

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)
To: [Eckardt, Dana R IRR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: MO MTG ADVICE: 46885 - BC First Nations Gaming Commission Correspondence - Provincial Funding – Gaming Revenue Distribution Entity
Date: Friday, March 29, 2019 4:30:08 PM
Attachments: BCFNGC - 2019 Feb 1 - MIRR-Minister & MoF-Minister - Prov Funding–Gaming Rev Distribution Entity.pdf

You can close this one off

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 778 587 4376

From: French, Shawna IRR:EX
Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:04 PM
To: Dick, Jolleen IRR:EX; Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX
Subject: FW: MO MTG ADVICE: 46885 - BC First Nations Gaming Commission Correspondence - Provincial Funding – Gaming Revenue Distribution Entity

See advice below, copying Jonathan here based on the timeframe and political sensitivity...probably needs immediate attention.

Advice from Rob D

s.13,s.16

Kim Ponchet

Correspondence Team Lead
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation
Phone: 778 974-2156

From: Charlotte Armstrong [<mailto:carmstrong@syilx.org>]
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2019 4:57 PM
To: Minister, IRR IRR:EX
Subject: 46885 - BC First Nations Gaming Commission Correspondence - Provincial Funding – Gaming Revenue Distribution Entity

Good Day Minister Scott Fraser,

Please see attached BC First Nations Gaming Commission correspondence regarding *Provincial Funding – Gaming Revenue Distribution Entity*

Original mailed,

limlæmt | Thank You

Charlotte Armstrong
Executive Coordinator

BC First Nations Gaming Commission
c/o Okanagan Nation Alliance
101 - 3535 Old Okanagan Hwy
WESTBANK, BC V4T 3L7

TF 1-866-662-9609
T 250-707-0095 ext #208
F 250-707-0166

www.syilx.org

 please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)
To: [Eckardt, Dana R IRR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: MO MTG ADVICE: 46898 - FW: Requested Meeting - Energy Roadmap
Date: Friday, March 29, 2019 4:31:41 PM
Attachments: [image001.png](#)
[BCs Energy Roadmap V2.pdf](#)
[Energy Roadmap Letter to Minister Fraser.pdf](#)

Agree with staff advice

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation |
778 587 4376

From: French, Shawna IRR:EX
Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:00 PM
To: Dick, Jolleen IRR:EX
Subject: FW: MO MTG ADVICE: 46898 - FW: Requested Meeting - Energy Roadmap

See advice below.

Dale Morgan provided advice

s.13

Kim Ponchet
Correspondence Team Lead
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation
Phone: 778 974-2156

From: Fraser.MLA, Scott [<mailto:Scott.Fraser.MLA@leg.bc.ca>]
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2019 2:19 PM
To: Minister, IRR IRR:EX
Subject: 46898 - FW: Requested Meeting - Energy Roadmap

From: ed@rmcoalition.com [<mailto:ed@rmcoalition.com>]
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2019 1:22 PM
To: Fraser.MLA, Scott <Scott.Fraser.MLA@leg.bc.ca>

Subject: Requested Meeting - Energy Roadmap

Good afternoon Minister Fraser,

The Resource Municipalities Coalition engaged with stakeholders of the Energy Sector to discuss moving the provinces initiative to develop a roadmap for the future of BC energy forward.

I have attached a copy of the results of our public engagement and a letter of request for a meeting.

Sincerely,

Mike Whalley
Executive Director

Resource Municipalities Coalition
10631 – 100th Street, Fort St John, BC, V1J 3Z5
ed@rmcoalition.com
250.793.6754



From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)
To: [Eckardt, Dana R IRR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: MO MTG ADVICE: 47220 - Re: Meeting Request: Yellowstone to Yukon April 8-15
Date: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:58:44 PM

Hey,

Agree with staff advice. Thanks,

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation |
778 587 4376

From: Eckardt, Dana R IRR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:55 PM
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX; Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX
Subject: FW: MO MTG ADVICE: 47220 - Re: Meeting Request: Yellowstone to Yukon April 8-15

Jonathan

Meeting request received from Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative.

Advice is as follows;

s.13

Please let me know if you would like to defer to staff.

d.

From: Tim Burkhart <Tim@y2y.net>
Sent: March 19, 2019 2:29 PM
To: Minister, IRR IRR:EX <IRR.Minister@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: 47220 - Re: Meeting Request: Yellowstone to Yukon April 8-15

Apologies, I attached the wrong meeting request for Minister Fraser, find the correct PDF attached.

From: Tim Burkhart
Sent: March 19, 2019 2:28 PM
To: Minister, IRR IRR:EX
Subject: Meeting Request: Yellowstone to Yukon April 8-15

Hello,

I am writing on behalf of the Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative (Y2Y) to request a meeting with you and staff to discuss critical conservation issues and opportunities in British Columbia.

Y2Y's BC & Yukon Program Director Candace Batycki and BC Strategic Engagement Manager Tim Burkhart are in Victoria from **April 8th to 15th, 2019** and we would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you and your staff.

Please indicate what time and day is convenient for you and we will provide a briefing note and schedule a meeting.

Thank you!--Tim

Tim Burkhart

BC Manager, Strategic Engagement and Peace Region

Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative

300-722 Cormorant St, Victoria, BC V8W 1P8

Unceded lands of the Lkwungen speaking peoples of the Esquimalt and Songhees Nations and the WSÁNEC people.

250-719-9614

tim@y2y.net

Follow Y2Y on [Twitter](#) | [Instagram](#) | [Facebook](#)

Stay connected! [Sign up to receive Connections](#), our newsletter, and other communications or [make a donation](#) in support of our work today.

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)
To: [Root, Danielle IRR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: MTG ADVICE: 47052 - Request for meeting with Chief of Homalco
Date: Friday, March 29, 2019 4:25:57 PM

Agree with staff advice

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation |
778 587 4376

From: Root, Danielle IRR:EX
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 4:25 PM
To: Dick, Jolleen IRR:EX
Subject: MTG ADVICE: 47052 - Request for meeting with Chief of Homalco

Hi Jolleen,

s.13,s.16

From: Sue Hanley [<mailto:sue.hanley@homalco.com>]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 10:09 AM
To: Minister, IRR IRR:EX
Subject: 47052 - Request for meeting with Chief of Homalco

Greetings

Please see the attached letter to Minister Donaldson. We are hoping someone from MIRR can attend.

