

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 1, 2018 9:59 AM
To: Moran, Roseanne LASS:EX
Subject: Synagogue shooting response

Hi Roseanne,

See below.

This coming Saturday, in response to the Pittsburgh shooting Jewish communities around the world are holding a #SolidarityShabbat. They are asking people of all faiths and backgrounds to join the Jewish community in synagogue this coming Saturday morning - to leave no seat unfilled.

For anyone who would like to attend and stand in solidarity, you can find a list of B.C. synagogues participating here:

<https://www.jewishvancouver.com/news-and-publications/articles/solidarity-shabbat>

I'm happy to help coordinate as is the B.C. Director of CIJA. I will be at Or Shalom on Fraser and 10th in Vancouver for anyone who wants to join.

Thanks,
Mira

Mira Oreck
604 839 1967

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 5, 2018 2:50 PM
To: Massy, Michelle E PREM:EX
Subject: RE: FN Gathering - materials

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm in direct contact with MIRR and with Shawna and would like to speak to Elizabeth about Cabinet Operations distributing them, primarily so that they can be updated directly to ipads. I understand this is what happened last year. I'd like to discuss the process this week, if possible.

Thank you,
Mira

From: Massy, Michelle E PREM:EX
Sent: Monday, November 5, 2018 2:25 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FN Gathering - materials

Hi Mira – just getting back to you on Elizabeths behalf as she is up to her eyeballs at the moment. It will be MIRR that is distributing all the materials for the FN Gathering – Shawna French would be the contact.

Thanks!
Michelle

Michelle Massy
Manager | Cabinet Operations
Room 049 | [617 Government St.](#) | [Victoria, BC](#)
[250.387.0869](#) | cell: 250-516-0685

Warning: *This email is intended only for the use of the individual or organization to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged or confidential. Any distribution, disclosure, copying, or other use by anyone else is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please telephone or e-mail the sender immediately and delete the message*

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 5, 2018 3:37 PM
To: s.17 s.22 'Kahlon, Ravi'; s.22
s.17 'Chouhan, Raj'
Cc: Moran, Roseanne LASS:EX; Kingston, Charlotte PREM:EX
Subject: Diwali at the Legislature
Attachments: Diwali at the Legislature Invitation - November 7 2018.pdf

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you on Wednesday for the first-ever (as far as we know) celebration of Diwali at the Legislature. Many of you have reached out to ask for details about the Diwali event in the Hall of Honour this coming Wednesday, November 7 from 12:15-1:30pm. Your office will have received invitations to event from the Whip's Office. The invite is attached for your reference.

Invitations have been extended to all members of the legislative assembly and staff. In addition, approximately 140 members of the Victoria area who are Diwali celebrants have been invited to attend. The event will include dance performance, speeches by the Premier and community members, and a lighting of the diya lamp. A note that we have essentially hit capacity for the event (including an overflow space).

After the event, MLAs will receive photos and a video from GCPE that can be circulated to your communities. There will be an opportunity during the event to take a photo with the ceremonial diya should you wish to do so.

Please be in touch any specific questions. If you'd like to see the specific program, Charlotte can send it to you (she is cc'd).

Looking forward,
Mira

Mira Oreck, Director of Stakeholder Relations
Office of the Premier
#740 – 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC
604 839 1967

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 6, 2018 11:36 AM
To: Van Meer-Mass, Kate PREM:EX
Subject: FW: 16 Days- BN.docx
Attachments: 16 Days- BN.docx

See the 16 Days briefing – I’m happy to share a little more about this via the phone.

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 6, 2018 1:05 PM
To: 'Evelyne Guindon'
Cc: 'Masha Devoe'; 'Kelli Farr'
Subject: RE: Vancouver - Week of January 14

Hi Evelynne,

Thanks very much for the note. I'm so glad to hear that all continues to go well.

I will check on the Premiers schedule that week and get back to you soon.

Many thanks,
Mira

From: Evelynne Guindon <eGuindon@womendeliver.org>
Sent: Monday, November 5, 2018 3:27 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Masha Devoe <mdevoe@womendeliver.org>; Kelli Farr <kfarr@womendeliver.org>
Subject: Vancouver - Week of January 14

Dear Mira,

Hope all is well and that you are even perhaps counting the days to the Women Deliver 2019 conference (209 days to be precise)!

I'm writing to confirm that Katja and I along with several colleagues, including Kelli Farr, Conference Manager, will be in Vancouver the week of January 14th. The schedule is still taking shape but we will be meeting with members of the Indigenous Advisory Circle; the great leaders organizing the Indigenous pre-conference; stakeholders in BC who are mobilizing in advance so we can give them a lift and much more. I'll fill you in once details are set.

A very important opportunity is to touch base with the Premier if it is feasible during that week. It would be good to have a face to face meeting to provide an update on how the conference is shaping up. Let me know if this is feasible. I've copied in Masha Devoe who manages Katja Iversen's office and will be supporting the development of this schedule. Let us know your thoughts on key stakeholders we should meet if you have any recommendations. In the meantime, I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing you again early in the new year.

Warmly
Evelyne

Evelyne Guindon
Managing Director, External Relations
Women Deliver
588 Broadway Suite 905
New York, NY 10012 USA
Cell: +1 613 808 2764
Skype: eguindon@6820
Email: eguindon@womendeliver.org



Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 11, 2018 2:57 PM
To: Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX; Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX; Lloyd, Evan GCPE:EX
Cc: Aaron, Sage PREM:EX; Viaud, Chantille PREM:EX; Nancy McHarg; 'James Hoggan'
Subject: Tuesday meeting

Hi, all –

I'm writing to confirm a meeting on Tuesday morning (9-11am) in Victoria on stakeholder/validator engagement for the climate plan. My hope is that we can review the bones of the plan with Jim and Nancy, discuss engagement to date and develop a plan for the next few weeks, working back from the announcement. I will gather all of the potential validators discussed so far in advance for our discussion at the meeting.

Specific location for the meeting to follow.

Please let me know (directly) if you are able to join.

Thank you,
Mira

Mira Oreck, Director of Stakeholder Relations
Office of the Premier
#740 – 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC
604 839 1967

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 11, 2018 3:20 PM
To: Hewitt, Jeremy IGRS:EX; Lloyd, Evan GCPE:EX
Cc: Kouri, Rosa GCPE:EX; Yuma Morisho, Okenge PREM:EX; Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX; Maranda, Pierrette IGRS:EX
Subject: RE: BC and International Climate Efforts

Jeremy,

This is really helpful and very good news. Thanks so much for sharing it all – I will definitely be in touch this week.

Many thanks again,
Mira

From: Hewitt, Jeremy IGRS:EX
Sent: Friday, November 9, 2018 5:07 PM
To: Lloyd, Evan GCPE:EX <Evan.Lloyd@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>; Kouri, Rosa GCPE:EX <Rosa.Kouri@gov.bc.ca>; Yuma Morisho, Okenge PREM:EX <Okenge.YumaMorisho@gov.bc.ca>; Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX <Bobbi.Plecas@gov.bc.ca>; Maranda, Pierrette IGRS:EX <Pierrette.Maranda@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: BC and International Climate Efforts

Hi Evan,

Thanks for reaching out. IGRS can certainly support efforts to enlist international validators. Here is a snapshot of what's taken place so far:

1. Bobbi and I discussed this with representatives from the s.13,s.16

s.13 All were supportive and optimistic about their respective Governors offering a supportive quote.
s.13,s.16

s.13,s.16

4. The Climate Action Secretariat, with support from IGRS, is compiling the list of international partners and organizations that we could seek support from. The list on the webpage you sent closely mirrors the groups they are reaching out to.

5. Okenge will be contacting key consulates/embassies on the day of the release.

6. CAS has sought input from Ministries across Government and has developed a master stakeholder list that includes int'l govt partners.

7. Premier is speaking with s.13,s.16

s.13
g s.13,s.16

s.13,s.16

s.13,s.16

s.13,s.16

I hope the above is helpful. Perhaps a next step is for a group of us to discuss to make sure our plans align with what you and Mira envision.

Many thanks,

Jeremy

On Nov 9, 2018, at 11:53 AM, Lloyd, Evan GCPE:EX <Evan.Lloyd@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

Wondering if you could help us out a bit with respect to the development of stakeholder outreach and engagement around the Dec 5 roll out of our climate action plan "CleanBC"?

Specifically we are interested in engagement with and possible participation of, or validation by, some of our key international partners.

s.13,s.16

I am copying Mira Oreck on this as she is leading the work on assembling and engaging various other national and international validators.

Your thoughts and suggestions are most appreciated!

EVAN LLOYD

Deputy Minister,

Government Communications and Public Engagement – GCPE

evan.lloyd@gov.bc.ca

250 812 9153

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 14, 2018 11:03 AM
To: 'Sarah Santos'
Subject: RE: Parent letter
Attachments: Scan_20181114.pdf

Hi Sarah,

See attached.

All the best,
Mira

-----Original Message-----

From: Sarah Santos <sarah@froghollow.bc.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:47 AM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: Parent letter

Hi Mira,

Is there anyway you can scan the letter to us. My director would like a copy?

Thank you!

Sarah Santos

Daycare Coordinator

Frog Hollow Satellite Daycare

3260 East Broadway

Vancouver BC, V5M 1Z8

604-252-2918

Sarah@froghollow.bc.ca

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX [Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca]
Sent: November 9, 2018 8:06 PM
To: Sarah Santos
Subject: Re: Parent letter

Hi Sarah -

Thank you so much. I really appreciate you getting right back to me. The reaction from the parent is really beautiful and was very moving for the Premier and for all of us.

All the best,
Mira

Mira Oreck
604 839 1967

> On Nov 9, 2018, at 4:40 PM, Sarah Santos <sarah@froghollow.bc.ca> wrote:
>
> Hi Mira,
>
> This is Sarah from Frog Hollow Satellite daycare. I'm emailing you regarding the card/letter that one of our parents wrote. I have obtained the consent from the parent for you to use her letter.
>
> Also can you please scan the card and send it to us as well.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Hope you have a great weekend.
>
> Sarah
>
>
>
>
> Sarah Santos
>
> Daycare Coordinator
>
> Frog Hollow Satellite Daycare
>
> 3260 East Broadway
>
> Vancouver BC, V5M 1Z8
>
> 604-252-2918
>
> Sarah@froghollow.bc.ca

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 15, 2018 10:44 AM
To: 'Olga Stachova'
Subject: RE: Invitation: Join Premier Horgan and PS Dean for a discussion on gender-based violence

Hi Olga,

Great to hear from you.

I'm so glad to hear that MOSAIC is able to participate, and it sounds like Ninu would add exceptional experience to the conversation. I'll connect with Charlotte about it but am perfectly comfortable with it myself.

It would be great to connect with you in the weeks ahead hear how the new(ish) role is going.

All the best,
Mira

From: Olga Stachova <ostachova@mosaicbc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:16 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FW: Invitation: Join Premier Horgan and PS Dean for a discussion on gender-based violence

Dear Mira,

It is great to re-connect. We had the opportunity to meet at the National Women's Retreat in Victoria earlier this year, I was just about to start my new role as CEO of MOSAIC.

MOSAIC has received an invitation from Charlotte and we would love to participate in the discussion. I have sent the response below to Charlotte and, given that she is out of the office, I am forwarding this to you in case it is urgent.
With kind regards,
Olga

From: Olga Stachova
Sent: November 14, 2018 2:07 PM
To: 'Charlotte.Kingston@gov.bc.ca' <Charlotte.Kingston@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Vania Ganacheva <vganacheva@mosaicbc.org>; Ninu Kang <nkang@mosaicbc.org>
Subject: RE: Invitation: Join Premier Horgan and PS Dean for a discussion on gender-based violence

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you very much for inviting us to share our thoughts around preventing gender-based violence. We would be thrilled to participate. Ninu Kang has over 27 years of experience in developing and delivering anti-violence programs, including Stopping the Violence Counselling programs for women and Respectful Relationship programs for men at MOSAIC. She has been involved with many research projects focusing on preventing violence against immigrant and refugee women, including "The Safety of Immigrant, Refugee, and Non-Status Women Project" with Ending Violence Association of BC. She is a member of the Community Coordination of Women's Safety (CCWS) in BC. In 2017, Ninu was selected as one of 150 women leaders to address gender equity from across Canada with Status of Women Canada.

Vania will be able to set up an initial phone call with Ninu.

Thank you, again, for including us. And please do not hesitate to call upon us in the future if we can be of assistance with our expertise around successful integration of newcomers and empowerment of newcomers to fully participate in all aspects of our society.

With kind regards,
Olga



Olga Stachova

Chief Executive Officer

M.O.S.A.I.C.

5575 Boundary Road, Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9

T 604 254 9626 ext. 1111 F 604 254 3932

www.mosaicbc.org

[Facebook](#) | [Twitter](#) | [YouTube](#)

Confidentiality Notice: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed in the header, and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message immediately and permanently from your systems.

Together we are empowering newcomers to fully participate in Canadian society. [Give today!](#)



From: Kingston, Charlotte PREM:EX [<mailto:Charlotte.Kingston@gov.bc.ca>]

Sent: November-13-18 1:41 PM

To: Vania Ganacheva

Subject: Invitation: Join Premier Horgan and PS Dean for a discussion on gender-based violence

Hi Vania,

Please pass this invitation along to Olga. Feel free to be in touch if you have any questions.
Thanks, Charlotte

Dear Olga,

Please find attached an invitation from Premier John Horgan and Parliamentary Secretary for Gender Equity Mitzi Dean for a representative from MOSAIC to join them for a meeting on Monday, November 26 to discuss gender-based violence. In particular, it would be great to have a representative who has worked on the "Stopping the Violence"

project with women and children who is able to speak to the specific ways in which immigrants, refugees, and multicultural communities experience and work to combat gender-based violence.

The meeting will mark the beginning of the BC Government's participation in the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence campaign. The Premier and the Parliamentary Secretary are inviting a small group of community leaders for an intimate discussion on how communities experience gender-based violence, how your work aims to counteract it, and how the Government of BC can be an ally in the fight to end gender-based violence. The meeting will end with a brief press availability by the Premier and Parliamentary Secretary kicking off the government's public campaign to end gender-based violence.

If you are able to send a representative to participate in the meeting with Premier Horgan and Parliamentary Secretary Dean from 12:00-1:00pm on Monday, November 26 please let me know as soon as possible.

I'd love to connect over the phone on Tuesday, November 13th or Friday, November 16 to discuss details for the meeting. Please let me know if there is a good time for you on either of those days to connect over the phone, and please provide the best number to reach you at.

Talk soon,
Charlotte

Charlotte Kingston,
Manager of Stakeholder Relations
Office of the Premier
Mobile: 604-816-7207

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 16, 2018 9:49 PM
To: French, Shawna IRR:EX
Cc: Bain, Don PREM:EX; Van Meer-Mass, Kate PREM:EX
Subject: updated meeting doc
Attachments: Copy of Copy of Premiers Office - FNLG 1-1 Meetings_MO.xlsx

Hi Shawna,

Please find the updated meeting document attached. We'd like to review it again once it is updated to make sure we haven't added more meetings to the Premiers plate than he can logistically do. Please also let us know if you have any questions about the choices.

Many thanks,
Mira

Mira Oreck, Director of Stakeholder Relations
Office of the Premier
#740 – 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC
604 839 1967

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 19, 2018 12:33 PM
To: 'Dan Woynillowicz'; Sanderson, Melissa EMPR:EX
Subject: RE: Validators for tomorrow's announcement

Super helpful. Thank you so much, Dan.

From: Dan Woynillowicz <dan@cleanenergycanada.org>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 12:30 PM
To: Sanderson, Melissa EMPR:EX <Melissa.Sanderson@gov.bc.ca>; Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Validators for tomorrow's announcement

Hi Melissa & Mira,

If you're looking to line up validators/supporters for your ZEV announcement tomorrow, the following organizations/individuals made a joint submission to the intentions papers consultation recommending the adoption of a ZEV mandate.

Tesla - Iain Myrans imyrans@tesla.com
City of Vancouver – Doug Smith doug.smith@vancouver.ca & Matt Horne Matt.Horne@vancouver.ca
David Suzuki Foundation - Patricia Lightburn pLightburn@davidsuzuki.org & Ian Bruce ibruce@davidsuzuki.org
Innergex Renewable Energy - Colleen Giroux-Schmidt CGSchmidt@innergex.com
Pembina Institute - Karen Tam Wu karentw@pembina.org
Naikun Wind Energy - Michael O'Connor MOConnor@naikun.ca by way of Katie Shaw kshaw@globalpublic.com
Modo - Patrick Nangle <patrick@modo.coop>;
Renewable Cities @ SFU - Keane Gruending Keane.gruending@renewablecities.ca
Vancouver Economic Commission - Juvarya Veltkamp jveltkamp@vancouvereconomic.com
Autochargers.ca - Gleb Nikiforov gleb@autochargers.ca
Clean Energy BC Association - Jae Mather Jae.Mather@cleanenergybc.org
Sustainable Transportation Action Research Team (START) @ SFU - Jonn Axsen axsen@gmail.com
Vancouver EV Association - Bruce Sharpe bruce.sharpe@veva.ca
Movmi Shared Transportation Services - Sandra Phillips sandra@movmi.net

Regardless, after the announcement I'll be reaching out to all of them to share our media statement. Also, just FYI if useful, UBCM passed a resolution in support of a ZEV mandate this fall: UBCM Resolution | B131 Zero Emission Vehicle Mandate, *Endorsed at the 2018 UBCM Annual Convention*.

If anything I can do to help further, let me know.

Cheers
Dan

--

Dan Woynillowicz

Policy Director

250.888.3404 | [@DanWoy](#) | cleanenergycanada.org



MORRIS J. WOSK
CENTRE FOR DIALOGUE

For the week's top news and analysis, check out [Clean Energy Review](#)

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 19, 2018 12:43 PM
To: Hockin, Amber PREM:EX
Subject: files

Hi Amber –

Following up on last weeks text re files. Below is a list of what's on my plate currently. I will acknowledge that like most of us, this shifts frequently:

- FNLC – liaise with the Ministry and FNLC
- Climate rollout – stakeholder/validator engagement (before/day of/after plan is released)
- 16 Days of Activism on Gender based violence – roundtable with related organizations with PJH
- Community relations (variety of communities – both proactive and reactive relationship management)
- Childcare (by way of Chantille)
- Regularly liaising with MA's in support of stakeholder plans/relationship management

I hope this is helpful.

Mira

Mira Oreck, Director of Stakeholder Relations
Office of the Premier
#740 – 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC
604 839 1967

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 20, 2018 1:51 PM
To: 'Dan Woynillowicz'
Cc: 'Merran Smith'
Subject: RE: Suggested public health validators

Super – thank you.

From: Dan Woynillowicz <dan@cleanenergycanada.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 11:06 AM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Merran Smith <merran@cleanenergycanada.org>
Subject: Suggested public health validators

Hi Mira,

Here are 3 potential validators who would be solid (all affiliated with the Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment)—I think Melissa & Willow in particular would be fantastic. I think you could secure comments on both climate (e.g. forest fire smoke) & general pollution impacts on health (e.g. smog, asthma). If not for the announcement itself, or in addition to it, a follow-up event/announcement with Minister Dix could be great.

Dr. Melissa Lem

CAPE Board Member, Vancouver, B.C.

Dr. Melissa Lem is a Vancouver-based family physician who also works in rural and remote communities across Canada. A passionate advocate for the health benefits of time spent in nature, her writings on the environment and human well-being have been published by national media and non-profit environmental organizations including the CBC, David Suzuki Foundation, Evergreen and Alternatives Journal. Currently a senior writer for the CBC, she was the resident medical expert on CBC TV's hit lifestyle show *Steven and Chris* for four seasons and continues to educate diverse audiences on air.

Willow Thicksen

CAPE Board Member

Medical Student, University of British Columbia

Willow Thicksen is an Anishinaabe/Cree/Metis medical student currently studying at the University of British Columbia. She is on student council as the Aboriginal health representative, and is helping develop an EcoHealth club/movement towards divestment at UBC. The destruction of the land and water, as well as the deteriorating climate conditions, affect Indigenous people disproportionately. Something she is acutely aware of as she grew up in treaty 8 territory – home of the oil/tar sands. This knowledge of disparity fuels her to create change as she feels there is an obligation to leave a healthy environment for future generations.

Dr. Larry Barzelai

CAPE Board Member

Vancouver, BC

Dr. Larry Barzelai is a family doctor in Vancouver and is the head of CAPE's B.C. chapter.

Cheers
Dan

--

Dan Woynillowicz

Policy Director

250.888.3404 | [@DanWoy](#) | cleanenergycanada.org



For the week's top news and analysis, check out [Clean Energy Review](#)

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 20, 2018 4:40 PM
To: Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX; Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX
Subject: roadmap

Climate Announcement Road Map

Date	Organization	Role	Comment
November 22	Validators & Climate Council	Save the Date for announcement (and briefing)	
November 26	PO calls to specific Climate Council members	check-in	
November 28	Climate Council	Briefing (phone)	DM's - dry-run of technical briefing?
December 3 (11am)	ENGO's	In person Roundtable (VCO)	Minister
December 3	Validators (10-12)	In-person technical briefing (VCO)	DM's and Minister to do briefing (plus MS)
December 3	Weaver climate science list	in-person/phone briefing (location?)	DM's - CAS (MS?)
December 4	Internal	Validator quotes and backgrounder	Mira
December 5	Media	Technical briefing	DM's
December 5 (noon)	PJH	Announcement	
December 5 (1pm)	Validators B	Media interviews	(media room required, with printer and branding)
December 5 & 6	International validators	Personal calls and emails	IGRS, DM's, PO, Hoggan
December 6 - onwards	validators	Collect quotes/endorsements online & in media	GCPE

Note: Validators A (10-12 key spokespeople; also attending briefing); Validators B (people who provide quotes for media backgrounder and potentially speak to media); National - International Validators (anyone outside of BC)

Mira Oreck, Director of Stakeholder Relations
Office of the Premier
#740 – 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC
604 839 1967

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 20, 2018 5:13 PM
To: Devereux, Rick GCPE:EX; Lloyd, Evan GCPE:EX; Meggs, Geoff PREM:EX; Aaron, Sage PREM:EX
Cc: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX; Viaud, Chantille PREM:EX
Subject: RE: climate update

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the note. My answers are below in red. We now have a roadmap developed from tomorrow to Dec 6th which I just shared with Bobbi and which I will edit and send to others tonight.

Heading out, but back online in a few hours if you have questions.

Thanks, all.

From: Devereux, Rick GCPE:EX
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 4:45 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>; Lloyd, Evan GCPE:EX <Evan.Lloyd@gov.bc.ca>; Meggs, Geoff PREM:EX <Geoff.Meggs@gov.bc.ca>; Aaron, Sage PREM:EX <Sage.Aaron@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX <Caelie.Frampton@gov.bc.ca>; Viaud, Chantille PREM:EX <Chantille.Viaud@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: climate update

Hi Mira,

Just wanted to confirm a few things about the validators:

- Your list of the audience will be 100 people or close enough to it that we do not need to find further people to fill out the room, assuming we need 80-100 to fill it? Correct. My team has put together an audience list of approx. 150 which we will get down to approx. 80. We can always invite more if we need/want to depending on RSVP's. Key validators and the climate council are going to be sent a Save the Date by the end of this week.
- No huge rush on this, but can you let me know who among that list you would want to be made available to the media afterwards in the next room? We are working on a list of key validators who will receive a technical briefing in advance (at VCO, a couple of days prior) in part so they are prepared the day of, but also so they can provide us with a quote in advance for a media backgrounder. This includes ENGO's, business, academics and First Nations. (For everyone's knowledge this list is coming together my team, Hoggan, Dave Nik, Bobbie and Caelie) They are likely to be the main validators, but we are also working on lists of at least 30-50 others who we will be approaching for quotes.
- Are you able to suggest a good enviro, youth and business validator from the list to potentially speak at the outset of the event? To be clear, this would be three different people. Yes we are working on this. We also have another idea of how to introduce the event, which I'll share with others in a separate email. This came, in part, from my meeting with Merran today
- Just wondering on the decision making process for a technical briefing. We should have a venue confirmed tomorrow and I want to make sure that whoever is deciding about that communicates any needed elements to me. I just spoke to Bobbi. There will be a technical briefing prior (there will be several but one the day of for media) – if the venue allows it to be onsite, that would be ideal in my view. We will also want/need a media room to follow – my only hope is that it can also be branded.

Thanks
Rick

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 4:16 PM
To: Lloyd, Evan GCPE:EX; Meggs, Geoff PREM:EX; Aaron, Sage PREM:EX; Devereux, Rick GCPE:EX
Cc: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX; Viaud, Chantille PREM:EX
Subject: climate update

Hi, everyone

Below is a brief update from our meeting this morning with Hoggan regarding the climate plan rollout.

- We have a tiered list of validators in the works that includes local, national and international people from a variety of key sectors (economists, enviro, business, labour, youth, faith, health, local govt, media, etc). From that list, we will determine ideal spokespeople from each sector for tier 1.
- My team is developing an audience list for the day-of announcement. I intend this to include leadership positions from a variety of sectors and cultural communities
- We have identified some key policy challenges that need to be sorted in advance of having conversations/confirmation of how key stakeholders will respond to the plan. Caelie has identified these issues and flagged them for Geoff.^{s.13}
- s.13
- s.13 I will schedule a meeting a follow up meeting to make sure we are in alignment. They had some very good suggestions that I think we should keep in mind.
- We are still in discussion as to when/where we hold a technical briefing, but are clear that we plan to have a space for validators to provide quotes to media following the announcement/speech
- One outstanding question: is the plan going to be translated? If not, I think it's critical we translate the exec summary in addition of course to the press release.

FYI: I'm meeting with Merran on Tuesday to discuss the rollout further.

Thanks everyone,
Mira & Caelie

Mira Oreck, Director of Stakeholder Relations
Office of the Premier
#740 – 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC
604 839 1967

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 21, 2018 10:30 AM
To: French, Shawna IRR:EX
Cc: Van Meer-Mass, Kate PREM:EX
Subject: RE: FNLG

First of all, good for her! I love that she asked.

It would be helpful to find out a little more about her from Okenge before taking this to the Premier. If you haven't already done so, I'm happy to. And then Kate, great if you can put it in front of PJH.

Tx.

From: French, Shawna IRR:EX
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:16 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Van Meer-Mass, Kate PREM:EX <Kate.VanMeer-Mass@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FW: FNLG

Hi Mira,

What are your thoughts on this? Can she sit in on PJH's 1:1 meetings? Or maybe Don or Geoff's?

Thanks,

Shawna French

Director, Executive Operations
Deputy Ministers Office
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

5th Floor - 2957 Jutland
Victoria BC
Phone: 778 974-2096
Cell: 250-213-7671
[mailto: Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)

From: Webber, Kimberly IGRS:EX
Sent: November 20, 2018 1:04 PM
To: French, Shawna IRR:EX <Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FNLG

Hello,

My name is Kim Webber and I am an Indigenous Youth Intern at the Intergovernmental Relations Secretariat. I have been approved by my Deputy Minister, Okenge Yuma Morisho, to attend FNLG. But, he is unable to attend with me. It looks as though I will be attending alone, as others in my office are unable to attend as well. In the email I received from the Indigenous Youth Internship Program staff there was an attachment of a "DM to DM Memo" regarding this gathering which stated that "Interns are encouraged to attend one-on-one meetings with their Ministry's Minister." My Minister is the Premier, and if possible, I would still like to attend those meetings, even if my DM is unable to attend. I

was wondering if you knew how I would go about being able to attend these meetings? I have been unable to get a clear answer from anyone in my office, and my supervisor is away on vacation at this time.

Thank you for your time,
Kim Webber

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 21, 2018 12:02 PM
To: Van Meer-Mass, Kate PREM:EX
Subject: RE: Clean Energy BC Conference

Thanks, Kate. I've been working with Clean Energy Canada (not BC, which really confusingly is not the same org). I can find out.

From: Van Meer-Mass, Kate PREM:EX
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 9:47 AM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Clean Energy BC Conference

The Premier had previously indicated that he may want to "stop in" at the Clean Energy BC conference next Wednesday. Before I speak to him about what exactly that means I know you have been doing work with them on the Climate launch and do not want him to step into a room that may present a challenge to that. Please advise if you have any flags.

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 21, 2018 12:15 PM
To: Bain, Don PREM:EX
Subject: Fwd: PO meetings still needing direction
Attachments: Premier Horgan.pdf; ATT00001.htm; Remaining PO meetings for direction.xlsx; ATT00002.htm

See attached, which has new meeting requests and ministry recommendations.

Mira Oreck
604 839 1967

Begin forwarded message:

From: "French, Shawna IRR:EX" <Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca>
Date: November 21, 2018 at 12:04:39 PM PST
To: "Oreck, Mira PREM:EX" <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FW: PO meetings still needing direction

Shawna French

Director, Executive Operations
Deputy Ministers Office
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

5th Floor - 2957 Jutland
Victoria BC
Phone: 778 974-2096
Cell: 250-213-7671
[mailto: Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)

From: Howie, Matthew IRR:EX
Sent: November 21, 2018 11:07 AM
To: French, Shawna IRR:EX <Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Howie, Matthew IRR:EX <Matthew.Howie@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: PO meetings still needing direction
Importance: High

The first six meetings (highlighted in red) are the new requests since we first sent the PO the list last weekend.

In the interest of time, I scheduled all of those new meetings based on staff advice—except for Mahalat, for which I don't yet have advice. The PO lead attendees with whom I scheduled the new meetings are listed in column M. Two of those new meetings were strongly recommended for PJH (TNG and Lax Kw'alaams). I can swap any of those meetings if the PO wants.

The three meetings at the bottom were on the original list and exec-recommend for PJH to take but the PO wanted more advice before committing to PJH taking the meeting. I sent the PO Doug/Tom's advice a few days ago:

It's okay for Geoff/Don to take Secwepemc but PJH should take Cheslatta and SDNA.

I haven't scheduled those three meetings yet because the PO might decide to give one or more of them to PJH. With these three meetings plus Malahat, that's four PO meetings yet to be scheduled.

PJH has 25 meetings scheduled, with 5 breaks.

Matthew Howie
First Nations Leaders' Gathering Meeting Coordinator
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation
Phone: 778-974-2080

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 21, 2018 12:20 PM
To: Bain, Don PREM:EX
Subject: FW: PO meetings still needing direction
Attachments: Premier Horgan.pdf; Remaining PO meetings for direction.xlsx

Importance: High

Review this one, please.

From: French, Shawna IRR:EX
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 12:20 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Howie, Matthew IRR:EX <Matthew.Howie@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FW: PO meetings still needing direction
Importance: High

Use this version. It has malahat included.

If we were to include our recommended meetings for PJH with Lax & TNG that would put him at 25 total meetings with 5 breaks. We have also recommended Cheslatta & SDNA, and if we add those in he's got 3 breaks and 27 meetings.

I also want to flag Simpcw hasn't requested a PO meeting yet, but Doug advised it will likely happen and if it does get requested we would strongly advise PJH take it...Don Wright raised it to Doug today and wanted to make sure that chief had a political audience.

Thanks,

Shawna French

Director, Executive Operations
Deputy Ministers Office
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

5th Floor - 2957 Jutland
Victoria BC
Phone: 778 974-2096
Cell: 250-213-7671
[mailto: Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)

From: Howie, Matthew IRR:EX
Sent: November 21, 2018 11:07 AM
To: French, Shawna IRR:EX <Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Howie, Matthew IRR:EX <Matthew.Howie@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: PO meetings still needing direction
Importance: High

The first six meetings (highlighted in red) are the new requests since we first sent the PO the list last weekend.

In the interest of time, I scheduled all of those new meetings based on staff advice—except for Mahalat, for which I don't yet have advice. The PO lead attendees with whom I scheduled the new meetings are listed in column M. Two of

those new meetings were strongly recommended for PJH (TNG and Lax Kw'alaaams). I can swap any of those meetings if the PO wants.

The three meetings at the bottom were on the original list and exec-recommend for PJH to take but the PO wanted more advice before committing to PJH taking the meeting. I sent the PO Doug/Tom's advice a few days ago:

It's okay for Geoff/Don to take Secwepemc but PJH should take Cheslatta and SDNA.

I haven't scheduled those three meetings yet because the PO might decide to give one or more of them to PJH. With these three meetings plus Malahat, that's four PO meetings yet to be scheduled.

PJH has 25 meetings scheduled, with 5 breaks.

Matthew Howie
First Nations Leaders' Gathering Meeting Coordinator
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation
Phone: 778-974-2080

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 21, 2018 12:27 PM
To: Viaud, Chantille PREM:EX
Subject: FW: Businesses lunch info
Attachments: 18-10 BC business for clean energy-v2.pdf

Pls add businesses who are sponsoring.

From: Karen Tam Wu <karentw@pembina.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:51 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Businesses lunch info

Hi Mira,

Here's the save the date we sent out, and I've attached a draft primer on what the Businesses for Clean Economy is all about.

Dear Karen,

Businesses for a Clean Economy has organized our first event where we will provide an opportunity to hear an update on climate policy in B.C. from a member of the Climate Solutions and Clean Growth Advisory Council. We will also provide an opportunity to hear from business leaders on how climate action has helped their business innovate and grow. This is a great opportunity to meet other likeminded businesses in B.C. who are firm believers that strong climate policy will build a resilient business economy for B.C.

Please mark the date in your calendars. More details to follow.

Sincerely,
Karen Tam Wu

Karen Tam Wu, RPF
Managing Director, B.C. | Pembina Institute
karentw@pembina.org | c: 778-846-5647
610-55 Water St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1A1

Vancity



INNERGEX
Renewable Energy
Sustainable Development



BUSINESSES FOR B.C.'S CLEAN ECONOMY

INVITES YOU TO OUR 1ST LUNCHEON



SAVE THE DATE: NOVEMBER 28, 2018

PEMBINA
institute

Karen Tam Wu, RPF
Managing Director, British Columbia | Pembina Institute
karentw@pembina.org | c: 778-846-5647
Suite 610, 55 Water Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 1A1
www.pembina.org

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 21, 2018 12:30 PM
To: Viaud, Chantille PREM:EX
Subject: FW: Follow up
Attachments: climate-leadership-in-building-sector-re2.pdf; ATT00001.htm

More here.

From: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 11:22 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Fwd: Follow up

Potential stakeholders in the buildings sector...

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Karen Tam Wu <karentw@pembina.org>
Date: November 16, 2018 at 8:46:02 PM PST
To: "Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX" <Caelie.Frampton@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Follow up

Hi Caelie,
Good to catch up. See page two of attached, in particular the industry associations and manufacturers.
Let me know if you want to coordinate or need intros.

The steering committee members of the Businesses for a Clean Rconomy initiative are: Arcteryx, Climate Smart, Innergex, Insurance Bureau of Canada, and VanCity.

I got an email from your DComm and will send him the info.

Have a great weekend,
K

Karen Tam Wu, RPF
Managing Director, British Columbia | Pembina Institute
karentw@pembina.org | c: 778-846-5647
Suite 610, 55 Water Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 1A1

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 21, 2018 1:43 PM
To: Bain, Don PREM:EX; Van Meer-Mass, Kate PREM:EX
Subject: FW: PO meetings still needing direction
Attachments: Premier Horgan.pdf; Remaining PO meetings for direction.xlsx

Importance: High

We need final answers on these today. I spoke to Shawna about it this morning.

Kate or Don, are you able to manage this today?

Also, can we double check that we agreed to meet with the modern treaty alliance? I had understood otherwise but they have us as confirmed for PJH.

Tx.

From: French, Shawna IRR:EX
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 12:20 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Howie, Matthew IRR:EX <Matthew.Howie@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FW: PO meetings still needing direction
Importance: High

Use this version. It has malahat included.

If we were to include our recommended meetings for PJH with Lax & TNG that would put him at 25 total meetings with 5 breaks. We have also recommended Cheslatta & SDNA, and if we add those in he's got 3 breaks and 27 meetings.

I also want to flag Simpcw hasn't requested a PO meeting yet, but Doug advised it will likely happen and if it does get requested we would strongly advise PJH take it...Don Wright raised it to Doug today and wanted to make sure that chief had a political audience.

Thanks,

Shawna French

Director, Executive Operations
Deputy Ministers Office
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

5th Floor - 2957 Jutland
Victoria BC
Phone: 778 974-2096
Cell: 250-213-7671
[mailto: Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)

From: Howie, Matthew IRR:EX
Sent: November 21, 2018 11:07 AM
To: French, Shawna IRR:EX <Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Howie, Matthew IRR:EX <Matthew.Howie@gov.bc.ca>

Subject: PO meetings still needing direction

Importance: High

The first six meetings (highlighted in red) are the new requests since we first sent the PO the list last weekend.

In the interest of time, I scheduled all of those new meetings based on staff advice—except for Mahalat, for which I don't yet have advice. The PO lead attendees with whom I scheduled the new meetings are listed in column M. Two of those new meetings were strongly recommended for PJH (TNG and Lax Kw'alaams). I can swap any of those meetings if the PO wants.

The three meetings at the bottom were on the original list and exec-recommend for PJH to take but the PO wanted more advice before committing to PJH taking the meeting. I sent the PO Doug/Tom's advice a few days ago:

It's okay for Geoff/Don to take Secwepemc but PJH should take Cheslatta and SDNA.

I haven't scheduled those three meetings yet because the PO might decide to give one or more of them to PJH. With these three meetings plus Malahat, that's four PO meetings yet to be scheduled.

PJH has 25 meetings scheduled, with 5 breaks.

Matthew Howie

First Nations Leaders' Gathering Meeting Coordinator

Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

Phone: 778-974-2080

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 21, 2018 4:35 PM
To: Viaud, Chantille PREM:EX
Subject: Fwd: National and International list
Attachments: Climate Thought Leaders.docx; ATT00001.htm

Mira Oreck
604 839 1967

Begin forwarded message:

From: Nancy McHarg <nmcharg@hoggan.com>
Date: November 21, 2018 at 1:50:11 PM PST
To: Mira Oreck <mira.oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: National and International list

Hi Mira,

Here is the national and international list — for discussion and addition to our google doc.

Nancy

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 22, 2018 7:38 AM
To: Bain, Don PREM:EX; Van Meer-Mass, Kate PREM:EX
Subject: Fwd: Alliance of Nations
Attachments: Copy of Copy of Premiers Office - FNLG 1-1 Meetings_MO.xlsx; ATT00001.htm

I'll go back to my notes today re alliance. And then I think we need to check with PJH. Otherwise sounds like things are very close. Thank goodness

Mira Oreck
604 839 1967

Begin forwarded message:

From: "French, Shawna IRR:EX" <Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca>
Date: November 21, 2018 at 10:56:21 PM PST
To: "Oreck, Mira PREM:EX" <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FW: Alliance of Nations

Sorry this is so late. Here's the original direction. Matt is still working on updating all the Ministry/PO changes but will flip to you shortly. TNG is not attending anymore (at the chief level) so we're going to take that meeting off PJH's schedule – that will free up another spot for now.

The alliance meeting is joint with MSF so let us know if that changes...but Matt will need to know by am as we're sending delegates their schedules tomorrow am

Shawna French

Director, Executive Operations
Deputy Ministers Office
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation

5th Floor - 2957 Jutland
Victoria BC
Phone: 778 974-2096
Cell: 250-213-7671
[mailto: Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca](mailto:Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca)

From: Howie, Matthew IRR:EX
Sent: November 21, 2018 4:18 PM
To: French, Shawna IRR:EX <Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Alliance of Nations
Importance: High

Here's the original advice Mira sent. The advice for the Alliance meeting is joint with PJH and MSF.

Matthew Howie
First Nations Leaders' Gathering Meeting Coordinator
Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation
Phone: 778-974-2080

From: French, Shawna IRR:EX
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 10:04 PM
To: Howie, Matthew IRR:EX
Subject: Fwd: updated meeting doc

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

----- Original message -----

From: "Oreck, Mira PREM:EX" <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Date: 2018-11-16 9:48 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: "French, Shawna IRR:EX" <Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: "Bain, Don PREM:EX" <Don.Bain@gov.bc.ca>, "Van Meer-Mass, Kate PREM:EX" <Kate.VanMeer-Mass@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: updated meeting doc

Hi Shawna,

Please find the updated meeting document attached. We'd like to review it again once it is updated to make sure we haven't added more meetings to the Premiers plate than he can logistically do. Please also let us know if you have any questions about the choices.

Many thanks,
Mira

Mira Oreck, Director of Stakeholder Relations
Office of the Premier
#740 – 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC
604 839 1967

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 22, 2018 2:59 PM
To: Crebo, David GCPE:EX
Cc: Kouri, Rosa GCPE:EX; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX
Subject: RE: outreach to communications staff for metro vancouver local governments

Really great, thanks. Will definitely add to the plan.

From: Crebo, David GCPE:EX
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2018 2:49 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Kouri, Rosa GCPE:EX <Rosa.Kouri@gov.bc.ca>; Zadravec, Don GCPE:EX <Don.Zadravec@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Fwd: outreach to communications staff for metro vancouver local governments

This may be of interest for you, Mira.

Dave Crebo
Communications Director
Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy.
(250) 812-5747 (cell)

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX" <Bobbi.Plecas@gov.bc.ca>
Date: November 22, 2018 at 8:04:48 AM PST
To: "Crebo, David GCPE:EX" <David.Crebo@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: "matt.horne@vancouver.ca" <matt.horne@vancouver.ca>, "Cameron, Tara D ENV:EX" <Tara.Cameron@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Fwd: outreach to communications staff for metro vancouver local governments

Dave

A welcome offer from Matt. I'll leave it to your office to follow up and let me know how the discussion goes.

Thanks,
Bobbi

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Horne, Matt" <Matt.Horne@vancouver.ca>
Date: November 19, 2018 at 6:10:48 PM PST
To: "Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX" <Bobbi.Plecas@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: "Turnbull, Alexandra" <Alexandra.Turnbull@vancouver.ca>
Subject: outreach to communications staff for metro vancouver local governments

Hi Bobbi,

If your team is interested in having a conversation with senior communications staff from Metro Vancouver local governments as part of your outreach strategy for the updated climate plan, my colleague Alexandra Turnbull (cc'd) would be happy to help arrange. I think this would be a useful audience to explain your communications approach when you're ready as I expect many of Metro's municipalities will be interested in helping share those messages.

Best,

Matt

Matt Horne | Climate Policy Manager

Sustainability Group | City of Vancouver

City Hall, 7th Floor | 453 West 12th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Y 1V4

T: 604.673.8331

Stay up-to-date with the [Greenest City e-newsletter](#)

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 27, 2018 11:52 AM
To: 'Ian Bruce'; Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX
Cc: Patricia Lightburn
Subject: RE: DSF social media: BC will intervene in Sask legal challenge of national carbon pricing system

Thanks so much for posting and sharing with us.
Mira

From: Ian Bruce <ibruce@davidsuzuki.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 11:11 AM
To: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX <Caelie.Frampton@gov.bc.ca>; Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Patricia Lightburn <pLightburn@davidsuzuki.org>
Subject: DSF social media: BC will intervene in Sask legal challenge of national carbon pricing system

Hi Caelie, Mira,

We've commented on BC's news today.

See DSF social posts are up:

[Facebook](#)

[Twitter](#)

Thanks
Ian

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 27, 2018 2:48 PM
To: 'Nancy McHarg'
Subject: FW: Draft email invite

From: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:46 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Draft email invite

ENGO's/Civil Society/FN

Hi [name],

I'm writing on behalf of Minister Heyman to invite you to a confidential technical briefing on an exciting upcoming announcement about B.C.'s new climate plan.

We'll be sharing confidential information at this hour-long briefing, so we request that you limit attendance to one person from your organization. You'll also be asked to sign an NDA.

The technical briefing will be delivered by Climate Action Secretariat Deputy Minister Bobbi Plecas, ED of the Clean Growth Strategy Tim Lesiuk, and ADM from Energy and Mines Les MacLaren.

Monday, December 3

9:00 am – 10:00 am

Vancouver Cabinet Office, (999 Canada Place, 7th floor (Look for the German consulate and it's at the end of the hallway)

Following the briefing, Minister Heyman would then also like to discuss the plan with you from 1:00 pm-2:00 pm at VCO. Please RSVP your attendance with Reamick Lo - Reamick.Lo@gov.bc.ca

Thanks,
Caelie

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 27, 2018 2:49 PM
To: 'Dan Woynillowicz'
Subject: FW: CleanBC launch and stakeholders

Hi Dan –

Just following up on any clean tech ideas you may have.

Thank you! s

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2018 8:59 AM
To: Merran Smith <merran@cleanenergycanada.org>
Cc: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX <Caelie.Frampton@gov.bc.ca>; Dan Woynillowicz <dan@cleanenergycanada.org>
Subject: Re: CleanBC launch and stakeholders

This is super helpful, Merran. Thank you.

A few points: Ian just sent me a note on methane that I requested from him - perhaps you can ask him to share with you. I want to make sure we do all we can to address this with them.

Good additions to the list - I'll add them.

I'd love any clean tech suggestions.

Agree re D'Avignon.

Curious which mayors - we have a list that we can share.

Going over the whole list today so will share with you once it's tailored some.

Re location: we have one on hold. It's not ideal. More later today.

Thanks Merran.

Mira Oreck
604 839 1967

On Nov 22, 2018, at 8:31 AM, Merran Smith <merran@cleanenergycanada.org> wrote:

Hi Mira and Caelie,
To follow up from our call and discussions this week:

1. Methane – I got a brief from Bobbi. I am talking with Ian Bruce today. I'll get back to you to see if there is a way to bring everyone on side. It sounds like BC has done a lot of things, and is just

missing one that DSF wants to see but the process was signed off by all a number of months ago, so that complicates things.

2. Invites to event – can you add Rudy North, Ross Beaty (business community and philanthropists); Shauna Sylvester, Alex Boston (SFU Centre for Dialogue, Renewable Cities) if they are not on the list.
3. I'm assuming people like Mark Jaccard, Tzeporah on that list?
4. Mayors – I've spoken with s.22 and he thinks a contingent of mayors could be there/supportive if you want. Let me know and I can get back s.22
s.22
5. s.22 we're suggesting that Greg D'Avignon be there as a business voice.
6. There are many from the clean energy tech sector that could be invited. Let me know if you want a list.
7. Have you found a location?
8. We have a plan for talking with the ENGOs and I'll keep you updated.

M

--

Merran Smith

Executive Director

604.816.5636 | @merransmith | cleanenergycanada.org

<image001.png>

For the week's top news and analysis, check out [Clean Energy Review](#)

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 27, 2018 5:06 PM
To: Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX
Cc: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX; Lloyd, Evan GCPE:EX
Subject: RE: Requests for embargoed copies
Attachments: Clean BC Stakeholder Plan Nov 27.docx

See attached for information on who is attending the briefings (currently) and also the short-list of people I'd like to reach out to regarding validation (in advance) of the 5th. Note: your initials are beside some of them. I want to make sure we are coordinated in terms of who else is asking for validator quotes and that I am collecting all of them centrally. I know there are efforts from IGRS (which is great) - I just really don't want to duplicate. Also, if there are people on the validator list who you don't think should be there, please let me know.

Adding Evan.

Tx!

From: Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 4:48 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Cross, Elaine ENV:EX <Elaine.Cross@gov.bc.ca>; Cameron, Tara D ENV:EX <Tara.Cameron@gov.bc.ca>; Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX <Tim.Lesiuk@gov.bc.ca>; Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX <Caelie.Frampton@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Requests for embargoed copies

Happy to review!

On Nov 27, 2018, at 4:46 PM, Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Done. Thank you.

Bobbi, I'll sending you the updated list tonight of who is in which briefing – the list has grown and I'd welcome your feedback on it.

Tx!

From: Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:54 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Cross, Elaine ENV:EX <Elaine.Cross@gov.bc.ca>; Cameron, Tara D ENV:EX <Tara.Cameron@gov.bc.ca>; Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX <Tim.Lesiuk@gov.bc.ca>; Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX <Caelie.Frampton@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Requests for embargoed copies

Also - would like to include Jae Mather from Clean Energy BC in group A

On Nov 27, 2018, at 2:39 PM, Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Thanks, Elaine.

That's great to know.

Bobbi, what do you think about including them in the first briefing on the 3rd?

Mira

From: Cross, Elaine ENV:EX

Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 11:57 AM

To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>; Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX <Bobbi.Plecas@gov.bc.ca>

Cc: Cameron, Tara D ENV:EX <Tara.Cameron@gov.bc.ca>; Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX <Tim.Lesiuk@gov.bc.ca>

Subject: Requests for embargoed copies

Hi Mira and Bobbi,

We've received two requests so far from parties who are interested in receiving an embargoed copy of the strategy so they are able to write a press release or op-ed of support:

- Dr. Susanne Ruhle, Canada Green Building Council
- Sybil Seitzinger, Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions s.13
s.13

Can you let me know how you'd like to handle these requests, as it is likely they will continue to come in.

Thanks,

Elaine

Elaine Cross

A/Project Director

Climate Action Secretariat

Ministry of Environment & Climate Change Strategy

P: 250-893-0582

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 27, 2018 8:26 PM
To: Kouri, Rosa GCPE:EX; Devereux, Rick GCPE:EX; Aaron, Sage PREM:EX; Van Meer-Mass, Kate PREM:EX
Subject: RE: Follow up on today

Thanks, Rick.

Happy to talk about intro'ers and to get started on them tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on who I land with/when and once enough of them are confirmed, you should definitely get in touch. (I'll give them a heads up about that).

My big concern for the immediate future (ie tomorrow) is getting the invitation out. My team has collected at least 50% of the contacts and should have at least 75% by tomorrow mid-day. I think once we have the majority, we should start sending them with a plan for follow up. Are you figuring out a plan for sending these out? Who from? Branding? Etc. I'm keen to do something interesting but I think I'm more keen to make sure they get out soon (tomorrow EOD or Thursday morning latest). Please let me know if you want/need help on this.

Tx!

From: Kouri, Rosa GCPE:EX
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:14 PM
To: Devereux, Rick GCPE:EX <Rick.Devereux@gov.bc.ca>; Aaron, Sage PREM:EX <Sage.Aaron@gov.bc.ca>; Van Meer-Mass, Kate PREM:EX <Kate.VanMeer-Mass@gov.bc.ca>; Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: Follow up on today

Thanks Rick!

I can answer on two of these points:

Translation: David Crebo is working with translators for the NR and the Executive summary. I'm sure he could fast-track the title for you.

Technical briefing: Don Z is our lead on the technical briefing. So far we have just talked about materials, it would be good to discuss the event planning pieces of it with him to make sure it's on his radar. And yes that's great, glad you are confirming the Victoria lock-up details.

From: Devereux, Rick GCPE:EX
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 5:59 PM
To: Aaron, Sage PREM:EX <Sage.Aaron@gov.bc.ca>; Van Meer-Mass, Kate PREM:EX <Kate.VanMeer-Mass@gov.bc.ca>; Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>; Kouri, Rosa GCPE:EX <Rosa.Kouri@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Follow up on today

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply, since our meeting I have been tied up at a few events and meetings. I did want to get this to you asap so we can confirm things as soon as possible as well.

Intro speakers: Mira, given the Premier's ok, let me know how you want to reach out to the list of speakers we discussed. I think it should happen tomorrow if possible, so we have as much time to work with them as possible, and also in case they say no. Not to get into the weeds or things that are obvious, but I feel we should also be persistent – I don't think we should wait days for a reply. I am happy to reach out but I suspect it is better coming from you, and you can hand off to me for the aspects around the timing and logistics. I want to make sure to work around your briefing needs with these people, but we do need to start talking with them about the details and delivery of their speeches and their rehearsals very soon.

Post Event Scrum: We just barely discussed this, and perhaps it merits a further talk. As far as I can see, our two options are to have one very nicely set up scrum location from which our X-number of validators scrum one after another, or a more frenetic approach in which we set up X number of stations and journalists are free to mill about and scrum them concurrently. We are fine to set up either – let me know if you have a strong preference.

Graphic Products: I have the graphics team working on an update to the stuff I sent earlier, with different background imagery to replace the mist/clouds that looked more like dirt. Do let me know as soon as possible if you think there are needs for anything else, or other changes. **I'd like to send in the things for print that need printing on Thursday by noon.**

TRANSLATION OF CLEAN BC in to Chinese and Punjabi: Rosa, I just wanted to make sure that there is a clear lead on this. I gather that there is desire to get a one pager or something translated, but for my purposes I need the title alone. Let me know who I should follow up with on this.

Technical Briefing: Who is lead on this? Our technical briefings for previous things have often been devoid of consideration of staging and similar planning until very late and I would like to avoid this. I will proceed based on our conversation of yesterday in confirming the details of a Victoria lock up as well for folks to listen and ask questions from here as well.

Thanks
Rick

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 28, 2018 10:11 AM
To: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX
Subject: RE: Draft email invite

ENGO's/Civil Society/FN

Hi [name],

I'm writing on behalf of Minister Heyman to invite you to a technical briefing related to B.C.'s climate plan. The technical briefing will be delivered by Climate Action Secretariat Deputy Minister Bobbi Plecas, ED of the Clean Growth Strategy Tim Lesiuk, and ADM from Energy and Mines Les MacLaren.

Monday, December 3

9:00 am – 10:00 am

Vancouver Cabinet Office, (999 Canada Place, 7th floor (Look for the German consulate and it's at the end of the hallway)

A non-disclosure agreement is attached to this email. Please fill it out and send it back to me or bring it to the briefing on Monday morning.

Please note: this invitation is non-transferable. If you are unable to attend and would like someone else to attend from your organization, please be in touch with me directly.

All the best,
Caelie

From: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:46 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Draft email invite

ENGO's/Civil Society/FN

Hi [name],

I'm writing on behalf of Minister Heyman to invite you to a confidential technical briefing on an exciting upcoming announcement about B.C.'s new climate plan.

We'll be sharing confidential information at this hour-long briefing, so we request that you limit attendance to one person from your organization. You'll also be asked to sign an NDA.

The technical briefing will be delivered by Climate Action Secretariat Deputy Minister Bobbi Plecas, ED of the Clean Growth Strategy Tim Lesiuk, and ADM from Energy and Mines Les MacLaren.

