Aboriginal Women (MACAW)  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation  
[dawne.mowbray@gov.bc.ca](mailto:dawne.mowbray@gov.bc.ca)  
Office: (250) 356-0224  
s.17

---

**From:** Wood, Jessica IRR:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, September 18, 2017 10:21 AM  
**To:** Pye, Sara IRR:EX  
**Cc:** Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX; Mowbray, Dawne IRR:EX  
**Subject:** RE: COS?

Thanks Sara,

I'm resending to include Jonathan on his now working government email

Jessica.

**Jessica Wood** | Ministerial Assistant to the Honourable Scott Fraser | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 250-953-4103

---

**From:** Pye, Sara IRR:EX  
**Sent:** Monday, September 18, 2017 10:07 AM  
**To:** Farmer, Leila PREM:EX  
**Cc:** Wood, Jessica IRR:EX; s.22 Mowbray, Dawne IRR:EX  
**Subject:** RE: COS?

Hi Leila,

Thanks for letting me know, and connecting me with Jonathan and Jessica.

I've also CCed Dawne Mowbray, who is the Secretariat to the Minister's Advisory Council on Aboriginal Women.

Jonathan/Jessica, Chastity is really looking forward to the meeting on Thursday!

Please let Dawne know if you need anything.

Thanks,  
Sara

---

**From:** Farmer, Leila PREM:EX  
**Sent:** Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:07 PM  
**To:** Pye, Sara IRR:EX  
**Cc:** Wood, Jessica IRR:EX<sup>s.22</sup>  
**Subject:** RE: COS?

Hi Sara,

I apologize for the delay in my response to your email.<sup>s.22</sup>  
<sup>s.22</sup> so I won't be attending the meeting on September 21.

Our office has two new Ministerial Assistants – Jonathan Sas and Jessica Wood, who I've cc'ed on this email. Either Jessica or Jonathan will attend the meeting between the minister and Chastity.

Thanks,

**Leila Farmer** | Ministerial Assistant to the Honourable Scott Fraser | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 250-356-6477

---

**From:** Pye, Sara ABR:EX  
**Sent:** Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:39 AM  
**To:** Farmer, Leila PREM:EX  
**Cc:** French, Shawna ABR:EX  
**Subject:** Re: COS?

Hi Leila!

It's great to connect with you - thanks, Shawna! Are you attending the meeting between Minister and Chastity on September 21 in Victoria?

Best,  
Sara

On Sep 1, 2017, at 6:38 PM, Farmer, Leila PREM:EX <[Leila.Farmer@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Leila.Farmer@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Thanks for the intro Shawna.

Hi Sarah - it's good to connect with you via email. I haven't had the opportunity to meet Chastity yet. Am looking forward to it! Let me know if there's anything I can assist with going forward.

-Leila



Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 1, 2017, at 6:33 PM, French, Shawna ABR:EX <[Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Our MA is Leila Farmer. Copying her in here because Leila if you haven't already met Chastity it would be really good for you to make that connection. Leila, Sara is our main contact between MACAW (Ministers Advisory Council on Aboriginal Women) and the Province.

*Shawna French*

A/ Executive Director

Deputy Ministers Office

Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

\*\*\*\*\*

5th Floor - 2957 Jutland

Victoria BC

Phone: 250 356-6330

Cell: 250-213-7671

[mailto: Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)

---

**From:** Pye, Sara ABR:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, September 1, 2017 2:47 PM  
**To:** French, Shawna ABR:EX  
**Subject:** RE: COS?

Oh okay. Well any suggestions re: this?

**From:** Holmes, Rachel ABR:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, September 1, 2017 12:15 PM  
**To:** Pye, Sara ABR:EX  
**Subject:** Re: Quick Q

I think COS :)

---

**From:** Pye, Sara ABR:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, September 01, 2017 10:57 AM  
**To:** Holmes, Rachel ABR:EX  
**Subject:** Quick Q

Chastity has started sending follow up letters to guests that attend MACAW quarterly meetings. For accountability and tracking purposes.

I'm wondering: **Who should be CCed?** MACAW Secretariat, but **who from MIRR?** Minister? Or Chief of Staff? Or...?

Thanks!

Sara Pye  
Director, Social and Cultural Policy  
Socio-Economic Partnerships Branch

Strategic Partnerships & Initiatives Division  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

✉ [sara.pye@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sara.pye@gov.bc.ca)

☎ (250) 356-5223 – office

☎ (250) 812-0146 – mobile

📠 (250) 356-9467

---

**From:** French, Shawna ABR:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, September 1, 2017 2:46 PM  
**To:** Pye, Sara ABR:EX  
**Subject:** Re: COS?

This government isn't having cos'

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

----- Original message -----

**From:** "Pye, Sara ABR:EX" <[Sara.Pye@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Sara.Pye@gov.bc.ca)>  
**Date:** 2017-09-01 2:45 PM (GMT-08:00)  
**To:** "French, Shawna ABR:EX" <[Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)>  
**Subject:** COS?

Hi Shawna,

Quick question: who is the new Chief of Staff? The org chart says "vacant".

Thanks,

Sara Pye  
Director, Social and Cultural Policy  
Socio-Economic Partnerships Branch  
Strategic Partnerships & Initiatives Division  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

✉ [sara.pye@gov.bc.ca](mailto:sara.pye@gov.bc.ca)

☎ (250) 356-5223 – office

☎ (250) 812-0146 – mobile

📠 (250) 356-9467

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
To: [Nash, Laurel IRR:EX](#)  
Cc: [Caul, Doug D IRR:EX](#); [French, Shawna IRR:EX](#); [Wood, Jessica IRR:EX](#); [Harbord, Chris GCPE:EX](#); [Mayhew, Neilane IRR:EX](#)  
Subject: Re: Tour decisions  
Date: Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:12:00 PM

---

Excellent!