Thank you

Sue Hanley
Administrator
Homalco First Nation
1218 Bute Crescent
Campbell River, BC V9H 1G5
250-923-4979

s.13,s.22

From: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX
To: Eckardt, Dana R IRR:EX
Subject: RE: Meeting Requests for direction
Date: Friday, March 29, 2019 4:27:30 PM
Attachments: mssew001.png

Agree with staff advice

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 778 587 4376

From: Dick, Jolleen IRR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 12:03 AM
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX
Cc: Demelo, Paula IRR:EX
Subject: Meeting Requests for direction

Hi Jonathan

Here are some meeting request packages of advice that need attention

47205 – Connie was going to confirm with you for an April 29th meeting

47178 – is nation you asked about today in Clair's riding

47163 – Need your direction

47161 – Tlaqquiaht/Ahousht Nature fund request.



































47096 – These folks are meeting with TAC on the 28th - ^{S 13}
^{C 12}

47066 – this is the first email sent to MSF as minister on Canada nature fund

46907 – mentioned to CU that you met and that it was fine to close off.

46850 – this is from Barb Ward Burkitt

MSF is close with both Chiefs. Similar request to 47066 but from different person
President Doiron is hoping for funding for language pole, same as 46757

 Doyle, Rickie-Lee	47205 - ConocoPhillips Meeting Request April 29, 2019	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Mon 2019-03-18 7:12 AM
 Trevena,MLA, Claire	47178 - meeting request	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Wed 2019-03-13 11:39 AM
 Layden, Kurtis (EC)	47163 - Phone Meeting Request with Parliamentary Secretary Sean Fraser	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Tue 2019-03-12 11:52 AM
 Jim Pimblett	47161 - Meeting request March 18 - 19	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Mon 2019-03-11 3:28 PM
 Mayor Bumstead	47122 - FW: Mayor Bumstead-Dawson Creek	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Thu 2019-03-07 12:36 PM
 Scott Jeary	47096 - Request for Meeting - United Nations, Language Revitalization Pole - FNEF	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Fri 2019-03-01 3:57 PM
 Dick, Jolleen IRR:EX	47066 - Tla o qui aht	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Mon 2019-02-25 3:47 PM
 Jody Leys-Brown	47044 - Fwd: First Nations Job Development Opportunity.	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Thu 2019-02-21 1:08 PM
 John Humphrey	46907 - North Coal - Meeting Request	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Tue 2019-02-05 10:05 AM
 Fraser,MLA, Scott	46898 - FW: Requested Meeting - Energy Roadmap	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Mon 2019-02-04 2:19 PM
 Charlotte Armstrong	46885 - BC First Nations Gaming Commission Correspondence - Provincial Funding – Gaming Revenue Distribution Entity	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Fri 2019-02-01 5:12 PM
 Manon Derjailais	46850 - New Opera	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Tue 2019-01-29 9:07 AM
 Roberts, Connie A IRR:EX	46849 - FW: Letter from Chief Eneas, Penticton Indian Band	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Mon 2019-01-28 2:12 PM
 Diane Calliou	46818 - TBSC Health Services LCI	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Wed 2019-01-23 10:38 AM
 Fraser,MLA, Scott	46757 - FW: The First Nations Language Revitalization TOTEM - UNESCO Year of Indigenous Languages	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Wed 2019-01-16 10:14 AM
 Rina Gemeinhart	46740 - invitation to meet with Kitsumkalum Chief Roberts	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Mon 2019-01-14 9:34 AM
 Chris Atchison	46713 - BCCA re: Construction Month 2019	 Mtg Request - With MO for Advice	Wed 2019-01-09 3:34 PM

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)
To: ["Ben Bisset"](#)
Bcc: [Eckardt, Dana R IRR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: Tsawwassen First Nation 10-year anniversary
Date: Monday, March 25, 2019 5:34:08 PM

Hello Ben,

I regret to inform you that the opposition Liberals have turned down our offer to have a member of the Liberal caucus join the Minister for this historic celebration in Tsawwassen. We are mystified at why but unfortunately it prevents the Minister from attending.

I will follow up with our Ministry on the attendance of our Deputy Minister Doug Caul and other possibilities,

The Minister is really disappointed to not be there,

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 778 587 4376

-----Original Message-----

From: Ben Bisset [<mailto:bbisset@tsawwassenfirstnation.com>]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 10:39 AM
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX
Subject: RE: Tsawwassen First Nation 10-year anniversary

Great, thanks Jonathan. Really appreciate the assistance. Let me know if there's any more information I can provide at this point.

One other idea that occurred to us - If the critic isn't available or interested, would it make sense to invite Mike de Jong as he was minister of Aboriginal relations and Reconciliation when the Treaty came into effect in 2009?

Ben Bisset
Manager of Policy and Intergovernmental Affairs
Tsawwassen First Nation
(604) 948-5224

-----Original Message-----

From: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX <Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>
Sent: February 28, 2019 10:33 AM
To: Ben Bisset <bbisset@tsawwassenfirstnation.com>
Subject: RE: Tsawwassen First Nation 10-year anniversary

Hey Be,

A quick note to let you know we're working on this...

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation | 778 587 4376

-----Original Message-----

From: Ben Bisset [<mailto:bbisset@tsawwassenfirstnation.com>]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 4:34 PM
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX
Cc: Demelo, Paula IRR:EX
Subject: RE: Tsawwassen First Nation 10-year anniversary

That'd be great, thanks. Either Wednesday morning or any time on Thursday next week should work for me.

Ben Bisset
Manager of Policy and Intergovernmental Affairs Tsawwassen First Nation
(604) 948-5224

-----Original Message-----

From: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX <Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>
Sent: February 15, 2019 4:30 PM
To: Ben Bisset <bbisset@tsawwassenfirstnation.com>
Cc: Demelo, Paula IRR:EX <Paula.Demelo@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Tsawwassen First Nation 10-year anniversary

Hey Ben,

Yes, my apologies been meaning to get back to you. Would a call next week work?

Paula: can you find a time for this call in my calendar?

Thanks,

Jonathan Sas I Senior Ministerial Assistant to Minister Scott Fraser I Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

From: bbisset@tsawwassenfirstnation.com
Sent: February 15, 2019 4:21 PM
To: Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca
Subject: Tsawwassen First Nation 10-year anniversary

Hi Jonathan,

We met at FNLG during a meeting between Minister Fraser and Executive Councillor Tanya Corbet from Tsawwassen First Nation.

At the meeting, we briefly discussed whether your office could provide support in terms of arranging Ministerial participation by BC at the upcoming 10-year anniversary of the Tsawwassen Treaty on April 3.

I'm wondering if you have time for a call in the near future to discuss further? Let me know if there's a time that would be convenient for you over the next couple of weeks and I'd be happy to give you a call.

Hay ?x? q??
Thank You

Ben Bisset
Manager, Policy and Intergovernmental Affairs Tsawwassen First Nation
1926 Tsawwassen Drive, Tsawwassen, BC V4M 4G2
D* 604-948-5224 s.22
Connect with us: www.tsawwassenfirstnation.com<<http://www.tsawwassenfirstnation.com/>> [cid:c64f657e-f361-42e6-a31f-67e2aa75c3a6] <<https://www.facebook.com/TFNEDC>>
Facebook<<https://www.facebook.com/#!/TsawwassenFirstNation>>

[cid:image002.jpg@01CEBF89.3D007CF0]<<http://www.tsawwassenfirstnation.com/>>

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)
To: [Venn, Tania GCPE:EX](#)
Subject: RE: Updated package for Wednesday's Nicola Valley event - signoff on MA and MSF quote required
Date: Monday, March 18, 2019 5:05:53 PM

Both are approved, thanks Tania!

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation |
778 587 4376

From: Venn, Tania GCPE:EX
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2019 4:48 PM
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX; Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX; Roberts, Connie A IRR:EX
Cc: Howie, Matthew IRR:EX; Demelo, Paula IRR:EX; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX
Subject: Updated package for Wednesday's Nicola Valley event - signoff on MA and MSF quote required
Importance: High

Hi,

Here is the full and updated package of materials for Wednesday's event.

Please note: the agenda has been updated to reflect that there will now be a smudging ceremony!

Can I please have a sign-off for the media advisory and Minister's quote.

Materials:

- Media Advisory – need signoff please
- News Release – is the PJH quote going to be revised, as per Sage's request
- QA
- PJH speaking notes
- MSF speaking notes
- Updated Agenda
- Social media

Thank you,

Tania

Tania Venn

Communications Manager | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation
Government Communications & Public Engagement
Office: 778.698.9499 | Mobile: 250.208.6183 | Email: tania.venn@gov.bc.ca

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)
To: [Venn, Tania GCPE:EX](#); [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
Cc: [Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX](#)
Subject: Re: FOR APPROVAL - Media Response: Nisga'a Lisims Crown land sale
Date: Friday, March 15, 2019 11:49:58 AM

Approved

Jonathan Sas I Senior Ministerial Assistant to Minister Scott Fraser I Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

From: Tania.Venn@gov.bc.ca
Sent: March 15, 2019 11:45 AM
To: Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca; AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca
Cc: Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca
Subject: RE: FOR APPROVAL - Media Response: Nisga'a Lisims Crown land sale

Hi again,

I know you guys are busy. This reporter is waiting on a response. Can you please take a look at the bullets below and let us know if we're good to send off to him?

Thank you!!

Tania

From: Venn, Tania GCPE:EX
Sent: March 14, 2019 12:18 PM
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX <Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>; 'Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX (AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca)'
Cc: Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX (Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca) <Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FW: FOR APPROVAL - Media Response: Nisga'a Lisims Crown land sale
Importance: High

Hi there – just following up on this one. The reporter is pressuring Sarah and looking for a response.

Thank you!!

Tania

From: Venn, Tania GCPE:EX
Sent: March 13, 2019 4:58 PM
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX <Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>; 'Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX (AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca)'
Cc: Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX (Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca) <Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca>; Suter, Danielle GCPE:EX <Danielle.Suter@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FOR APPROVAL - Media Response: Nisga'a Lisims Crown land sale

Hi Jonathan and Anne Marie,

We've put together this media response for a reporter at the Terrace Standard on the Nisga'a crown land issue. These are follow up question to ones you would have seen a couple days ago.

They're signed off by Tom (for Trish) and EMPR's reviewed also.

Thank you,

Tania

Reporter

Rod Link, Reporter

Terrace Standard

rodlink@terracestandard.com

250-638-7283

Deadline ASAP

Request

1. How much Crown land are the Nisga'a interested in acquiring and where exactly and how many parcels (I don't believe it is one single parcel).

These terms are subject to negotiation. Negotiations are ongoing.

2. Who is being consulted exactly? I believe the Metlakatla is one of the First Nations.

The Province has identified First Nations to consult with and is currently in an information sharing phase with those First Nations. The consultations are on going and it would be premature to provide further information at this stage of the consultations.

3. And who is doing the consulting? Is the onus on the province or the Nisga'a or both?

The duty to consult lies with the province.

4. And what is the purpose of the consultation?

The Province consults First Nations on land and resource decisions that may impact claims of aboriginal rights.

5. What form is this consultation taking? Are the affected First Nations consulting as one body or are they doing so independently?

The Province is undertaking its obligation to consult with the First Nations who may be impacted. At this time, it would be premature to share more details while consultations are ongoing.

Thanks,

Tania

Tania Venn

Communications Manager | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation
Government Communications & Public Engagement

Office: 778.698.9499 | Mobile: 250.208.6183 | Email: tania.venn@gov.bc.ca

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)
To: [Roberts, Connie A IRR:EX](#)
Cc: [Eckardt, Dana R IRR:EX](#)
Subject: Re: For Approval **s.12,s.13** TB Submission (due Friday March 22)
Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 5:32:04 PM

Approved. Please esig

Jonathan Sas I Senior Ministerial Assistant to Minister Scott Fraser I Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

From: Connie.Roberts@gov.bc.ca
Sent: March 20, 2019 4:10 PM
To: Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca
Subject: FW: For Approva **s.12,s.13** TB Submission (due Friday March 22)

This has been uploaded to the iPad under the Materials for Review folder.

Thanks,
Connie Roberts
*Administrative Coordinator to the
Honourable Scott Fraser
Minister of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation
Room #323, Parliament Buildings
Victoria, BC
Phone: 778-974-6014*

From: Eckardt, Dana R IRR:EX
Sent: March 20, 2019 3:57 PM
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX <Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Roberts, Connie A IRR:EX <Connie.Roberts@gov.bc.ca>; Howie, Matthew IRR:EX <Matthew.Howie@gov.bc.ca>; Demelo, Paula IRR:EX <Paula.Demelo@gov.bc.ca>; Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: For Approval: **s.12,s.13** TB Submission (due Friday March 22)
Importance: High

Jonathan,

Please find attached the **s.12,s.13** TB submission for Minister approval.

Final signed submission is due to TB by end of day Friday.

Please let me know if the Minister approves, or if he would like any edits to the submission.

Thanks!
Dana

Dana Eckardt

a/Director, Executive Operation
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation
Phone: 778 974-5810 | Cell: 250 818-8916

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)
To: [Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX](#); [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
Cc: [Farmer, Leila GCPE:EX](#); [Venn, Tania GCPE:EX](#); [Suter, Danielle GCPE:EX](#)
Subject: Re: Fwd: FOR SIGN OFF - Media Response: Nisga'a Lisims Crown land sale
Date: Friday, March 8, 2019 8:27:03 AM

Approved

Jonathan Sas I Senior Ministerial Assistant to Minister Scott Fraser I Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

From: Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca
Sent: March 8, 2019 8:25 AM
To: Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca; AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca
Cc: Leila.Farmer@gov.bc.ca; Tania.Venn@gov.bc.ca; Danielle.Suter@gov.bc.ca
Subject: Fwd: FOR SIGN OFF - Media Response: Nisga'a Lisims Crown land sale

Hi - Doug has signed off. Can you please have a look? We are updating the issues note and will get it to you soon.
Thanks, Sarah.

Reporter

Rod Link, Reporter
Terrace Standard
rodlink@terracestandard.com
250-638-7283
Deadline ASAP

Request

Q. Need to confirm this agreement is still active:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/environment/natural-resource-stewardship/consulting-with-first-nations/agreements/nisgaa_prgt_pipeline_benefits_agreement_signed_20nov2014.pdf

Response: Yes, the PRGT PBA with Nisga'a is still active.

Q. About five years ago the Nisga'a Lisims Government entered into negotiations with the province to purchase substantial Crown lands on the north coast adjacent to lands it already owns. The idea was to secure enough sites on which could be located as many as four LNG plant/terminal projects. This is part of the overall LNG development strategy of the Nisga'a Lisims Government and follows on its agreement with TransCanada/Prince Rupert Gas Transmission to potentially ship natural gas for those projects.

I think, overall, this could amount to as much as 22,000 hectares.

Could you confirm that figure and could you tell me what has happened since? Have the lands been transferred?

Response: Negotiations are ongoing and land has not been transferred.

Q. I recall at the time consultation with First Nations on the coast who have interests in all or some of the lands was required.

Have those consultations been completed?

Response: Consultation is ongoing.

Background

Recommendation

Sarah Plank

Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

Government Communications & Public Engagement

Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca

From: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)
To: [Ponchet, Kim IRR:EX](#); [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
Subject: Re: Rush eApproval
Date: Friday, March 15, 2019 9:15:59 AM

Approved

Jonathan Sas I Senior Ministerial Assistant to Minister Scott Fraser I Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation

From: Kim.Ponchet@gov.bc.ca
Sent: March 15, 2019 8:58 AM
To: Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca; AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca
Subject: RE: Rush eApproval

See below – I have attached the original email to this.

[*EMAIL RESPONSE*]

Ref. 46899

s.22

Dear s.22

Thank you for your email dated February 4, 2019, regarding your concerns with land parcels proposed for settlement of Treaty Land Entitlement (TLE) with West Moberly First Nations.

I acknowledge your interest in having an open and transparent opportunity for stakeholder engagement regarding these proposed land transfers.

The Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation (MIRR) considers stakeholder engagement to be very important to move towards final settlement of TLE. You have raised a number of concerns regarding past, present, and future engagements, as well as specific interests with respect to the Summit Lake parcels.

MIRR has set out six guiding principles for stakeholder engagement: communication, transparency, collaboration, inclusiveness, integrity, and commitment. The provincial negotiation team is guided by these principles in the engagement process.

The negotiation team has followed up and has scheduled a meeting with Fort George Regional District board on Thursday, March 21, 2019, and the team is working to coordinate a community meeting at Summit Lake. The team will approach these meetings with the intent of being able to more specifically address your questions and comments, and to understand the issues associated with the TLE proposal, as I hope stakeholders will as well.

Please contact Dale Morgan, Acting Regional Executive Director, North Area, at Dale.Morgan@gov.bc.ca with any further questions or comments.

Again, thank you for writing.

Sincerely,

Scott Fraser
Minister

pc: Mike Morris, MLA
Prince George –Mackenzie
mike.morris.MLA@leg.bc.ca

Pat Crook
Regional Director
Regional District Fraser-Fort George
pat@district.mackenzie.bc.ca

Jim Martin
Chief Administrative Officer
Regional District Fraser-Fort George
jmartin@rdffg.bc.ca

Dale Morgan
Acting Regional Executive Director, North Area
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation
Dale.Morgan@gov.bc.ca

bc: MIRR Correspondence Unit
ABRCorrespondenceUnit@gov.bc.ca

From: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 5:56 AM
To: Ponchet, Kim IRR:EX; Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX
Subject: RE: Rush eApproval

Hey Kim,

Can you send me the letter directly?

Thanks,

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation |
778 587 4376

From: Ponchet, Kim IRR:EX

Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:42 AM
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX; Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX
Subject: Rush eApproval

Hi Jonathan and Anne –

Doubling up on emails to hopefully ensure you see this ASAP. This letter needs to be sent before end of day Monday.

Thank you,

Kim Ponchet

Correspondence Team Lead
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation
Phone: 250 812-2459

From: MIRR eApprovals [mailto:donotreply@sp.gov.bc.ca]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:40 AM
To: Demelo, Paula IRR:EX; Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX; Campbell, Kari IRR:EX; Fielding, Vin IRR:EX; Ponchet, Kim IRR:EX
Subject: RUSH NOTIFICATION - eApprovals Item ID: 79 - Item Forwarded - Due 3/15/2019

Ponchet, Kim [Colleague of CU - Correspondence Unit] forwarded an eApprovals item to Sam, Anne-Marie for action

Comment: For rush MO approval, pls. Need to send Friday or Monday.

#: 46899

Title: Summit Lake TLE land parcels

Due Date: 3/15/2019

Category: Correspondence - Draft Reply

[Go to item...](#)

From: [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
To: [Roberts, Connie A IRR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: s.17
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 11:50:25 AM
Attachments: [Copy of DEMELOP 0351 03FEB19.xlsx](#)
[Scan_20190215.pdf](#)
Importance: High

Approved

Anne Marie Sam
Senior Ministerial Assistant
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and
Reconciliation
778-584-5506

From: Roberts, Connie A IRR:EX
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 10:37 AM
To: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FW s.17
Importance: High

Hi Ann Marie,

Please see the below, can you please review now and FORWARD this email back to me with your approval? We are coming up to year end and Finance keeps sending me emails to get this one of Paula's for February in to their office.

Thanks,
Connie Roberts
*Administrative Coordinator to the
Honourable Scott Fraser
Minister of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation
Room #323, Parliament Buildings
Victoria, BC
Phone: 778-974-6014*

From: Roberts, Connie A IRR:EX
Sent: March 7, 2019 11:43 AM
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX <Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FW: s.17
Importance: High

Hi Jonathan,

Just following up on this one, please? Please forward the email back to me with your approval.

Thanks,
Connie Roberts
*Administrative Coordinator to the
Honourable Scott Fraser
Minister of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation
Room #323, Parliament Buildings
Victoria, BC
Phone: 778-974-6014*

From: Roberts, Connie A IRR:EX
Sent: February 19, 2019 2:40 PM
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX <Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FW: s.17
Importance: High

I have attached Paula's Feb. Pcard for your approval. Please FORWARD this email back to me with your approval.

Thanks,
Connie Roberts
*Administrative Coordinator to the
Honourable Scott Fraser
Minister of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation
Room #323, Parliament Buildings
Victoria, BC
Phone: 778-974-6014*

From: Demelo, Paula IRR:EX
Sent: February 15, 2019 2:45 PM
To: Roberts, Connie A IRR:EX <Connie.Roberts@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Demelo, Paula IRR:EX <Paula.Demelo@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: (s.17

Pcard Feb 03, 2019 Receipts

Thanks,
Paula Demelo |Administrative Assistant to the Honourable Scott Fraser
Minister of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation
Room 323|Parliament Buildings |Victoria, BC |V8V 1X4
Phone: 778 974-6018

Page 26

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16

From: [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
To: [Fraser, Scott IRR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: For Briefing Today
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 6:03:26 PM
Attachments: FY19 Year-End Asks @ Mar 4-19.xlsx

As promised here is the list of year end items

Anne Marie

From: Root, Danielle IRR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 12:55 PM
To: Balcaen, Trish L IRR:EX <Trish.Balcaen@gov.bc.ca>; Boyd, Wes CSNR:EX <Wes.Boyd@gov.bc.ca>; Caul, Doug D IRR:EX <Doug.Caul@gov.bc.ca>; Christensen, Suzanne IRR:EX <Suzanne.Christensen@gov.bc.ca>; Nash, Laurel IRR:EX <Laurel.Nash@gov.bc.ca>; Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX <Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca>; Root, Danielle IRR:EX <Danielle.Root@gov.bc.ca>; Wood, Jessica IRR:EX <Jessica.D.Wood@gov.bc.ca>; Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>; Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX <Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>; Parmar, Ranbir S CSNR:EX <Ranbir.Parmar@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: For Briefing Today

Hi –

Please find attached table for discussion today.

Thank you,

Danielle Root

Manager of Executive Services
Deputy Minister's Office / Ministry of Indigenous Relation & Reconciliation
PH: 778-974-2049

From: [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
To: [Root, Danielle IRR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: June Women's Meeting
Date: Thursday, March 7, 2019 10:07:31 AM
Attachments: UBCIC Women's Representative Report - Elaine Alec.pdf
2018-49.pdf
Indigenous Womens Meeting Proposal.docx

From: Henry, Molly FIN:EX
Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 6:57 PM
To: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FW: June Women's Meeting

Hey Anne – Is this something your ministry is looped into at all?

From: Elaine Alec <s.22
Sent: March-05-19 3:06 PM
To: Dean, Mitzi FIN:EX
Subject: June Women's Meeting

Good afternoon! Thank you so much for taking the time to meet with me. As discussed, one of the action items I wanted to take on but had no support with (resource-wise) was to host an Indigenous Women's Organization Planning Session. I have been speaking with the reps from the various organizations and we have come up with two dates where a majority are available. I have put together a small two pager that includes background, purpose, tentative agenda and proposed budget (which is mainly for travel for our delegates who don't have funding from their organizations for travel) I would also like to extend an invitation to a rep or two from the province and the ISC to attend to see if there are areas, upcoming areas where we can align our work.

If you have any resources, or know of any of the ministries that have the resources to help support this meeting, please let me know and I would be happy to submit a formal proposal. Thank you again for your time and commitment in the work you do and I look forward to hearing from you.

Purpose of Meeting:

To gather like-minded organizations to update on activities for the year and find ways to come together and align work, organize, support and share information.

Tentative Date: Thursday, June 6th (alternate date Friday, June 7th)
Time: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where: Vancouver, BC (Coast Coal Harbour Hotel?)

Participants: 15-20

Cost to host: \$11,700 (includes travel for delegates with no travel budget, room and coffee/lunch)

Who:

BCAFN Women's Rep and their Senior Policy Advisor,
UBCIC Women's Rep and UBCIC Policy Advisors
BC Native Women's Association President and 7 board members,
Ending Violence Executive Director Tracy Porteous
MACIW Chair Chastity Davis
NWAC President Francyne Joe
Federal and Provincial Reps

--

lim læmt | thank you

Elaine Alec

☞ 22 _____

w. www.alderhill.ca

Confidentiality Warning: This e-mail contains information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and destroy this email. You must not copy, disseminate or publish this e-mail.

Please consider the environment before printing this email

From: [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
To: [Roberts, Connie A IRR:EX](#)
Subject: FW: Public Communication on Nicola Pilot Open House
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 11:12:02 AM
Attachments: [ATT00001.htm](#)
[ATT00002.htm](#)
[2019-02-24_PublicOpenHouseInvite_5NN.DOCX](#)
[ATT00003.htm](#)

Connie ,

This is the info I had received from Enviro about the 14th event

From: [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
To: [Roberts, Connie A IRR:EX](#)
Subject: Fwd: Agenda
Date: Friday, March 15, 2019 3:10:29 PM
Attachments: [AGENDA.docx](#)
[ATT00001.htm](#)

Can this be added to package. Sorry just got it from the Wetsuwet'en

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Judy Walton" <judy.walton@wetsuweten.com>
Date: March 15, 2019 at 2:30:32 PM PDT
To: "'Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX'" <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: Agenda

Here you go!

Judy Walton
Executive Secretary
Office of the Wet'suwet'en
Ph: (250) 847-3630
Email: judy.walton@wetsuweten.com

-----Original Message-----

From: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>
Sent: March-15-19 2:09 PM
To: judy.walton@wetsuweten.com
Subject: Agenda

Hi Judy

Can you send me an electronic copy of the agenda Please

Thanks

Anne Marie Sam

Sent from my iPhone

From: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX
To: Roberts, Connie A IRR:EX
Subject: Fwd: Car Rental Receipt
Date: Monday, March 18, 2019 10:02:29 AM

Here is the rental receipt, they had no staff at airport when I returned the car, I will bring over all my receipts when finished my call

Anne Marie

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Harrison, Haylee" <Haylee.Harrison@nationalcar.com>
Date: March 17, 2019 at 9:30:03 AM PDT
To: "ANNEMARIE.SAM@GOV.BC.CA" <ANNEMARIE.SAM@GOV.BC.CA>
Subject: Car Rental Receipt

```
+-- Invoice / Notes -----+
| Inv No 15027511767      Orig Inv No      Inv Typ
| INVOICE                |
| RA No 174895324        Pre-cut No      Inv Stat
| CLOSED                 |
| Driver Name SAM, ANN MARIE      Id
| 227926959              |
| Renter Name              Res No
| 1736119035 |
| Business Name
| BA                      |
| Prod Code 3792CA      SCTY 3614638      CB      COM
| N                      |
| Rental Station YYDT01* SMITHERS ARPT      14-MAR-
| 2019 19:25 |
| Return Station YYDT01* SMITHERS ARPT      16-MAR-
| 2019 19:00 |
| Credit Station
|
| Credit Reason
| Comment
| Inv Due Date 17-MAR-2019 Period      Curr
| Code CAD |
| Create Date 17-MAR-2019      Payments
| 115.15 |
| Print Date      Inv Total(inc TAX/VAT)
| 115.15 |
| Reprint Date      Total
| Due/Refund      0.00 |
| Inter. One-way      D/L Zip V8V 1Z3      Bus. Type
| Corporate
| Ext Ref No      Credit Net
| Value
| Coupons      QSP      Language Pref EN      Print
| Inv ( ) |
| Contract ID s.17      Forced Chg CC      Print Inv
| Centrally ( ) |
+-----+
+-- Invoice / Notes -----+
| Inv No 15027511767      Curr
| Code CAD |
| RA No 174895324      Inv Total(inc TAX/VAT)
| 115.15 |
| Payer Name SAM, ANN
| MARIE
+-- Invoice / Note Lines -----
```


From: [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
To: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)
Subject: Fwd: Completion ceremony
Date: Monday, March 11, 2019 12:53:07 PM

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bain, Don PREM:EX" <Don.Bain@gov.bc.ca>
To: "Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX" <Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>, "Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX" <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Fwd: Completion ceremony

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Papik, Stephanie EMBC:EX" <Stephanie.Papik@gov.bc.ca>
To: "Bain, Don PREM:EX" <Don.Bain@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Completion ceremony

H was wearing his grandfathers coat which had his grandpas speech notes in them still.





From: [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
To: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#); [Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX](#)
Subject: Fwd: Kaska Dena Council - PO-Hockins
Date: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:58:39 PM
Attachments: [Kaska Dena Council - PO-Hockins.docx](#)
[ATT00001.htm](#)

This was the draft letter in our e approvals , I had not heard back from Doug

Anne
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX" <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>
Date: March 6, 2019 at 9:13:07 AM PST
To: "Caul, Doug D IRR:EX" <Doug.Caul@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Kaska Dena Council - PO-Hockins

Doug,

This is the letter that was drafted for a response to Kaska, we had been working with Enviro to understand what responses were going back to the many requests for support for IPCA's, I sent Enviro the paragraph that begins with Tourism, conservation, and protection.... And they sent back the section in red,

But Jonathan had said you would like to see the wording , so it is still in my e approvals , will wait for your response

Anne Marie Sam
Senior Ministerial Assistant
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and
Reconciliation
778-584-5506

From: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX
To: Caul, Doug D IRR:EX
Subject: Kaska Dena Council - PO-Hockins
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 9:13:09 AM
Attachments: Kaska Dena Council - PO-Hockins.docx

Doug,

This is the letter that was drafted for a response to Kaska, we had been working with Enviro to understand what responses were going back to the many requests for support for IPCA's, I sent Enviro the paragraph that begins with Tourism, conservation, and protection.... And they sent back the section in red,

But Jonathan had said you would like to see the wording , so it is still in my e approvals , will wait for your response

Anne Marie Sam
Senior Ministerial Assistant
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and
Reconciliation
778-584-5506

From: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX
To: Toghestiy Dini Ze"
Subject: Re: Alphonse Gagnon
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:05:29 PM

Hello Warner,
How are you?

Thank you for the phone numbers I will connect with him later today

Anne Marie

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 14, 2019, at 11:48 AM, Toghestiy Dini Ze' ·s.22 wrote:

>

> Hi Anne. This is Warner. Kloum Khun wanted to meet with you prior to our feast. His home landline number is s.22

From: [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
To: [Peter Grant](#)
Cc: [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#); [S.22](#) ; david.dewit@wetsuweten.com s.22
Subject: Re: Bahtlats
Date: Monday, March 11, 2019 5:11:13 PM

Hello Peter,

I can organize with the Premier's detail to go out at the same time , but we most likely would have different questions, would Alphonse be the contact to go through the protocol and seating arrangements? But there might need to be a second person that can do the walk around the building with the Premier's detail to answer the questions they have. Who would the contact be for the Premier's detail to organize their visit ?

The flights are few and far between to get to Smithers this week, I had to book for Thursday, so I can go out on Thursday afternoon also if that makes it easier and then the Premier's detail arrives on Friday to visit the site,

Let me know what works best for Alphonse

Thanks

Anne Marie Sam

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 11, 2019, at 2:10 PM, Peter Grant <pgrant@grantnativelaw.com> wrote:

Jonathan,
Here are the responses. I trust that this answers your questions. We need to know when Anne Marie will be arriving. I cannot be there until Saturday morning so she will meet with the chief.

PETER R. GRANT
Grant Huberman
Barristers & Solicitors
Suite 1620 - 1075 W. Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 3C9
Phone: 604-685-1229
Fax: 604-685-0244
website: www.grantnativelaw.com

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the

reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and delete your copy.

From: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX <Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>

Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 10:32 AM

To: Peter Grant <pgrant@grantnativelaw.com>

Cc: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>;
'Mrankin@murrayrankin.ca' <Mrankin@murrayrankin.ca>; Bain, Don PREM:EX
<Don.Bain@gov.bc.ca>

Subject: Bahtlats

Hello Peter,

As you requested, I've compiled a list of questions for the Chiefs and the OW staff. Thanks so much for facilitating this. I've copied Anne, Murray and Don here. We are all looking forward to attending the Bahtlats and the launch of this historic table.

s.13,s.16

Thanks,

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and
Reconciliation | 778 587 4376

Page 42 to/à Page 44

Withheld pursuant to/removed as

s.16;s.13

From: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX
To: "pgrant@grantnativelaw.com"
Cc: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX; "kwilliams@grantnativelaw.com"
Subject: RE: Follow up
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 11:33:43 AM

Hello,

A friendly reach out to see if an itinerary for March 16th has been set and clear guidance for protocol that will be followed can be shared with our office, maybe easier to set up a call to talk about this ?

Thanks

Anne Marie

From: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 6:36 PM
To: 'Peter Grant' <pgrant@grantnativelaw.com>; 'Karenn Williams' <kwilliams@grantnativelaw.com>
Cc: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Follow up

Hey Peter, Karenn,

Here is the link to the EAO orders issued:
<https://projects.eao.gov.bc.ca/p/coastal-gaslink-pipeline/docs?folder=229>

Summary of Enforcement Action Issued:

February 27, 2019

On February 26, 2019, the Environmental Assessment Office issued an enforcement action to require Coastal GasLink Pipeline Ltd. to implement measures to avoid adverse effects to the use of a registered trapline by the registered trapline holders.

February 27, 2019

On February 20, 2019, the Environmental Assessment Office issued an enforcement action to require Coastal GasLink Pipeline Ltd to refrain from construction within 200m of 15 endangered plant and ecosystem locations in advance of completing surveys and developing mitigations to address project impacts on these plants and ecosystems.

I will send the Information Bulletin from OGC on the archaeological assessment tomorrow when it is released,

Have a good evening,

Jonathan Sas | Senior Ministerial Assistant | Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation |

778 587 4376

From: [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
To: [Venn, Tania GCPE:EX](#); [Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX](#)
Subject: RE: FOR APPROVAL: Media response - West Moberly TLE School lease
Date: Monday, March 18, 2019 3:56:52 PM

This is fine to be sent out

Anne Marie Sam
Senior Ministerial Assistant
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and
Reconciliation
778-584-5506

From: Venn, Tania GCPE:EX
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2019 3:32 PM
To: Sas, Jonathan IRR:EX <Jonathan.Sas@gov.bc.ca>; Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FOR APPROVAL: Media response - West Moberly TLE School lease

Hi Jonathan and Anne Marie,

Can you please review / approve the follow-up questions on the West Moberly / school land lease issue? These are signed off on by Tom McCarthy (for Trish).

Thank you,

Tania

Reporter
Matt Preprost, Editor
Alaska Highway News
editor@ahnfsj.ca
250-271-0724 c: s.22

Deadline ASAP

Request

I am following up on the Cameron Lake parcel that West Moberly has identified in its TLE negotiations with the province.

1. School District 60 says it has been struggling to renew its lease for its outdoor ed centre at the lake for the last year, and that it doesn't know what the future will mean for its site now that it's been identified in the TLE process.

TLE negotiations are ongoing and a review of each land parcel will be complete prior to any

decision regarding land transfer. The lease renewal is an application process led by FLNRORD and must follow the Land Act approval process. The knowledge that the Cameron Lake area is of interest in the TLE process will be considered as part of the lease renewal process, but TLE is not a barrier to renewal of the lease.

For your background, under the treaty land entitlement process, the provincial government is in discussion with five Treaty 8 First Nations in northeast B.C. on compensation for reserve lands they were promised under Treaty 8 but didn't get. B.C. and the federal government intend to honour the terms of the 1914 treaty, including land owed to First Nations. Our goal is to help right a long-standing injustice, and advance reconciliation with Treaty 8 First Nations.

We are working with the Nations and federal government to identify Crown lands that could be included in settlement agreements. Before any agreements are finalized, all stakeholders — including industry, permit and tenure holders, local governments, and the public — will have opportunities to give feedback. This feedback will be considered by B.C. in the decisions on whether — or under what conditions — to transfer individual parcels.

As part of this process, staff from the Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation met with School District staff and the board to share information on the treaty land entitlement process. The interests and concerns of the school district related to the transfer of lands will be used to inform a final decision on treaty land entitlement.

Ministry staff are also working to facilitate a meeting between West Moberly and the School District to discuss their interests in the area. There may be mutually beneficial goals and an opportunity for a meaningful partnership in utilizing the specific lands in question.

2. Can you comment on West Moberly's interest in this land, and its plans for use and access to the site? Will the school district be able to keep the centre and the site? Will it need to lease through the province, or through West Moberly?

Currently the lands are Crown land and the School District has a tenure which, though expired, still provides use of the land. A final decision on the treaty land entitlement has not yet been made. As a result, it's too soon to comment on potential future uses.

s.13,s.16

Tania Venn

Communications Manager | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

Government Communications & Public Engagement

Office: 778.698.9499 | Mobile: 250.208.6183 | Email: tania.venn@gov.bc.ca

From: [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
To: [Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX](#)
Subject: Re: Materials for BCAFN meeting
Date: Thursday, March 7, 2019 7:32:29 PM

I heard that in Merritt tomorrow the women of the Nicola Nations are hosting a luncheon to honour the women , it would have been great to get Carole over there to just stop in , too bad we didn't know about it : (

Anne

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 7, 2019, at 4:06 PM, Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX <Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Thanks Anne.

In the speaking notes you will see that we have a list of people to potentially acknowledge who we think will be there – but we're not 100% sure who will be there. Hoping you can help figure that out with her while there.

Thanks,
Sarah.

Sarah Plank
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation
Government Communications & Public Engagement
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca

From: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX
Sent: March 7, 2019 4:03 PM
To: Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX <Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Materials for BCAFN meeting

Yes I will be picking up Minister James in Kamloops tomorrow morning

Anne

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 7, 2019, at 3:11 PM, Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX <Sarah.Plank@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

FYI so you have these.

Anne – are you staffing Minister James?

From: Plank, Sarah GCPE:EX
Sent: March 7, 2019 3:09 PM
To: Robb, Katie GCPE:EX <Katie.Robb@gov.bc.ca>; Youngs, Kirsten R GCPE:EX <Kirsten.Youngs@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Venn, Tania GCPE:EX <Tania.Venn@gov.bc.ca>; Cowan, Cale GCPE:EX <Cale.Cowan@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Materials for BCAFN meeting

Hi Katie and Kirsten,

Here are the final speaking notes and Q&A for Minister James, as well as the full agenda so she can see the topics that will have been talked about today as well.

We also could get a copy of Minister Eby's speaking notes in case she is interested what he will be saying earlier in the day. Just let me know. We got them for review when they weren't quite final yet, but will get the final if you would like.

Thanks,
Sarah.

Sarah Plank
Communications Director | Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation
Government Communications & Public Engagement
Office: 250.952.1889 | Mobile: 250.208.9621 | Email: sarah.plank@gov.bc.ca

<SN_BCAFN special chiefs assembly_07Mar2019_FINAL.docx>
<QA_BCAFN special chiefs assembly_06March2019_draft.docx>
<2019March_BCAFNSCA2019_agenda_draft(v8).docx>

From: [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
To: [Henry, Molly FIN:EX](#)
Subject: Re: PS BCANDS Conference Panel Invitation
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2019 6:37:23 PM

Hello Molly,

I am not sure if Jonathan connected with you about this , it sounds like a great opportunity for PS Dean , our staff gave us some feed back also and it looks like we have provided funding in the past and work with them where we can

Hope that is helpful

Anne Marie

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 20, 2019, at 12:57 PM, Henry, Molly FIN:EX <Molly.Henry@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Hey folks – I’m not sure if this group is a stakeholder for both of your ministries? Just looking for any advice on whether this would be a good opportunity for Mitzi to speak.

Molly Henry

Ministerial Assistant
Office of the Minister of Finance and Deputy Premier
250-896-5731
Pronouns: she/her

From: Barrett, Andrew <Andrew.Barrett@leg.bc.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:41 AM
To: Dean, Mitzi <M.Dean@leg.bc.ca>; Henry, Molly FIN:EX <Molly.Henry@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Wathanafa, Nubwa LASS:EX <Nubwa.Wathanafa@leg.bc.ca>; Herzog, Lawrence LASS:EX <Lawrence.Herzog@leg.bc.ca>
Subject: PS BCANDS Conference Panel Invitation

Hi Mitzi,

We just got a call from Neil Belanger, ED at BC Aboriginal Network on Disability Society (BCANDS). They are hosting a three day conference “*From the Outside Looking In...*” – *Indigenous Disability and Wellness Gathering*” next Wed, Thurs, and Fri at the Victoria Conference Centre (<http://www.bcands.bc.ca/bcands-2017-indigenous-disability-and-wellness-gathering/>).

They are organizing a number of panel sessions as part of the conference and were wondering if you would like to participate in a panel discussion with Bonnie Brayton, National ED of DisAbled Women’s Network Canada

(<https://www.dawncanada.net/about/our-team/>). Bonnie is the only other confirmed panelist (unfortunately, they have had several panelists back out). They are flexible about the date and time (conference runs 9-4 Wed-Friday), but envisioned a 20 minute presentation about gender equity issues with an indigenous/disability lens, followed by questions. There are about 120 attendees expected from across the province. What made him think of inviting you was the bus tour along the Highway of Tears.

They are working on a tight timeline and so the sooner we can respond the better for them – Neil can be reached at 250-381-7303.

Thank you,
Andrew

From: [Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX](#)
To: [Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX](#)
Subject: RE: suggested wording for IPCA's
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 10:30:31 AM

Sent it over to him this morning

From: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 10:30 AM
To: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: suggested wording for IPCA's

I'm comfortable with this. Do you want to check with your DM?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 6, 2019, at 8:53 AM, Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX <AnneMarie.Sam@gov.bc.ca> wrote:
s.13,s.16

Anne Marie Sam
Senior Ministerial Assistant
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and
Reconciliation
778-584-5506

From: Sam, Anne-Marie IRR:EX
To: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX
Subject: suggested wording for IPCA"s
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:53:13 AM

s.13,s.16

Anne Marie Sam
Senior Ministerial Assistant
Ministry of Indigenous Relations and
Reconciliation
778-584-5506