Monday, December 3

9:00 am – 10:00 am

Vancouver Cabinet Office, (999 Canada Place, 7th floor (Look for the German consulate and it's at the end of the hallway)

Following the briefing, Minister Heyman would then also like to discuss the plan with you from 1:00 pm-2:00 pm at VCO. Please RSVP your attendance with Reamick Lo - Reamick.Lo@gov.bc.ca

Thanks,
Caelie

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 28, 2018 10:33 AM
To: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX
Subject: briefing agenda doc
Attachments: CleanBC Briefing Draft Agenda.docx

Mira Oreck, Director of Stakeholder Relations
Office of the Premier
#740 – 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC
604 839 1967

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 28, 2018 11:32 AM
To: Viaud, Chantille PREM:EX
Subject: Fwd: contact info for vignette organizations
Attachments: Vignette Story - Contacts - Final.xlsx; ATT00001.htm

Mira Oreck
604 839 1967

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX" <Tim.Lesiuk@gov.bc.ca>
Date: November 28, 2018 at 10:49:43 AM PST
To: "Oreck, Mira PREM:EX" <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>, "Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX" <Caelie.Frampton@gov.bc.ca>, "Kouri, Rosa GCPE:EX" <Rosa.Kouri@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: "Cross, Elaine ENV:EX" <Elaine.Cross@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: contact info for vignette organizations

The names highlighted in yellow are the persons we have contacted at the organization. We have provided the contact info for the CEO for potential invitation.

tim

Tim Lesiuk
Executive Director, Clean Growth Strategy
Climate Action Secretariat
Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
Cell: +1 250-216-5893
Email: tim.lesiuk@gov.bc.ca

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 28, 2018 12:18 PM
To: Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX
Cc: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX; Kouri, Rosa GCPE:EX; Cross, Elaine ENV:EX; Viaud, Chantille PREM:EX
Subject: RE: contact info for vignette organizations

That was plan, thank you.

I was thinking Susannah from LNG Canada though – unless their CEO is in town? Or both in that case.

From: Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 12:11 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX <Caelie.Frampton@gov.bc.ca>; Kouri, Rosa GCPE:EX <Rosa.Kouri@gov.bc.ca>; Cross, Elaine ENV:EX <Elaine.Cross@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: contact info for vignette organizations

No. Contact is just FYI. We recommend inviting the CEOs.

Tim Lesiuk
Executive Director, Clean Growth
Climate Action Secretariat,
Province of British Columbia
Mobile: [250.216.5893](tel:250.216.5893)
Email: tim.lesiuk@gov.bc.ca

On Nov 28, 2018, at 12:00 PM, Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Hi Tim,

Are you suggesting we invite two per org? That will be tight on space – we can definitely one.

Please let me know – also we may need contact info.

M

From: Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:50 AM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>; Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX <Caelie.Frampton@gov.bc.ca>; Kouri, Rosa GCPE:EX <Rosa.Kouri@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Cross, Elaine ENV:EX <Elaine.Cross@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: contact info for vignette organizations

The names highlighted in yellow are the persons we have contacted at the organization. We have provided the contact info for the CEO for potential invitation.

tim

Tim Lesiuk

Executive Director, Clean Growth Strategy
Climate Action Secretariat
Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
Cell: +1 250-216-5893
Email: tim.lesiuk@gov.bc.ca

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 28, 2018 5:06 PM
To: Horlor, Shannon GCPE:EX
Cc: Dalzell, Danielle GCPE:EX; Aaron, Sage PREM:EX
Subject: RE: FOR REVIEW: Chanukah statement
Attachments: Hannukah 2018.docx

See attached. Sorry folks – made some changes.

From: Horlor, Shannon GCPE:EX
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:32 AM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Dalzell, Danielle GCPE:EX <Danielle.Dalzell@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: FOR REVIEW: Chanukah statement

Hi Mira,

I'd be very grateful if you'd give the final version of the Chanukah statement one last quick review and share any thoughts you may have on it. I'm not sure I have the right tone. I incorporated your other edits from last week in this version.

Thanks so much,
Shannon

Shannon Horlor

Writer | Writing and Content Strategy | Cabinet Priorities
Government Communications and Public Engagement
p. 250.812.6623

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 30, 2018 2:21 PM
To: Aaron, Sage PREM:EX; Hardin, Karl GCPE:EX
Subject: FW: Fwd:
Attachments: IMG_5106.MOV; ATT00001.txt

Not as good as the mainstage, but still, pretty beautiful.

From: French, Shawna IRR:EX
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 2:11 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Fwd:

This may work better

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

----- Original message -----

From: s.22
Date: 2018-11-30 1:41 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: "French, Shawna IRR:EX" <Shawna.French@gov.bc.ca>
Subject:

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 30, 2018 2:39 PM
To: Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX
Cc: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX; Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX; Cameron, Tara D ENV:EX
Subject: RE: Additional Pre-Brief

No concerns - just wondering if we may want to add to it with others from afar. Mind if I send over a few ideas for consideration later today?

-----Original Message-----

From: Plecas, Bobbi ENV:EX
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 2:38 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Frampton, Caelie ENV:EX <Caelie.Frampton@gov.bc.ca>; Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX <Tim.Lesiuk@gov.bc.ca>; Cameron, Tara D ENV:EX <Tara.Cameron@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Additional Pre-Brief

We are going to do an extra briefing of the following folks on Tuesday:

- Chris Regan (eco-fiscal)
- world bank
- Andrew Leach
- Stuart Elgy (smart prosperity)

I don't want to overlap your list and think these folks are important going forward.

Any concerns, let me know.

Bobbi

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 30, 2018 4:21 PM
To: Lesiuk, Tim JTT:EX
Cc: Cross, Elaine ENV:EX
Subject: Re: invite list

Hi Tim -

I'm sorry I've been at FNLG in meetings for 2 days. I'll forward you the latest that I sent to Evan earlier today.

We can still add people - if needed/wanted.

Mira

Mira Oreck
604 839 1967

On Nov 30, 2018, at 3:51 PM, Lesiuk, Tim ENV:EX <Tim.Lesiuk@gov.bc.ca> wrote:

Hi Mira,

You mentioned you wanted me to have a look at the invite list for the event. Is there an updated version you want me to review?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Lesiuk
Executive Director, Clean Growth Strategy
Climate Action Secretariat
Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
Cell: +1 250-216-5893
Email: tim.lesiuk@gov.bc.ca

Shortt, Amanda PREM:EX

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: November 30, 2018 4:22 PM
To: Lesiuk, Tim JTT:EX
Subject: Fwd: Briefings
Attachments: Climate Plan Event Invites.xlsx; ATT00001.htm

Mira Oreck
604 839 1967

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Viaud, Chantille PREM:EX" <Chantille.Viaud@gov.bc.ca>
Date: November 30, 2018 at 10:08:35 AM PST
To: "Lloyd, Evan GCPE:EX" <Evan.Lloyd@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: "Oreck, Mira PREM:EX" <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: Briefings

Hello Evan-

As requested here is the latest invite list (not RSVP list). Let me know if you have any questions, or would like an updated RSVP list at anytime. Some CEOs will be sending local delegates.

Cheers,
Chantille

From: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 8:54 AM
To: Lloyd, Evan GCPE:EX <Evan.Lloyd@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: Viaud, Chantille PREM:EX <Chantille.Viaud@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: RE: Briefings

Evan,

Attached is the plan.

Chantille, can you please send Evan the latest copy of the audience list? This is relevant because it speaks to who will be there and connecting directly with media. There is also a long list of validators to follow.

Evan, separately – once I've made some headway on our goal of getting 20 validator quotes in advance of the event, I'd like to talk about your list of names and how we connect with them after the event.

Thanks,
Mira

From: Lloyd, Evan GCPE:EX
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:39 PM
To: Oreck, Mira PREM:EX <Mira.Oreck@gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Briefings

Hi Mira

Can you please provide an update on the Stakeholder and Validation plan and roll-out? I have the original sent last weekend but you've made considerable progress since then. I'm trying to pull together all the pieces as of today and anticipating the work tomorrow, this weekend, and Monday – including the first briefing for the premier that afternoon (for which I've been asked to do an overview).

Also if there is anything I can do in terms of facilitating contact with some of the folks that I'd suggested recently, please let me know.

Evan