Thanks folks

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 778-587-4376

On Sep 21, 2017, at 8:27 PM, Nash, Laurel IRR:EX <[Laurel.Nash@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Laurel.Nash@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Thanks yes we have identified key FNs and will provide an update next week on the debriefing and recovery work underway with communities an the TNG.

Shawna lets work with Tracy on this as she and Devon attended the most recent debriefs with me, the Red Cross, EMBC, Wildfire and INAC.

Respectfully,  
Laurel Nash  
ADM, Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives Division  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation  
250 953 4004 or 250 508 1670

On Sep 21, 2017, at 8:17 PM, Caul, Doug D IRR:EX <[Doug.Caul@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Doug.Caul@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Thanks Jonathan. I recommend adding in local governments and some local stakeholders (eg ranchers, forestry) to the Cariboo/PG trip.

Also suggest an important theme be on fire recovery and commitment to work with FNs on lessons learned. Laurel - can we have something lined up with FNs regarding recovery (review process?) by then for the minister to make a confirmation/announcement (WITH the involved First Nations)?

Our regional staff can help to get this lined up. Shawna please coordinate.

I assume by clean tech you mean the FNs Clean Energy Business Fund announcements (y/n?). Looping Chris in to assist on that front.

Dc

Doug Caul  
Deputy Minister  
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

On Sep 21, 2017, at 5:41 PM, Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX  
<[Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Hey folks,

We've made some key decisions.

Tour October 10<sup>th</sup> to 14<sup>th</sup>

<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->MSF would like  
to combine both option 1 and 2 (Prince George and  
Cariboo)

<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->MSF would like  
s.22

<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->MSF agrees that  
Leadership Table, Friendship centre are priorities in  
Prince George, and would like to visit regional office

<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->In Caribou, he  
agrees on priority to meet with all three Nations

<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Once better  
finalized, MO to run by PO

We'd like a bit more info on the proposed clean tech  
announcements and to explore how we might use tour to  
demonstrate movement on mandate priorities.

Nov trip

<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->MO to check  
with Min Mungall office on making trip to North  
East for Site C meetings

<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Idea was to  
travel on remembrance day Monday, and do  
meetings thereafter

<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->More soon....

Thanks

**Jonathan Sas** | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of  
Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 778 587 4376

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
To: [Wood, Jessica IRR:EX](#)  
Cc: [Gunn, Paula MCF:EX](#); [Machell, Aileen GCPE:EX](#)  
Subject: Re: UPDATED NR, QA on Indigenous funding  
Date: Friday, September 29, 2017 4:33:40 PM

---

Thanks, looks good

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 778-587-4376

On Sep 29, 2017, at 1:03 PM, Wood, Jessica IRR:EX <[Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca)> wrote:

Suggested edits included.

---

**From:** Gunn, Paula MCF:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, September 29, 2017 12:30 PM  
**To:** Machell, Aileen GCPE:EX  
**Cc:** Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX; Wood, Jessica IRR:EX  
**Subject:** UPDATED NR, QA on Indigenous funding

Please see the revised NR and Qs and As and let me know as soon as possible if you are good with it, so I can let my Comms folks know. Thanks! Paula

---

**From:** Lauvaas, Kirsten GCPE:EX  
**Sent:** Friday, September 29, 2017 12:23 PM  
**To:** Gunn, Paula MCF:EX  
**Cc:** Johnston, Karen GCPE:EX; Youngs, Kirsten R GCPE:EX; Bond, Allison MCF:EX  
**Subject:** FOR REVIEW: UPDATED NR, QA on Indigenous funding

Hi All,

Please see attached NR and QA, with updates included. Please have a look and flag anything I may have missed. Once approved, we'll get this loaded into the NR system for tomorrow morning.

Cheers,

**Kirsten Lauvaas**  
Government Communications and Public Engagement  
Ministry of Children and Family Development  
**250 356-1553 | 250 213-5572**

<QA\_\$6.4 Prevention Family Support funding\_Sept 30 2017\_DR5 JDW.docx>

<NR\_\$6.4M Prevention Family Support funding\_Sept 30 2017\_DR6\_JDW.docx>

Page 38 to/à Page 41

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.14

**From:** [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
**To:** [Roberts, Connie A ABR:EX](#); [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
**Subject:** Receipt with breakdown  
**Date:** Friday, September 22, 2017 12:18:02 PM  
**Attachments:** [SnipImage.JPG](#)

---

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
To: [s.22](#)  
Subject: SFU Reconciliation and the Province conference  
Date: Monday, September 18, 2017 7:15:16 PM

---

Hello Tony,

My name is Jonathan Sas, I'm the Senior Ministerial Assistant to Minister Scott Fraser in Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation. I'd be happy to connect to chat about the possible conference.

Do you have any availability Friday morning? Say around 10 am?



From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
To: [McNish, James EMPR:EX](#)  
Subject: Site C and BC Hydro q  
Date: Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:21:00 PM

---

Hi James,

Hoping to connect tomorrow to touch base on two things. Do you have 15 mins?

- 1) MSF and MMM trip in November to North East for consultation meetings with FNs  
(apparently they've discussed remembrance day trip)
- 2) s.13,s.16

Thanks

**Jonathan Sas** | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation |  
778 587 4376

**From:** [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)  
**To:** [French, Shawna IRR:EX](#)  
**Subject:** TB presentation  
**Date:** Friday, September 15, 2017 6:18:43 PM

---

Hey Shawna,

Just wanted to check in on the TB presentation and briefings for MSF. They coming Monday?

Seems it's been moved to Friday. Have a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone